A Plan For Sehun's Birthday Bash!

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

CHAPTER EIGHT:

It's been three days since I found out about Sister Jemma. We dont have rehearsals today that's why we're all just hanging around our dorm.

I was on my way to the fridge when someone called my name.

"Hey Shin." Kai nudged me with his arm.

"Hey." I replied as I grab a bottle of water.

"You're drinking water again?"

I nodded.

"You haven't been eating much for about three days. Why? Is there something wrong? Are you sick?" Kai asked worriedly.

Suddenly, Suho hyung came.

"Who's sick?" he asked.

Before I could even respond to his question, Kai interrupted.

"Shin. He's so gloomy this past few days. That's why I think he's sick."

"Is that true? Are you sick?" Suho hyung asked, turning his face to me.

I shrugged. "Aniyo hyung. Believe me, I'm alright."

"Geurae, if you need something or if you're feeling unwell, feel free to tell me." Suho hyung said, patting my shoulder.

"Sure hyung."

I went to our bedroom and sat on my bed, constantly checking out my phone every minute.

Until I realized that I was already sleeping but too lazy to wake up.

SEHUN's POV

Is it true? Shin is sick?

Hmm. Maybe he is. He's been so quiet for a couple of days. He didn't even dared to argue with me whenever I'm joking around him.

Gahh, why do I feel so guilty and concerned about him?

Oh Sehun, don't tell me you have feelings for him? He's a guy, in case you forgot.

"Yah, wake up. Dinner is ready." I said as I shake his head.

"Oh please, give me 5 minutes more." he murmured.

"Ah. What a child." I grunted then stormed out of the room.

I stood up in front of our door. Suddenly, I heard an unusual sound. I went to search for it only to find out that it's coming from our room.

I entered back our room and saw a crying Shin. I didn't know what to do for him to stop crying so I just walked towards him and patted his shoulders.

SHIN's POV

Just when I thought Sehun has left the room, I broke down into tears.

I miss her so much. Why does it have to happen? Why?

Suddenly, I felt a hand touched my shoulder.

"Se-sehun?"

"Seriously? What is wrong with you?" he uttered. I can't tell if he's mad, worried or whatever. His face is indescribable.

I didn't know what to say. All I know is that I really missed Sister Jemma. Suddenly, Sehun leaned towards me and pulled me into a hug.

"Whatever it is, it'll be alright. Uljima.." he said.

It feels so different. Maybe this is the another side of Sehun that I wanted to see but never had a chance to.

The next day, Manager Hyung talked to me. He said that the CEO had allowed me to not attend the rehearsal for a while. What's the reason? I need to have a check up since I've been feeling so unwell lately.

Manager Hyung, you're so brilliant!

"Jeongmal?" I asked.

"Yes. So you better get ready now."

"Yes, I will."

I went to pack some clothes. Good thing the other members went out for rehearsal on SME.

"Suho said Kris didn't attend the rehearsals either. I asked him why but he said he didn't know." Manager Hyung mentioned as we get into the car.

"Hmm is that so?"

"Whoa, wait. Why are you carrying such a big bag?" he asked.

"I packed some girl's clothes here. They cant see me as Shin. They need to see me as Shin Mei." I explained.

"You're right."

After driving half an hour, we were finally able to reach the orphanage where I grew up. I told Manager Hyung to get out of the car first so I can change clothes.

I wore a fitted jeans and a long sleeved hoodie. I put on a wig which is just as long as my hair before to cover my dyed hair. As I finish changing my looks, I went out of the car.

"Wow. You really look like a girl now. You look like a doll again. You're more like the very first time I saw you, not EXO's Shin."

"Jinjja? Komawo." I smiled.

We went inside of the orphanage. It's good to see the people in this place again. It feels like all of the memories while I'm still living here went back to me.

"Oh, here you are Shin Mei!" I heard a familiar voice. It was Sister Jin.

She used to take care of me along with Sister Jemma when I was young.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Sister Jemma.."

She just gave me a smile.

"It's okay. Wherever she is, right now, I'm sure she's happy. She's happy that you'd grown up well. She's with the Heavenly Father now. We dont have to worry."

A tear escaped my eye just by hearing those words.

"Sshh, dont cry. Anyway, before she died, she wanted to give you this." she handed me a white box. I'm not sure what's inside of it. But it must be so important.

"Thank you."

We went to the grave after that. Manager Hyung told me that he'll just look for some place to park and he'll just wait for me.

Just when I saw Sister Jemma's grave. I offered it flowers and lit up a candle. I opened the white box. I saw a white envelope with a letter inside so I sat beside the grave and read the letter.

Hello my dear Shin Mei.

How are you? I see, you've grown up well. I can see that you've become such a beautiful girl now. Anyway, I wont take it long. I'll just go straight to the point.

You were given to me when you're just a baby along with your twin brother. Yes, you have a twin brother but he was taken away after a month. He was adopted. We didn't have any news regarding him since then. I'm so sorry that this happened to you. We really want to help you find your brother but we cant. I'm sorry, my dear. You had an amnesia after your brother was gone and we didn't bother telling you because we dont want you to be sad and depressed about it. I hope you would forgive me.

I'll always pray for you Shin Mei. I love you.

 

After reading the letter, I realized that I was already crying. I scanned the box and found a photo inside.

A photo of me with my brother.

I wonder where he is right now. Is he alright? Is he still alive? How does he look like? I'm really curious.

After a few more hours of paying respect, I decided to go back to the car.

But then, I bumped into a guy while I was walking.

"Hey! Watch it!" he said. His hair was covered with black beannie and he's wearing a sunglasses.

Somehow, this guy looks so familiar.

"Sorry." I apologized.

He stopped and stared at me as if he knew me. Gahd, did he noticed me? Did he found out that I'm EXO's Shin? Gahd, I hope not.

I panicked and ran away from the weird guy. Just when I saw Manager Hyung's car, I quickly opened the door and dragged myself in.

"How was it?" he asked.

"It was good. Only there's this freak guy who bumped into me and stared at me as if he knew me." I said.

"Oh, you should be careful next time. There's a lot of freaks out there." he cautioned.

"By the way, I found out something." I said.

"Before Sister Jemma died, she wrote me a letter. It was said there that I have a brother who was adopted when we're young. Do you think I'll be able to find him?" I continued.

"That isn't impossible. Only if we know his name." he said.

That's right. His name. But... Mother Superior didn't tell what his name is. Eottohke?

"Well, I'll take care of it. Dont worry." he said.

I smiled.

Gahd, I still cant believe I have a brother. I hope I could find him.

We were about to go to SME when I realized that I haven't changed my clothes yet. I'm still dressed up as Shin Mei.

Really? You're so dumb, Shin Mei. You really are. I thought to myself, mentally slapping both of my cheeks.

"Oh, I forgot. I need to change my clothes. I'll be back right away." I told Manager Hyung as I grab my bag and went out of the car.

I decided to go back to the orphanage so I could change my clothes. They can't see me wearing clothes like this.

While I was on my way, I saw a little boy crying at the side of the street. So I walked towards him and asked him why is he crying.

"Neo gwaen chana?" I asked him.

He didn't answer.

"Geez, are you lost? Are you with your parents?" I asked once again.

He nodded then shrugged. I heard a strange sound. A sound of growling stomach because of hunger. Gahd, I'm hungry.

"I see, so you're lost. Wait, do you want something to eat first before we find your parents?" I suggested. This kid looked hungry, too.

He nodded again.

We went to some stalls nearby to buy something to eat. After that, we went to a bubble tea shop to buy bubble tea.

"Kamsahamnida noona. This is so delicious." the kid said. He's so cute.

"You think so? Well, that is a bubble tea." I said, smiling at him.

We went out of the shop and started looking for his parents.

After a few minutes of walking around, we still haven't found what we're looking for. So I decided to just go to the nearest police station to report a missing child.

"Gahd, how are we gonna find your parents?" I sighed while walking.

"Hyung!" the kid shouted as if he finally found his lost... brother? not parents?

"Jiyoo! Thank goodness I found you! I thought I already lost you." a guy ran towards us, he must be the brother of this kid.

The guy looked at me.

"Thank you! I really thought I lost him. Thank you again!" he said.

I gave him a smile.

"Animida. I should be going now. I'm in a hurry." I said, waving my hands a little.

"Is that so? Okay. Nice to meet you anyway." he said.

I walked as fast as I can so that I could get into the door. I was about to open it when the door opened all of a sudden and, a very tall guy bumped to me causing me to stumble into the ground.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed.

"Oh sorry, did I hit you?" he asked, helping me to get up.

"No? The door hit me by itself." I hissed. I really need to hurry.

Omo, this is the freak guy I saw while I was on Sister's grave.

We awkwardly stared at each other not realizing that we were still sitting on the ground. After what felt like forever, we heard a voice.

"YA! What are you doing here?"

It was Manager Hyung.

"Didn't I told you that we need to hurry?" he said.

"Manager Hyung?! What are you doing here?" the guy said.

My eyes widened in shock. How did he know Manager Hyung?

"K-Kris?" Manager Hyung said, looking surprised.

Omo, Kris?! Eottohke? What if he recognizes me? What should I do?

"What are you doing here?" they both asked at the same time.

"No, wait. What are you doing here and who is that girl? What are you doing here with a girl?" he asked.

"She's.. she's.." Manager Hyung stuttered.

Manager Hyung poked me on my shoulders and mouthed me to run. Quickly, I stood up from the ground and ran as fast as I can.

"Wait!" I heard Kris shouted.

I didn't bother looking back at him. I don't wanna be found out. Atleast not now.

Kris POV

"No, wait. What are you doing here and who is that girl? What are you doing here with a girl?" I asked, looking confused.

Is he dating someone?

No, wait. I know this girl. I think I know this girl. I just can't recall.

All of a sudden, the girl stood up and ran away then Manager Hyung, too. They left me standing there, still surprised and confused.

I looked down at the ground and saw a necklace. The girl must've dropped it when she stood up. I picked up the necklace and my eyes widened in shock.

"LSM?!" I muttered.

All of a sudden, the memories when I was young flashed back into my mind.

 

Flashback (Back when Kris was 10 years old)

 

"We're here." Umma said.

The car stopped and I looked outside the window. It's an orphanage.

"What are we doing here, umma?" I asked.

"We're here to help some children. Are you ready?" she smiled.

We entered the orphanage and saw a lot of children.

"Welcome Mrs. Wu! We're so glad to have you here. Thank you for visiting." said the lady.

"It's okay. You know how much I love taking care of people, right?" Umma said.

"Yes, and that is indeed nice of you." the other lady said.

"Fanfan, why dont you just stroll around and play with the other children?" umma suggested.

I nodded.

I took a walk around the orphanage. It was kinda big. There were lots of children playing around the area.

Suddenly, I saw a girl staring blankly on a tree in front of the bench where she's sitting.

Soon enough, a boy walked towards her and gave her a lollipop.

They look exactly the same. Except for the fact that she's a girl and the other one is a boy. But really, they look exactly alike.

"Wow." I mumbled.

I walked towards them.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Hello." the boy snobbishly said while the other one looked at me and smiled.

I see. Even if they have the same face, they have different personalities.

The boy suddenly walked out.

"Hi, I'm Wu Yi Fan. You can just call me Fanfan." I said.

"I'm Shin Mei. That was my twin brother. I'm sorry if he acts so rough. I dont know why he's like that though." she explained.

"Oh I see." I nodded.

"Are you the son of Mrs. Wu?" she asked.

I nodded.

"She's very nice to us. She had help us a lot and she's pretty, too." she said then gave me a smile.

She's so cute. She looks like a doll. I noticed her beautiful necklace. There are letters 'L', 'S' and 'M' on it. It's beautiful. It really suits her.

After that conversation, we became friends. She's so nice to me. I tried to make friends with his brother but he always shuts me out. I dont know what his problem though.

Until one day, we had to go back to Canada. I told Shin Mei about it and she was so sad. So I promised here that I'll go back soon. Very soon.

After a month, the orphanage called us. We were still in Canada when we heard the news that Shin Mei have been sent to a hospital because of an accident. I asked my mom if I can go back to Korea to visit Shin Mei but she didn't let me.

After that, I never had a news about her. I found out that she was been adopted 7 months after the accident.

Since then, I never heard anything about her.

End of flashback

 

"SHIN MEI?!" I exclaimed as my mind and thoughts went back to reality.

That girl with Manager Hyung.. is Shin Mei?

I need to talk to Manager Hyung right away.

I went back to my car and drove to SM Building quick. I saw Manager Hyung and Shin talking at the lobby. So I walked towards him and grabbed Manager's arms to confront him. Their face looked so shocked.

"Hyung, are you hiding something to us?" I asked.

Shin's eye widened as he looked at him.

"Answer me!" I exclaimed.

SHIN's POV

"That girl, she's a friend of Shin. We visited her after we went to the hospital to have a check up since Shin had been so sick lately. Wae?" Manager Hyung said.

"N-nothing. Nevermind. I just thought, you were dating someone." said Kris then looked away.

We returned to the practice room. All the other members ran towards us and asked us why are we late. Except for Sehun, who was just sitting on a corner with his earphones on.

"I just went to visit someone very important to me." said Kris.

"I went to the doctor with Manager Hyung." I said.

All of the other members aww-ed.

"Please take care of yourself more! " they said.

"I will." I nodded with a smile.

We returned to our practice. It's only 5 days to go before our comeback show in Jamsil indoor gymnasium. Gahd, I'm getting nervous.

Our teaser videos were already out and we're all excited to see what are the reactions of our fans about it. So sad, K and M have to seperate soon because M will be flying to China to promote our album there.

After our practice, we headed straight to our dorm. I collapsed on my bed right away and stared blankly at the ceiling. Suddenly, the door opened and I saw Sehun walking towards my bed. He sat down at the edge of the bed and stared at me. Gahd, why does he keep on staring at me? It makes me feel awkward.

"Is it true? That you were sick?" he asked with worried eyes.

"Huh?"

He rolled his eyes and hit me on my head.

"Aw! What was that for?" I exclaimed.

"Aish! You're such a dork. Just take care of yourself if you're sick. Dont bother other people anymore." he said, becoming so irritated all of a sudden.

"I know! You dont have to tell me that!" I sassed.

"Well then get out. I'm going to take a shower first. Suho hyung is looking for you." he coldly said.

I went outside the room only to see the other members gather around the living room. It seems like they're having a meeting.

"Ya! Shin! Come here!" Baekhyun called.

I walked towards them and sat between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Baekhyun leaned on my shoulder and Chanyeol noticed it so he hit Baekhyun's head while giving him a look. I cant help myself but to laugh at what they were doing.

"Okay, so here's how it's going to be." Suho hyung started.

"We all know that the day after tomorrow is Sehunnie's birthday, right? We'll be holding a surprise party and we all should buy him gifts. So here's the plan, dont let him know that you're buying gifts for him. We'll be greeting him at our live performance in Japan." he continued.

Oh I see, I totally forgot that the day after tomorrow is Sehun's birthday.

"I wonder what should I buy for him." I mumbled.

 

 

Translations:

Umma/Eomma - mom

Omo! - Oh my!

Animida - No thanks

Neo gwaen chana - Are you alright

Jinjja? - Are you serious?/ Really?

Komawo - Thanks

Jeongmal - Really

Aniyo - No

 

 

Yo Yo Yo Chingu-ya!

FINALLY! A L-O-N-G-E-R CHAPTER FOR YOU GUYTH!

Anyway, if you want to ask or talk about something, please visit my Ask.fm account because THERE is where I'll be answering your questions :)
→→ Ask.fm/TheMelliBrandy

With love, Melli ♥