Chapter 8

Another Life

P/s: because i have edited some.. i hope u will reread this chap. Btw im hvg an exam soon. I only write when im stressed and exam steessed me and writing distracting me from study which is not a good idea..

 

            Dongwan arrived home safely. The night was as dark and silent as it could possibly be, and Dongwan unlocked the door to his home. He shuffled his way to the bedroom while dropping everything that was weighing him along the way without slightest care. His shoes, his bag, his blazer and tie were abandoned haphazardly on the floor as he closed the door of the bedroom behind him. Inside the safe confinement of the dark haven, he finally took off his mask of pretence; exposing the pathetic side that he would never let anyone see.

            He let the pain that he had been kept secret earlier roamed freely throughout every inch of his heart. The pain became intense in the stillness of the room, pulsating within each heartbeat that his legs gave away while he slide down the door and sat on the floor, his hand clutched his chest. His face twisted with grimace, but he did not panic. This pain, it was not a rare occurrence to him and he still did not die so what was the deal? Though the pain he felt this time was strange yet it was familiar and he recognize it. It was the same pain he felt the night he deny his dream. Are you kidding me? Why at this time? WHYYY?!

            Dongwan tried hard to crawl towards the bed. If only.. if only I had said yes at that time, would I not be the stranger who could only watch their warmness from the outside? If I had said yes, maybe I would not have live a lifetime of loneliness and misery? Dongwan knew it was futile to hope for impossible things, time would never rewind itself.

           God, why are you playing this joke on me? Is it funny to you to see me hurt? He knew his sins from his past were unforgivable, but to be punished this way was plain cruel. He was a broken man with no love to offer, being mocked of his broken dream.

            Dongwan managed to pull himself onto the bed. Ignoring the throbbing pain, he lullabied himself to wait for the dawn. The tears had dried a long long time ago.

……………………………..

            They got a new dongsaeng today. He was slightly older than Andy and he was introduced as Junjin. He thought that the name was unusual but later on he would laugh after he knew the reason. The tall boy with the bread hat looked shy when the manager introduced him to them in the practice room. However, his confidence glowed with a childish smirk when Junjin performed some dance moves that were powerful enough to wow everyone in the room. He could see Minwoo was intrigued by the new boy’s skill though Hyesung did not looked really happy. Haha poor Hyesung… even with this new boy, he would be the last in dancing. Andy sighed because he was still the maknae of the group, but he and Junjin played well together. With the addition of Junjin, their group was completed.

!@#@%#&*!%&! Wind from nowhere blew wild and the noise like broken radio made his head hurt. His vision blurred with distorted image for a moment, and suddenly the situation became calm again.

            They were playing with each other while resting after the dance practice. Junjin told jokes and the room roared with their laughter. This kid was really witty, and mischievous too, especially when helping him teasing the shy singer. Their playfulness was interrupted when the manager came again, with another boy. This boy was a bit shorter, with fierce smile plastered on his pretty face and his eyes were shining like stars. Eh.. what is this scene? Our group only have five members? The baggy trousers made the small boy looked shorter. The manager introduced him to the curious members, “Everyone, this is Kim Dongwan.”