Chapter 3

Another Life

            “Yah Lee Minwoo! WHERE ARE YOU!!” his peaceful sleep was interrupted with a yelling voice as soon as he picked up his phone when the phone refused to stop ringing.

            The annoyed sleepy man grunted. “You are still sleeping at this hour? DID YOU KNOW WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” the caller insisted to continue yelling. “Stop yelling, jerk. What’s up?” Minwoo rubbed his aching temple. His hangover from yesterday still persist.

            “What did you do last night? There’s your scandal all over the internet right now! Why you give me headache early in the morning, stupid!” “What nonsense are you talking about, Eric?” Minwoo was really confused. He did not remember doing anything stupid last night, did he?

            “ARE YOU CRAZY? The articles said you make out with random guy last night and that you are homo. Get up and see for yourself. I have no time for this. Our opening ceremony is around the corner so don’t do any trouble, please! AND FIX THIS MESS RIGHT NOW.” With that command, Eric the leader hung up the phone.

            “Tchh. Is he crazy?” complained the man who was still lying on the sofa. He glanced at the clock, it was only 11 am. Even though his small eyes were heavy, he searched his name on the web and the first thing he saw was the picture that he took with the new friend he met last night. It was a selfie showing that he was kissing the guy’s neck while the guy appeared ticklish – and the description under it which he remembered wrote: ‘Met new handsome friend at the club. Where have you gone from my life before?’

            It was true that the picture was taken by him and he remembered posting a picture of them on his Instagram. The thing is that it was not the picture that he had chosen to send; he might mistakenly send another picture. They had taken a lot of ridiculous pictures just for fun. Dongwan was sporting and they felt mysteriously compatible with each other.

            Minwoo read the article. ‘(Title) The reason why idol Lee Minwoo broke up with his girl? (Article) A few weeks ago we were surprised by sudden announcement from Lee Minwoo, the multitalented singer from famous idol group SHINHWA, stating he had broken up with his girlfriend that he dated for one-and-a-half year because of lack of understanding. Today, Minwoo undoubtedly breaks many of his fans heart after he revealed a picture of his new ‘friend’, taking in a provocative manner in a club. Fans might be familiar with the fanservice skinship between the Shinhwa members, however is Minwoo finally show his true nature as the group has only established their own company? A witness said that Minwoo and his ‘friend’ were seen hugging each other when they came out from the club…’ Minwoo could not continue to read the horrible news.

            “The hell? It's all Eric's fault. He was the one who stood me up. Aishh.. I don’t want to wake up.” He turned to the other side and decided to continue his sleep.