Chapter 18

Another Life

Enough is enough.

            His phone ringtone broke the emptiness of his home. Dongwan picked it up and a small smile formed when he read the caller’s name.

“Yah, what’s up? You wanna get lunch? I already ate. Why do you eat so late it’s not good for your stomach.”

“…”

“No, I don’t have anything important to do.. what do you mean empty my schedule?”

“…”

“I guess if you say so. I’ll meet you there. What you already send a cab? Hello-” The caller hung up. “This person really..”

………..

Dongwan took a seat in front of the person he promised earlier, who was already half-way through his meal. Minwoo welcomed him with a cheeky smile.

            “Wanna order anything?”

            “It’s ok. I’m already full.  Minwoo-yah, next time make sure you eat..” Minwoo still ordered him a glass of orange juice in the middle of his nagging.

            “So, what are we doing today?” Dongwan was curious as Minwoo asked him to empty all his schedule for the day. Were they going to do something for all day long?

            “Let’s watch a movie^^ I’ve been so busy lately finally get a day off today.”

            “Shouldn’t you rest at home then?”

            “Nah, I want to spend my time with you, Wan-ah,” Minwoo said in a cute manner, it tugs at Dongwan’s heart.

            “What do you want to watch?”

            “I don’t know.” Minwoo scarfed down the rest of his meal.

……..

There were not much choices available at the cinema currently, they settled down with a rom-com movie. Dongwan enjoys rom-com, however it was a peculiar choice for two guys who were going out together.

            It was a nice movie, not too sappy and the humour aspect was gratifying. Dongwan noticed that everytime the funny parts came, Minwoo would touch his arm and they would look at each other while laughing hysterically. Minwoo’s face stretched with the laughter, but the man still looked amazingly handsome. Dongwan thought he will missed that face a lot.

            The movie ended and they were leaving the dark confinement of the theatre. Dongwan was slowly falling behind so Minwoo glanced inquiringly at him.

            “Is it okay for you to be seen with me? What will your fans be thinking?” Dongwan looked uneasy.

            “Aishh don’t worry, Wan-ah.. I’m going out with my best friend, what’s wrong with that?”

Best friend.

            “I don’t care about it so you shouldn’t too, okay?” Minwoo pulled Dongwan’s hand because the worker in the cinema was going to close the door. Dongwan gave his hand a squeeze as they hurried faster.

            They heard some running steps towards them in the mall hallway, they were Minwoo’s fangirls. The fangirls cannot contained their excitement as they squealed at Minwoo while the star smiled politely at them. A girl asked to take a pic of them together and she urgently passed her phone camera to Dongwan without looking at him. Minwoo looked at Dongwan apologetically but Dongwan signalled that he was fine.

            “Smile! One.. two..” While looking at the camera, the girls finally saw Dongwan and they gaped at how shockingly handsome Dongwan was. “Three.” Dongwan chuckled at how funny the pictures turned out, but he kept it a secret and gave the phone back to the owner. The girls were still shocked they forgot to check on the pictures.

            Minwoo laughed at the situation. “You girls must be shocked at how handsome my friend is right? Sorry for that.”

            One of the girls stuttered, “Isn’t he was the one that.. with you.. that..” Other girls whispered audibly behind her, “Yah! He’s so handsome..” “He’s more handsome than the picture..” Dongwan laughed nervously and looked alarmingly at Minwoo.

            “Bye girls, we need to go now.” Minwoo grabbed Dongwan’s hand (again) and quickly make a run from the scene.

……..

            They stopped running when they reached at a greenery park nearby. “I’ve told you, your fans are going to get flustered if they see me with you,” Dongwan talked between his gasps for air.

            “So what? You heard what they said? ‘OMG you are soo HANDSOOOME, Dongwan-aaah~” Minwoo replied playfully and laughed as he thought about the scene earlier. Dongwan laughed too. He knew the fact so well that denying it is a waste of effort.

            They found a nearest bench and sat. “Which made me thinking: If you are already so handsome, what will happen if you dress up?” Minwoo look at Dongwan from head to toe. “You’ll look amazing.”

            Dongwan snorted, “What are you saying? You saw me dressed up the night when we go to your company party.”

            “Yeah, you did look handsome then, but you didn’t put much effort back then right? I really wanna see you dressed up, differently..”

            Dongwan looked around the park. It was a nice weather, suitable to be outside breathing the fresh air, and Dongwan was enjoying the relaxing park. There was plenty of people there, everyone was minding their own business like couples strolling by, little kids playing football, and eating ice-cream.

            “You want ice-cream? My treat,” Minwoo woke him from his trance.

            “Nah, I’m fine. Thank you.”

            “What do you wanna do then?”

            “I don’t know. YOU brought me here.”

Something caught Dongwan’s attention.

            “Wow! Look at that. They have two-seats-bicycle here? Amazing,” Dongwan commented. His eyes sparkled when a couple rode the amusing vehicle past them. “I wonder how they keep their balance. That looks hard.”

            Minwoo got up. “Come, let’s go.”

            “Go where?”

            “You said you’re curious so we must try that thing.”

            They ended up riding the two-seats-bicycle which they rented from a worker nearby, not after Dongwan’s protesting and finally gave in to Minwoo’s cute pleading. Minwoo can get hella cute when he wanted too and it was hard to say no.

            The ride was not as hard as it looked, at least after they were able to synchronized their paddling like 10 minutes on it. Minwoo was taking a good lead at the front seat, but he occasionally made Dongwan screamed when he turned his head around and the bicycle wobbled. Their shouting to each other made everyone around them turned their head with weird expressions. Dongwan could not blame them, who would not be amused to find two guys rode on the two-seats-bicycle in a park full of couples (and one of them is a celebrity???)? However, he could care less as Minwoo did not look bothered by it at all. In fact, Dongwan was glad they did this. It was really thrilling and fun. All good things don’t last forever, right?

            They were still laughing even after they returned the bicycle and were walking towards Minwoo’s car.

            Dongwan closed the door of the car and said, “Thank you, Minwoo-yah. Today was really fun. I’m glad going out with you.”

            “Don’t mention it. By the way, there are some other places I want to bring you to so..”

            Dongwan was surprised, “What? I thought we are going back? It’s getting dark.”

            “The places I wanted to show you are the places that I will only go to when it is dark.” Minwoo drove off and saved the details for later from noisily-curious Dongwan.