Chapter 19

Another Life

“And… we are here.”

            They were currently in the sub-urb area which housing a variety of small-owned-business in classic buildings along the street. The sunset painted the cobblestone street with sweet beautiful orange glow, producing a picturesque scene with a hint of nostalgic feeling eventhough Dongwan had never been there before. Minwoo excitedly walked in front of him with a bright smile, matching the ambience of the scenery beautifully, Dongwan regretted he did not bring his DSLR camera to capture the precious moment but.. he was glad he didn’t.

            “Wow, this is really beautiful..” Dongwan was still mesmerized. “What are we doing here?”

            Minwoo showed the way into one of the building. It was a seamstress shop. The decoration gave the impression that the owner tried to keep the pace with modern trends, but retained the proud legacy behind its history. Minwoo greeted the shop-owner and went to the back with her while Dongwan was lost between the closely organized racks while his curious hands inspecting the dainty laces and glittering buttons that scattered around him. Dongwan did not realized when Minwoo came back with a bundle of clothes.

            “What are those?”

            “Did I tell you I also love designing clothes? Sometimes I design the members’ clothes for our concerts too. But I can’t sew so I send my design here. What do you think?”

            “You are really talented! Look at these, they look really nice,” Dongwan appreciated the details on the clothes. Minwoo smiled widely at Dongwan’s compliment.

            “Wanna try some?” Minwoo suggested and passed a sharply-styled shirt to Dongwan. Fortunately the two small men had the same built, though not really as Dongwan was a little bit more muscular on the chest, but Minwoo did not think that was a problem.

            Dongwan was going to politely turn down the offer but Minwoo eagerly pushed him into the dressing room and forced Dongwan to try some of his clothes. Dongwan wore a pair of slick white suit with tiny beads aesthetically lined all over the jacket which made it looked super extravagant. He thought where would people ever wear those but as he reminded who Minwoo exactly was, he did not questioning it. When Dongwan finally stepped out with Minwoo’s design, Minwoo fawned at how dashing Dongwan looked.

            “As expected of Kim Dongwan, you look fabulous! Like a star! You should wear clothes like this more often. You always wear boring shirts.. I think I should help with your wardrobe~” Minwoo said as he admiring Dongwan’s overall style. He secretly felt regret at the fact that Dongwan was wasting his handsome features with everyday careless choices of attire.

            Dongwan looked into the long mirror at himself, only more attractive than usual. It had been a long time since he looked like that, specifically since he stop going around messing up with people. Suddenly he hated the long mirror as it reminded him of the hateful past, or he just simply hated himself.

            As he stared gloomily into the mirror, Minwoo softly put his hand on Dongwan’s shoulder and said, “You look like you perfectly belong with us..” That was when his heart dropped to the ground. Dongwan began to take off the clothes.

            Minwoo noticed the changes of mood. “What happened?”

            “Nothing.” Dongwan tried to hide his pain behind a smile. “I’m just tired. We did so much today.”

            “Dongwan-ah, I want you to have this.” Minwoo handed him a red velvety suit jacket. The jacket was beautifully adorned with shining large black diamonds strategically styled on the shoulders, with smaller glittering white crystals scattered around it. It was captivating.

            “We wore this in our last concert. I broke one of the diamond but it’s all mended now. Here.”

Do you must make this harder?

            “I can’t take this. This is too much.” Dongwan refused.

            “I insist!” Minwoo cheekily shoved the bag that contained the jacket into Dongwan’s hand and he quickly thanked the shop owner before pushing Dongwan out of the door.

……..

            It was night when Minwoo drove to the border of the city and pulled over by the main bridge highway. Dongwan knew the place but he wondered why Minwoo brought him there. They walked for some distance until they encountered a river under the bridge. It was a recreational area but at time like that there was scarcely any people around. Only two or three people with their dogs passed by them. The two men walked in silence, just enjoying the cool night breeze and calming view before they came upon Minwoo’s favourite bench.

            "You’ve ever came here?” Minwoo asked as they sat.

            “Only once.. maybe twice.” Dongwan answered dully as his gazed far across the river. The glister form the river was reflected in his beautiful eyes.

            “This place is my favourite. I always come here when I want to find inspiration.. or just get away from those noisy kids. Isn’t here peaceful..” He took a deep breath and let it go with satisfaction.

Dongwan only nodded and they fell into silence again. The innocent silence was torturing Dongwan. All day he had been waiting the right moment to say something but his heart kept wanting another minute for the companionship of that particular person.

 

 

p/s: nevermine ive split this haha