Chapter 4

Another Life

            Andy visited him at the company that evening, saying he missed him and he had nothing better to do anyway. Minwoo suspected that the maknae was worried about him because of what went viral yesterday, but his expectation evaporated when Andy laughed at him until his eyes teared up and he was literally rolling on the floor. “Is what happened to your pitiful hyung really funny to you?” Minwoo had to knock his head to make the maknae calm down. Later that evening, Andy invited him to go for a coffee at his favourite café. Since it was his cute maknae’s treat, of course he never said no.

            The coffee time was pleasantly fine. Minwoo believed that what happened yesterday was not a big deal since no one said anything to him. However, on their way back into the company’s building, they were stopped by two strangers. One was a man with camera hang from his neck and another was a lady holding a box thing like a voice recorder. The lady started talking, “Excuse me, I’m a reporter from K-Ent. May I asked your explanation in light of your recent scandal?” The recorder was shoved in front of Minwoo’s face while her partner already clicked his camera a few times. Minwoo could sense Andy became tensed besides him because the younger man was gripping on his sleeve, but he just waited Minwoo to act first. On the other hand, Minwoo thought this might be the chance to set things right, although he knew nothing was actually wrong.

            “Yes, may I help you?” Minwoo controlled his cool. “Who is the man in the picture?” “I just met him at the club and we became friends. He was a good person.” “So you just met him the first time and instantly kissing each other?” “Excuse me, we don’t. And what’s wrong with kissing people? The kiss was purely affection and it was not like we kissed each other on the lips.” “So you’re saying you often kiss people randomly in the club? Do other members have the habit to behave improperly like this in public too?” “What rubbish are you saying! Anyone could be acting weird if they drunk!” The nasty lady reporter speak on her recorder, “Lee Minwoo-ssi justified his act because he had the habit to be drunk.” From afar, they could spot another two reporters were running towards them, so Andy pulled his hyung into the safe area inside the building.

            “Hyung... you only make it worse.”

…………………………………….

Dururu dururu… “Hello?”

            “Kim Dong Wan-ssi?”

            “Yes, speaking. Who’s there?”

            “This is Lee Minwoo.”

            “Yah Minwoo! You said to drop the formality right hahaha. How are you doing?”

            After the incident with the nasty reporters, Minwoo did not dare to come out from his house for a week. He became more worried because he could not contacted Dongwan to check out his wellbeing. He was afraid that he took the wrong number and they could never meet again. He was also afraid Dongwan might not want to meet him again because of their scandal. Fortunately, the news on him was not that interesting. In addition, it was reported by the site that were proven their untrustworthiness.

            “I’m fine. How are you? There was no weird people chasing you around, right? And why it’s hard to contact you?”

            “Really? I’m sorry. I was working on my project in the rural area, and I rarely on my phone when working. Why would anyone chasing me? But it was weird when some people in the city looked at me like they knew me. Why?”

“Nothing.” Minwoo was relieved at Dongwan obliviousness.

“Why you called?”

            Besides asking how Dongwan was doing, Minwoo had another important things he want to ask the new friend. “Our group company will doing an opening party the day after tomorrow. I hope you could come. I’ll get you at your house so please text me your address.”

 

 

 

p/s: i DONT CARE ANYMORE HAHA