Chapter 11

Another Life

                Hyesung brought Dongwan into the room and watched the man taking in his surrounding. There was no one in the room, in fact not many people in the building when they came in, most probably still enjoying their lunch hour.

“This is the recording studio. You never been in one did you?” Hyesung was happy he could show Dongwan his favourite sanctuary.

                Dongwan looked around the room thoughtfully. “I have been in one before, long ago…” He resisted his curiosity to touch everything in the room to not seem rude. “It’s amazing to see the technology so advance nowadays.”

Hyesung was surprised, “When?”

Somehow Dongwan told Hyesung the same story he told Minwoo. One more person to be responsible on his story.

                “Hmm.. that was unfortunate.” The statement followed by silence. Both were lost in their thought; Dongwan questioning himself why the hell he freely exposing his past again, while Hyesung weighing Dongwan’s story thoughtfully.

Hyesung looked at him, “Why didn’t you join us back then? Being a SHINHWA.” Back then… the name was not founded yet.

“I’ve watched you dance. I.. could not dance.”

“Just that? I’m the worst. But with hard work anyone could do anything.”

“I’m selfish. I don’t think I’ll fit in.”

Hyesung sighed, “We all have our own selfishness, Dongwan, but we learned to be together.”

                Dongwan wondered why he even bother to give excuses. The fact he did not want to be an idol.. is it important? He wanted to lashed out I’M NOT DOING THIS; instead he crossed his arms and pouted.

                Hyesung break the silence, “I don’t think you are selfish, Dongwan-ah.”

“How would you know?” If you knew the real me you would not dare.

“How would I know?” Hyesung easy laugh lightened up the air. “I don’t know. I just like the good feeling from you haha..”

                Dongwan joined the laugh. Actually, he laughed at Hyesung’s simple mind. You should not trust people that easy dear.

                “Why are we talking about this.. Hyesung, how are the others doing?” Dongwan changed the direction.

                Hyesung took this chance to rattle everything about the members. Eric and his slippery manners. Minwoo and his enviable social circle. Junjin and his ganging up with Eric. Andy and his cute rebellious side. Although he complained a lot about the members, Dongwan recognised the amiable affection the teller got in his eyes. He felt envy and admiration at the same time to their closeness.

“No offence, I just want you to know.. sometimes you guys scare me.” Dongwan commented.

“Why?”

“The way you behave with each other.. especially Minwoo. Not to mention Eric-ssi kissed me the first time we met.”

Hyesung laughed until his stomach hurt. “Yah! YOU and Minwoo kissed at the club even though you did not know each other, anything to say about that?”

“We are not! Even if so, we were drunk,” defended the man with reddening ears.

                Hyesung tried to calm his laughter and said, “Really? Don’t worry, Dongwan-ah. We are not that kind of people, I assure you. They have been like that since forever. Long ago we did that to embarrass each other, that was fun! Somehow now it doesn’t work anymore.”

                Hyesung rolled his eyes when he saw Dongwan’s sceptical face.

“Yah! I’m telling you the truth! And don’t worry about Minwoo, he is the worst. He treat anyone he liked like his girlfriend. He must like you a lot...”

Wait? Is that jealousy I saw?

                “Why no one is here yet? They’re supposed to have a recording today. Those kids..” Hyesung mumbled in irritation while typing something on his phone. Dongwan eyes wondered around the room. He really wanted to see the counter closer, it was full of buttons and switches.

                “Say Dongwan, do you ever regret your decision that time?” Hyesung was bold to ask that question. The singer’s eyes were currently studying him carefully.

                Dongwan was sure he did not want to answer that but after a moment of thought, he looked at his hand and said, “Everything happened for a reason. There is no use to think about the past, isn’t it?”

Hyesung nodded in understanding.

                “Hyesung, I need to go now.” Hyesung looked at him with alerted face.

“Eeh why? Minwoo is not here yet.”

“Sorry, I just remember I got things to do. Tell Minwoo I said hi,” Dongwan smiled sweetly. He almost got to his feet when Hyesung grabbed his hand to make him stay.

                Dongwan flinched when Hyesung approached him – dangerously close. To his surprise, the pretty singer rested his hands softly on both side of his face. Hyesung levelled their eyes together and they stared at each other for quite a while. Dongwan felt his cheeks were burning inside the warm hands.

“Whaaat.. are you doing?” Dongwan wanted to look away from pretty eyes out of embarrassment, but somehow he did not dare.

                Hyesung took his time appreciating the close look of the other person face before answering, “I’m glad, Dongwan. I’m glad I could meet you again. All this time I was wondering about the little boy... I’m glad that you grew up well.”

                Dongwan saw sincerity in those moist eyes with every word he spoke. He felt his heart became lighter after hearing those words, the burden he carried evaporated a little with the gentleness from the stranger. For a second, he was confused, this was so unreal it could not be really happening, this person did not knew what he was talking about, he did not even know half of what he had been through. However, the feeling he felt right now – feeling of existence, or by smallest comparison to love – he wished it was real even if it was just for..

Then he was back to reality.

                Dongwan carefully placed Hyesung’s hand down and stood up. “Thank you, Hyesung. Sorry, I really need to go now.” Dongwan made his way to the door before looking back at the stunned man on the chair. Hyesung remembered that endearing smile of the little boy. “See you again, Hyesung-ah.”

                Dongwan halted his step after exiting the building. His heart was still fluttering. Damn Hyesung, you need to be responsible for this. How can I ever leave you guys now? He cannot held in his flowering smile and everyone on the street turned their head twice when the georgeous man walked past them.

…………………..

                Junjin came in and saw the pretty singer was hiding his face in distress.

“Yah! Why you come so late?!” Hyesung scolded the clueless newcomer.

“Why are you acting like that?”

Hyesung jumped out from his seat and clinging on Junjin cutely. “Waaa!!! What have I done.. That was so embarrassing...”

 

 

p/s: just leave this here before...

i really like wansung. like really really like them^^ understand?