Chapter 5

Another Life

            “MINWOO-SHII!!” he heard his name being commanded as soon as he step out from the car. Dongwan was handsomely dressed in classic dark suit while his hand was on his hip, and another was pointing his phone towards Minwoo. “What is the meaning of this??” “Ah.. you knew,” Minwoo was awkwardly abashed.

            “Oh my god..” Dongwan rested his forehead on his knuckle in frustration. Minwoo cleared his throat, “Are you angry? Sorry, it was a mistake.”

            Minwoo was taken aback when he heard Dongwan laughed. “This is hilarious. I’ve been wondering why my friends laughed at me until they sent me the link LOL.”

            Minwoo felt guilty. “So you are not going to come with me?” “I’m already dressed up. Not going is not an option. Besides, there would be first-class food right?” Dongwan answered nonchalantly and made his own way into Minwoo’s car.

………………….

            Both sharply suited men walked into the grandly adorned hall and everyone near turned their head to the two latecomers. Oohs, aahs and whispers could be heard around as people began to recognize the person standing beside Minwoo. Minwoo suddenly felt hotness crept on his cheek but he maintained his charisma and smiled politely to everyone. He was worried on how Dongwan took the situation; was he regret coming? It was his fault not informing Dongwan about their current circumstances of the unfortunate event. Looking at Dongwan’s face, the man was done with the staring eyes.

            Dongwan put his arm across the host’s shoulder, “Where should we go, Minwoo-shi?” Minwoo was surprised, “What are you thinking..” “Let’s play along with what they think. Their expression was hilarious.” Minwoo almost laughed to Dongwan’s suggestion. He never thought this new friend would be so daring. He felt challenged and slid a hand across Dongwan’s waist. Funnily, their hand rest comfortably on each other as their height were compatibly short together. Minwoo led his friend through the elegantly dressed guests, across the other end of the hall, to where were gathering, all the while ignoring the gazes of the people.

            “Whoops.. See who’s coming.” Everyone turned their head and their eyes popped out when seeing those two beings approaching them. “Are you serious?! You gonna be dead if Eric sees you.” “Relax Hyesung. I want to show you guys my new friend.” “Sure, ‘friend’,” the third person spoke sarcastically. Minwoo ignored him and happily introducing his guest, “This is Kim Dongwan. Dongwan, that’s Andy,” he pointed at the person who first noticed they came earlier. “Junjin.” The person was standing tall and watched Dongwan weirdly. “Hyesung.” The moment his eyes landed on the last person, Dongwan felt something clicked in his brain. The person named Hyesung also looked at him with a same confused look; everyone would thought they were having a silent-dumb-face-staring contest.

            Junjin snapped his fingers between their faces, “Heck. Are you two hooking up?” Dongwan startled from his déjà vu. Andy’s face was suppressing laughter, “Minwoo-hyung, I thought you were kidding when you said you are going to bring someone. But this joke is on another new level. Congratulations!” Andy gave Minwoo a thumb up; he thought the situation was getting messier with this stupid hyung.

            Minwoo looked around, “Where’s Eric?” Junjin answered with a disagreeable face, “Hyung, do you realized you came late? The opening speech is already over. Eric is over there with the important guests.” “, I should go see him. Let’s talk more later. Dongwan, please enjoy the foods.” With a friendly tap on Dongwan’s back, Minwoo left them. Not saying anything to the new acquaintances, Dongwan silently shuffled away too.

Junjin shook his head. “Don’t you think that guy is weird? Hyesung-hyung, why are you so quiet?”

…………………….

            Some moments later, Minwoo found Dongwan was sitting alone at a round table by the wall. No food was seen on the table, only a glass of wine. “I thought you like eating? What are you doing alone here?” Minwoo noticed the pale look on the other’s face. “Hey, are you ok?” Dongwan looked at Minwoo and gulped. “I need.. to tell you something.” Minwoo took a seat beside him.

“What is it?”

“It’s him. I’ve met him before.”

“Who?”

“Hyesung. He was there during my audition for the idol group.”

            Someone sat noisily at the other side of Dongwan and said, “That is bull.” When Dongwan turned to look at the statue-like face, he almost chocked. Seeing Dongwan’s reaction, Minwoo immediately patted Dongwan’s back. “Slow down, Dongwan. Shut up Eric and listen.”

            Before Dongwan get the chance to speak again, someone tapped shyly on his shoulder. It was Hyesung, who has the same doll-like face that he remembered saw more than a decade ago. Hyesung hesitated, “You. You are the boy with the big pink teddy bear back then. Am I mistaken?”

Minwoo and Eric looked at each other not comprehending the hell that was happening right there. Dongwan felt his head stung in pain.

 

________________________________________________________

p/s: this story is getting weird