Chapter 7

Another Life

            Dongwan wanted to go home because of his headache but Minwoo ushered him into a resting room and insisted Dongwan to rest there. If he had known Minwoo better, Dongwan would never believe the man would practically begged him to wait for him until the event finished. Minwoo went as far to bring him some food from the buffet to the resting room, thus, Dongwan stayed.

            Later, Minwoo told him that the members were going to the after-work party and asked Dongwan to join them. Since he felt better and knew what they actually want to know, Dongwan agreed to come. Let’s finish all of this quickly, he thought. They were exiting the hall when a group of reporters eagerly flashing their camera and ask inaudible questions, which they all knew what it was about; Minwoo and his mysterious ‘boyfriend’. The news of Dongwan’s attendance to the party easily got to their knowledge.

            The situation was confusing to both of them and honestly Minwoo thought the media had finished with the nonsense story already. While Dongwan and Minwoo were stunned in front of the crowd, Eric came with indifferent manner and stood close beside Dongwan. Dongwan thought Eric was going to speak something to him, instead the handsome man kissed his cheek. Dongwan was shocked. Everyone was petrified with Eric’s bold move and the situation silenced with awkwardness in the air.

            Eric broke the silence, “Sorry for the misunderstanding. Actually this person was Minwoo’s high school friend and all of us have been friends since a long time. Minwoo just want to play a joke with you guys but we never thought this would be out of control. I’m sorry for our unprofessionalism and for any inconvenience. ” And with that, all was settled.

………………………

            “Why are we bringing this person again?” Eric was annoyed.

            “Yah! It was you earlier who want to know how the hell we knew each other. Now you want to chase him away like that?” Hyesung scolded him.

            “Yes hyung, at least buy him a drink,” Andy interrupted. There were only the members and Dongwan in the rented club room, where Dongwan and Hyesung shared the story of their uncanny meeting in the past. Unknown to them, actually Dongwan has met Eric before too, the reason he was overwhelm when seeing Eric at the party earlier. However, he could not reveal it to them the least they would thought he was crazy with his absurd story.

            Minwoo laughed, “You guys remember back then when Hyesung used to went on and on about the new member that supposed to join us but never came? We thought he was delusional about the boy like he was a ghost. We always about that! Haha…”

            Andy added, “And then Junjin came and we thought Hyesung was talking about him. But Junjin never like what Hyesung described to us; the boy was small and delicate with eyes shining like a star. You remember that? HAHAHA” Andy needed to hold Minwoo to control his laughter.

            “Of course. I thought I was special with the attention when I came in but then I heard about the imaginary boy. Really Hyesung-hyung.. he was really obsessed about you. I’m hurt,” Junjin sulked. Minwoo and Andy laughed out loudly while hugging each other.

            “YAH!! Stop embarrassing me!” Hyesung was blushing so hard while Eric was gripping his glass with annoyance.

            Minwoo did not finished yet and held out his hand like a reporter, “So Hyesung-shi, how is your feeling when you finally could prove yourself about your imaginary boy after 14 years?” Hyesung was going to smacked Minwoo for his teasing but the victim manage to dodge while everyone was laughing maniacally. Eric grunted in frustration.

            “Hey this is after-work party. Why are we talking about this boring stuff? Let’s play game!” the leader commanded. Junjin supported him and suggested the drinking game. Dongwan refused to play at first, saying he did not drink. However, after a few rounds and some convincing from the members, Dongwan did not had any choice. It was three in the morning when everyone passed out in various weird positions, but Junjin and Dongwan was still awake. Actually, Junjin was swaying so badly.

            “You.. said you.. did.. not dwink *hics*” Junjin slurred.

            “I said I did not, not that I couldn’t drink,” Dongwan was sober. He only drink a small amount when it was his turn. “How are you guys going to go home?”

            “The manawger.. must.. call,” Junjin finally fainted.

            With a heavy sigh, Dongwan took Junjin’s cellphone. Their manager came with a sleepy face half an hour later. The manager nagged about how the members should behave while Dongwan helped him to transfer the wasted men one by one into the van. The manager thanked him but before he jumped into the van, Dongwan shoved some packets into the manager’s hand.

            “Here are some herbs tea for the guys to relieve the hangover tomorrow,” the packets was brought out from his trusted bag that he brought everywhere he went. It was like a magic bag that he loaded with everything he thought he might needed.

He watched the van drove off. Dongwan waved for a taxi and went home by his own.

 

 

p/s: It's 3am and i know my writing is bad dont judge me. omg i make the story become more complicated than i intended to do. whyyyy

there might be many part that are confusing so just ask me questions i'll try to answer it logically. thanks and niteee~