SIX

Wildest Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SIX

 

“Yunho likes you.”

“And did he tell you that?” I continue to stir the pan like my heart not just skips a beat.

“No.”

Sooyoung is currently chopping the vegetables. Truthfully, I’m quite worried to leave her with a knife. But she insisted that it will be fine. So, I told her to chop the vegies on the dinning table, approximately ten feet away from my position and there’s a kitchen counter between us. Safety matters, you know. “Did he ask about me?”

She gives me a head shake, a frown marred her forehead. “No.”

“Then you’re just assuming on yourself.”

“But yesterday he took care of you. I saw him sneaking inside your bedroom, leaving the door open.”

“For this.” I show her my left elbow. “And probably because he felt that he owed me for taking care of him when he was in fever.” She huffs in frustration and I truly feel sorry for the carrot on the cutting board. “By the way, who eats omelette with eggplant in it?”

“Brett.”

I try to not gag and fail miserably. Maybe it can be called fair that hot, perfect from the outside Brett has flaw like weird eggplant . “Your boyfriend is peculiar.”

“Says you who like to eat chocolate muffin with peppered salt.” She throws back.

“Salty compliment sweet taste. I read that somewhere. And I just add a sprinkle not a handful.” The stir fry is almost ready. “What time they will be here?”

“Soon.”

After putting aside the chopping board, she makes the concoction of eggs, canned corned beef and veggies, including the chopped eggplant. She sprinkles salt and pepper before mixing it with a mixer. Hold on a sec – “Are you making anomelette or a cake? Use your hand Soo, or else the batter will turn out weird.”

She turns off the mixer immediately. “Why didn’t you tell me?” With a pout, she stomps toward me, the bowl of concoction in her hands. “I want Brett to love my cooking.”

I laugh in spite of her sullen mood. Someone knocks at the door, and I tell Sooyoung to get it while I deal with her failedomelette batter. At least not all of the chopped veggies are destroyed. Fifteen minutes later, Sooyoungslices the rolled omelette into pieces very carefully it so funny to look at her. I patiently wait beside her on the kitchen.

Brett, Yunho and the three other boys are sitting on the dining table. This time, they brought three bottles of white wines which by the look of it are very expensive. We use cups instead of wine glasses because we don’t have it. My stir fry, chicken soup and fry dumpling have been waiting on the table.

“Baby, come on. We’re hungry.” Brett whines.

Soo doesn’t even lift her head up. “Shut up. Perfection takes time.”

“I won’t even care about how it looks.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter