FIVE

Wildest Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FIVE

 

My life is back to normal again for another two weeks. No news or sign from Yunho. Given the way Sooyoung always out at night, it means that he has recovered. Not that I’m sitting in my bed every night worrying about him. I’m busy with final exam and then planning holiday thanksgiving which will come in few days. Mom will insist me to come home early and I don’t really like to be going home because Mom’s boyfriend will be there like a leech he actually is, asking me to supply alcohol in our fridge. Not a really fancy holiday like what I always wanted.

Our small family collapsed when my dad passed away five years ago. Dad was the only one working and it was hard for mom to find work quickly. I ended up with two part-time jobs when I was in high school. Thankfully, I was accepted in State University with full ride scholarship. All cost is covered including pocket money every month. Mom admitted to me that she was lonely. She asked me whether I was okay if she married again. I didn’t blame her for wanting the security only man can provide especially giving that her whole life, she never worked for living.

Sadly, my permission isn’t enough guarantees to land her in good man’s arms. She dated a lot ofmen without promising future. They came and went every month until I felt uncomfortable to live in my own home. I went to college feeling mad at mom because she didn’t give a whit about the house dad has left for us. And my feeling hasn’t changed even until now. My mom is no longer there. She was buried somewhere out there when dad left us. Hence, my reluctance to go home when holiday arrives.It doesn’t feel like home anymore.

“Yuri?!”

Startled, I lose my footing on the wet porcelain. My hands are flailing in the air, trying to grab onto something. Gravity defeats me. Oh dear, it’s going to hurt like motherchucker. I land on my with a loud slap, followed closely by groan of pain. Forget about killing Sooyoung, I’d tortured her until she begs me to end her life.

“Oh my god!What happened?!”Sooyoung is now banging on the closed door with her fists. “Are you okay Yuri? Open the goddamned door!”

“I am !” I yell through the shower curtain, trying to remember whether or not I locked the door before. I guess I did because when she tried to open it, it won’t budge.

“Move aside.”

Oh no! I recognize that voice very well. “Don’t you ing dare! You open that door and your fate is sealed! I’m going to poison all of you!”

“Are you hurt?” He says calmly.

“Call ambulance! My is going to need a surgery! And Sooyoung, you’re going to pay the bill!”Brett laughs his stupid off without minding my shattered ego. “I mean it!”

“Open the door Yuri.”

I glare at the door as if it offends me somehow. “I think I just broke my spine. I can’t stand up!”Sooyoung whines something and I hear Brett reassures her that I’m still alive inside the bathroom.

“Are you decent? I warn you that I’m goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter