SIXTEEN

Wildest Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SIXTEEN

 

The mansion is cramped. People loiter around in the great hall, drinking, laughing, and mostly gossiping. There are still many others in the backyard where there is a big pool and small stage in the middle of the patio for the band to perform. I,as sure as hell, haven’t prepared myself for this. Sooyoung and I share a brief panic look which means we are truly in deep . My two hundred dollars dress looks like a rag compare to the dresses these ladies wear. In short, I don’t belong here.

As I try to assemble myself back together, Yunho’s uncle continues to ramble about who is who and what they do. Pretty sure I won’t even remember what he says in the next five minutes. My attention span is worst that way when it comes to things I don’t like. And by far, this is what I dislike the most.Why oh why did I agree to come to this place.

“Oh!” The man exclaims, scaring the living hell out of me and Soo. “That’s my friend back from college. Come on, I’ll introduce you girls to him.”

Soo’s eyes widen at me as if she is trying to say. ‘Stop looking like a dumbhead and get us the hell away from this man before we embarrass our miserable asses in front of everyone.’ or something resemble to that. Sadly, our lucks seem to be as pitiful as our fates. Uncle Insuk has already dragged us halfway to his friend before I can even open my mouth. There’s no way stopping this man.

I consider stomping my feet but in these heels I will only end up hurting myself, not to mention I will look ridiculous.Uncle Insuk releases our arms when we’re two feet away from his friend. Both men hug each other like they haven’t meet in decades. The friend isn’t alone. He is with two beautiful ladies on each sides, which from the resemblances, will likely his daughters. As the pleasantries being exchanged, Soo and I stand in the back looking a lot like intruders.

“Are these two yours?” The friend finally asks when he notices me and Sooyoung. “They are lovely.”

“How I wish they were.” Uncle Insuk sighs wistfully. “Sadly, my way of life isn’t compatible for settling down.” He draws me forward with a hand on my back. “This is Yunho’s girl, Yuri, and this is their friend, Sooyoung.”

The man’s brows are drawn together when his focus settles on me. “Girlfriend? I thought his girlfriend is dead.”

I hear Sooyoung’s sharp intake of breath at the man’s rude question. Well, I barely restrain my own jaw from dropping to the floor either. What the is wrong with this man? The women, who I assumed as his daughters, have joined in giving me frowning stares. I can’t just let his get away with this. “Well that’s too bad because apparently, I’m breathing and alive.” I sass back.

A brief silence falls around me.

“Dad,” One of the daughters, the elder I presume, steps forward to shake her father’s arm demandingly. “What is going on here? I don’t understand. I thought this party is to announce my engagement to Yunho.”

Holy molly guacamole.

If I weren’t too shocked, I would punch the woman bloodily right on until her perfect front teeth scattered on the floor. Uncle Insuk asks what she meant by engagement but I can barely hear a word over the ringing in my ears. This is humiliating, truly. Yunho’s parents have set this all up and I bet they are over the moon somewhere in this place. What a manipulative vindict

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter