EIGHTEEN

Wildest Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EIGHTEEN

 

After emotionally-draining talking session with Yunho, I eat three large slices of pizza without pausing. But other than my stomach feeling like exploding, I feel exceptionally better. Especially now that I’m snuggling with Yunho on the couch as we wait for Uncle Insuk. Brett is grinning more than he usually does now that his friend is back. If it’s not for Sooyoung dragged him out of the apartment twenty minutes earlier, he would have insisted on sitting with us. But I am a selfish girl. I need Yunho’s attention focused only on me right now, hence no sharing even with the hot Australian guy.

Yunho has put on a black hoodie but I could still feel his warm skin imprinted on mine. My emotions and hormones are clearly messing with my head. If I’m not careful, this would end with me making fool of myself. I inhale deeply as my nose nuzzles against his throat. Yunho smellsof warm, clean skin but mostly he smells like home. My arms tighten around him on instinct. I never know that he would be this important for me in a short time we found each other. I’m almost afraid imagining what would happen to me if he istaken away from me.

“You can ask me more about Tiffany, you know.” He says after few minutes of silence. His hand glides over my back soothingly while his other hand playing with my hair. I absorb his touch like I’m thirsty and dying for water.

“It’s alright. I know enough, now.” He has told me all I want to know about the girl. With Tiffany gone, it would be unfair for both of them if I keep snooping on their relationship. The poor girl didn’t stand a chance. She was too young, alone and frightened. And even though I’m usually selfish, I wouldn’t dare to take away what they had. A person can have more than one love in a lifetime, right? Human hearts can take more than one love. And there is no use to compare whose love is the greatest because if you love someone, you will simply love unconditionally.

“I love you Yuri.” Yunho murmurs against my hair before gently deposit single kiss on my forehead.

I can’t resist a smile from forming on my lips. “And I you, Yunho.”

Our moment is interrupted when suddenly the front door swings open. We turn our heads as Uncle Insuk steps inside. His face is the look of a man who has just experienced a trip to hell. But upon seeing us snuggling on the couch, his expression softens with smile. He is clearly happy for us. I make a move to stand up, but he signs us to stay still.

“Good to see you back, boy.” He tips his chin at Yunho.

I glance up in time to see guilt and shame marred Yunho’s face. Impulsively,I lean up slightly to kiss his bristled jaw. He doesn’t say anything but giving me a smile. “Can I get you something Uncle?” I turn to Uncle Insuk who now has occupied the single chair.

“Coffee will be nice. And snacks, please.” He pats his belly. ”I’m starving.”

This time I stand up and head to the kitchen. The men have started talking and no matter how I pretend to not hear, I fail because clearly they talk openly. Maybe this is Yunho’s way of telling me that he trusts me. Either way, I’m glad that he’s return to his normal self. I return fifteen minutes later with a tray full of drink and food.

“Seeing how Tiffany’s only guardian is incapable of making decision, it’s all up to you now.” I hear Uncle Insuk says, “People would understand if you won’t take this investigation further. But know this, there are some parties who wouldn’t hesitate to step up in your place but of course with their hidden agenda.”

Cloud of emotions passes over Yunho’s face. He hasn’ttold me before about what he would do concerning his parents. It must have been a ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter