Chapter 2

Mystic Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was already lunch time but Seohyun was still sitting on her chair, packing her stuff away. She was supposed to meet IU in the locker room to eat together as always, but she was not in the mood to get up. There was a weird ache on her chest, though she knew that she was totally fine. The ache from her chest had nothing to do with her. She looked up and glanced at her seat mate who was still seated on her chair like her. Jennicka looked like a tangled mess. It was rumored this morning that her boyfriend just broke up with her today. Seohyun could have pitied her, if only she would stop feeding her very unpleasant emotions. Pain, betrayal, and rage were not something that you wanted to feel so early in the morning.

 

 

 

She stood up and put her backpack onto her shoulder as soon as she finished putting her things away and marched her way out of the room. She was eager to leave the place and Jennicka alone, Seohyun felt like she was invading her privacy at least not on purpose. This was not the worst situation she had encountered through the years of her anomaly, some days are just better than the others and today may not be better than yesterday - shame. She just hoped that IU was still there.

 

 

 

As soon as she stepped out of the classroom, a figure yanked her from the side and latched at her. "Gosh IU, can you stop doing that whenever you see me." Seohyun half-yelled, startled and glared at her friend who was grinning sheepishly back at her.

 

 

 

"Sorry my friend. But I was so worried about you when you didn't come on time in our meeting place, so I jog my way here to checked on you. Then I saw you walking out of the door and can't help but to hug you. Your squishy you know." IU said, nonstop waving her hands in different directions that made Seohyun dizzy. Making the throb on her chest suddenly forgotten. "What happened to you anyway?" Her friend started again when she didn't say a word, usually this was when she would countered IU and told her to stop being so petulant but she was not herself today. So many buts in one day.

 

 

 

"Nothing. Nothing happened." She managed to say and started walking down the hallway, she knew IU would follow her and she did with a creased on her forehead - suspicious and confused.

 

 

"You're hiding something from  me again, are you?"

 

 

"No, I'm not hiding anything."

 

 

"Yeah right. You always say that whenever you're hiding something Seo Joo Hyun." Her friend snorted beside her, so unlady-like. So not IU and it was a sign that her friend was cranky. Seohyun did not answer back, knowing that even though she could tell her friend about it she would not understand. Seohyun couldn't even understand it herself.

 

 

A couple of minutes more and they walked in silence. She glanced at her friend again, and now she could see her pouting her lips. Causing the guys around them to look in their direction, causing Seohyun to be fed up with emotions ranging from admiration to let's just say pure heat. She turned her head uncomfortably and shook her head. Her friend was really popular with the boys in their school, if only IU could feel this. She would be more self-aware about her charm, and maybe stopped pouting her lips in public that made the people to fantasize her.

 

 

"Stop pouting your lips." Seohyun scolded her this time after another round of unpleasant emotions passed through them in the corridors. She did not want to know that someone was feeling something ill towards her friend, even though most of them were admiration some were still.............

 

 

IU looked up her way, still mad and confused. " Why can't I pout?" Seohyun sighed. "IU look, I know that you are mad right now and I'm sorry. But there's nothing wrong really, maybe I'm just not feeling well today..." She paused, considered something then continued, " it's really nothing so stop sulking. How about we eat something outside of the campus today and breathe in some fresh air." Both of them have high grades so they earned a pass that would allow them to be able to eat lunch outside, any time they wanted to. It was school protocol probably to encourage the students to do well on school, but Seohyun and IU seldom used theirs for they mostly packed their own lunch.

 

 

IU squinted her eyes at her, this time distrusting. She knew that Seohyun was trying to make up with her and divert the topic that was still unclarified. Lately her friend had become more secretive about her problems, and she didn't like it when Seohyun was hiding something from her. " You know sometimes I can't really understand you." She just said back giving up on the topic. Seohyun won this time.

 

 

"Yeah, I can't understand myself sometimes too." Seohyun mumbled under her breath. They were already outside the school building and even though IU didn't give her an answer it seemed that her friend agreed to her suggestion. They were now heading to the gate's direction, IU leading the way. Her friend was not angry anymore, though she was still keepin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter