Chapter 3

Mystic Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A car was parked across the Wilmar Public School. Inside it two men, dressed in a school uniform was sitting leisurely while eyeing the school's entrance. "Five minutes more." Said the man in the passenger seat, who had a neatly-cut black hair and a very big pair of ears. "I wonder how humans can endure sitting on a chair while listening to a boring lesson about science and math and all that. It will not save their lives when they're in danger." He wouldn't stop grumbling.

 

The man beside him shifted a little, uncomfortable for not being able to move freely from his seat for about an hour now. "We are here to watch her Chanyeol, not to complain about what humans do with their lives." He was older than Chanyeol, though with his light-brown hair, almost feline-shaped eyes, and average male height compared to the guy beside him he was often mistaken as the younger one.

 

"This is boring Luhan." Not bothering to hide his uninterested attitude to their mission, Chanyeol picked up the phone from his pocket and started fidgeting with it. Luhan sighed, not really surprised of the other male's action. It was his first mission after all and Chanyeol was not really the good student type who would do anything to impress his adviser, or anyone. He wished that Lay could have been his partner right now, he always payed attention to the mission.

 

Not a minute longer and the school bell chimed in around them - it was lunch time. 'She will come out in a minute or so.' Luhan thought to himself, already giving up on the thought of relying this to his partner. Chanyeol was now immensely concentrating on a game he was playing on the phone. Luhan focused his attention back to the gate and checked the clock in the car - 12:15 p.m. mostly at this time she and her friend would be walking right now to eat outside or... maybe they packed their lunch again today and decided to eat inside. " I think they won't come out for lunch today. We need to wait until they are heading home."

 

That got the other male's attention. "Figures. Girls these days act like VIPs." Then he resumed again on playing. Chanyeol never met Seohyun before unlike Luhan who had been watching her for almost three years now, so he would never know that she was not like the other girls. After observing her, Luhan knew that she was a strong, independent, and unassuming girl. She was also kind but rarely showed it to others, Luhan guessed that maybe she wanted everyone to see her as a cold person. He cleared his throat. "So, are you staying here to be with your beloved phone or you will come with me to buy food for lunch?"

 

Chanyeol perked up and smiled widely for the first time since this morning. "Lunch time, my favorite subject. Guess humans are not so bad after all." Luhan shook his head and opened the car door, Chanyeol did the same. He breathed in deeply before stepping out of the car. "Just remember to keep your eyes in check. They turned yellow every time you smell something good."

 

"Geez Alpha, I know that already no need to remind me. I actually wear contacts today, so you don't need to worry about that." Chanyeol explained, looking around him eagerly trying to sniff the air to find good food. They were werewolves. Luhan scowled, with the way Chanyeol was acting right now he could sense that this would not be an easy "go grab your food and walk to the car again to do the mission" scenario. The taller and younger male had just turned 17 this year. For werewolves that was when all the hormones kick in, although the heightened senses developed when they turned 13, an age where all the supernatural's ability/abilities appeared. Chanyeol was still in training and as the Alpha of their pack, he was Luhan's responsibility right now. 

 

"Just make sure not to do anything unusual." He emphasized the 'unusual' word but the latter just pretended not to hear him. "Chanyeol!" He used the Alpha voice this time. The male flinched and looked at him in the eye - annoyed but also a little bit intimidated. Chanyeol then nodded and they started walking to the nearest steakhouse that they saw. Meat was their thing, wolves were carnivorous after all. 

 

Luhan was striding slowly trying to be as unnoticeable as possible, while Chanyeol on the other hand distracted by the scent lingering around them kept looking back and forth from his sides. The people they'd passed by started to look on their way because of Chanyeol's weird actions and their looks who were indeed unnatural for the human eyes. "We're doomed." Luhan mumbled to himself and pulled the guy beside him on a quick walk to the steakhouse. Without waiting any longer he instructed Chanyeol to take a seat while he is ordering their medium rare, large piece of steak. He waited patiently in the line and as soon as he got their order he signalled Chanyeol to follow him outside, not giving him a chance to retort back. Chanyeol followed unwillingly and soon they were sitting on the car again nibbling on their food. "So much for getting worked up over this. I thought I'm  going to have my chance exploring the whole place myself." Chanyeol whined like a little kid who didn't get what he wanted. "You know that you are not capable yet in blending in with humans," Luhan reminded him. Since he entered the Academy, Chanyeol was exploring the outside world again for the first time with his new developing abilities so everything was overwhelming for him. The scent, sight of normal people again, and even the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter