Chapter 10

Mystic Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tick tock. Seohyun stared at the sole clock placed at the center of the room above the white chalkboard. She already spent three whole days in the class, but she still not used to everything.  She didn't want to admit it, but she missed IU and her mom. She couldn't talk to them everyday because she just learned about the no cellphone rule in the campus. The only way to communicate with someone outside the Academy was through a phone in the dean's office, and it was limited. Seohyun didn't like the 34 year old dean either - Mrs. Gates a half-human, half-shapeshifter gave her the scrutiny eyes when she used the phone once to explain to her mother her situation.

 

That Monday (her first day) hadn't gone smoothly too. First of all, everyone still stared at her like she'd just grown a tail even after she wore the uniform in which Suzy complimented suited her, and the next problem was she didn't get the chance to talk to Madam Sy. Her schedule, a booklet containing the rules of the Academy, and her uniform (which weirdly fitted her perfectly) were all delivered in the dorm that Suzy wanted to call as 'their room'. The old lady seemed to be avoiding her for some reason and if she was, then Seohyun couldn't tell the director about her plan on staying for just one semester.

 

At least she didn't have a problem about her subjects.  It was just like the regular classes that she had in Wilmar except for the class that she was in right now - 7th period her 'special' class, while Seohyun thought it was the opposite. This class was based on what type of supernatural you were, and since Seohyun's a witch as she was told then she would be in the witch's special class. At first she thought that it was the answer to all of her problems in controlling her ability, as they called it. The teacher, Mrs. Cabe, was especially glad to have her a witch that didn't know a single thing about being one. But all of her dreams were crushed when Jessica told everyone that she's an emotor, and apparently emotors couldn't cast any spells. An emotor witch was very rare. So Seohyun was different again, in the human world and the supernatural.

 

Since she couldn't cast a spell her only role for now in the class was to set up her energy wall and listened carefully to the lectures that wouldn't help her at all. At least she had peace in these three days, she couldn't feel emotions anymore not with  supernaturals with walls. Suzy said that if she had set up her energy wall she could block and hide anything about her - her presence, ability, her identity, thoughts and emotions. But the most important part was the 'block'. If she could blocked anything from others, that meant she could blocked emotions. So far everything was going according to her plan. Seohyun just needed to set up her wall, if she knew how. That was her third problem. 

 

Realizing that she was daydreaming, Seohyun tried to focus again to Mrs. Cabe's lessons about anti-gravity spells. A cool thing that witches do that she already witnessed through Jessica, her seat mate and the only one that she knew in the room right now. It was a good thing that the girl was preoccupied beside her the whole time that she wasn't paying attention. If it was Suzy, then she would be busted in no time. Seohyun watched as Jessica's eyelids dropped gradually with her head in the arm chair. Figures, the girl was sleepy again and that meant ... 

 

"Miss Jung, you dare sleep in my class again!" Mrs.Cabe shouted, interrupting Jessica's dream as the girl startled back. The whole class' attention was now on them just like the past three days. "No Mrs. Cabe, just resting my eyes." Jessica replied unconcerned proving to Seohyun that this situation happened oftenly. Mrs. Cabe narrowed her eyes, not liking the response. The woman in her forties was kind to everyone including to Seohyun,  but when it came to Jessica she was strict and unforgiving. "Then why don't you explain what I just talked about in the class since you're only resting." Jessica frowned feeling helpless for not knowing how to counter the teacher, she looked at Seohyun for help.

 

Seohyun sighed feeling helpless herself and made up an excuse to help her out of this trouble, "Instead of telling us the lecture I think demonstrating it to us would be better." Jessica grinned thankfully at her and she ignored Mrs. Cabe's disapproving gaze. It looked like she just made a teacher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter