Chapter 11

Mystic Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You want me to teach you how to set up your wall?!" Suzy's choked up reply when Seohyun asked for her help over breakfast. They're enjoying some eggs and bacon in the cafeteria with Jessica just like the past few days, but with the addition of Yoona and Suho again this time. Tao weirdly joined them also, but he might as well not for after eating his food (too quickly for any human being) he placed his head down in the table and slept beside Suho.  Seohyun learned that the two were cousins, although they didn't look slightly alike and they're from different species. She also found out that Yoona was Jessica's roommate,  and Seohyun didn't get the chance to meet her before because she was in a mission like those of Luhan and Chanyeol. The observers, junior and senior students who could work outside the Academy, seemed to be mostly consisted of werewolves and vampires who were physically strong.

 

 

"You asked the wrong person." Suho chuckled after taking his time swallowing his food, "Suzy doesn't know anything about energy walls. She was born with it like us, so she didn't need to know anything about it.  Neither do us." Suzy shushed him, annoyed that what Suho said was the truth, "Yeah I'm sorry. I can't help you about this." Seohyun mentally grimaced.  After her little chat with the odd Kris yesterday, she was more determined to work on this problem of her. Now that she's working on it, she was still as helpless as before. "Yoona you're half-human. Maybe you can help her." Jessica turned to the girl beside her who was chewing her food while thinking. "Hmm... I've heard that you're a half-witch without an energy wall, but I didn't think that it was true. As for me I'm the same as the rest,  I have my energy wall since I was born. Sorry," Yoona replied sympathetically, and Seohyun did look like she needed sympathy right now.

 

 

"Strange indeed." Suho commented, then nodded to himself as if he got an idea how to fix Seohyun's messed up life. "If you want some help with your wall, you gotta talk to the werewolves. They're Madam Sy's right hand and the council seems very fond of them as their henchmen,  so they might know something about this. I know the teachers would not give you their full time to help, so forget about them. It would have been much easier if Madam Sy hadn't left again, she'd never gone for this long." Suho voiced his thoughts and pushed the sleeping Tao away from him when he snuggled closer."Yup, but since she's gone I can skip my class and sleep some more." Tao stretched his body, clearly eavesdropping and stifled a yawn. He glared at Suho for a second for pushing him then pointed at Seohyun. "If you really want someone to help you with your wall, then talk to Kris."

 

 

Jessica almost spilled out the drink in , "You got to be kidding me Tao.  Are you still asleep?" The girl looked at him dubiously while coughing a bit, even Yoona cringed to the idea along with Suho and Suzy who seemed to have had a heart attack. "Oh, come on. What's wrong with the guy? He didn't harm anybody that didn't deserve it, and besides don't you think it's time to stop the overrated gossip that he will kill you if you cross his path. I've crossed his path several times and I'm still alive." Tao said coolly, wanting to laugh at everyone's stupid expressions. The truth was, Kris was like his friend, kind of. They were days when they would even bet on who could sleep the longest. The guy was nice, though he acted like a jerk in front of everybody.  A well-known vampire's behavior.

 

"There's a reason why gossips are created, and we all know because there is a possibility that it is true. Besides he's a vampire!"    "Ehem." Yoona cleared , not liking Suzy's statement. The girl rolled her eyes, "You're a damphir Yoona,  so you're an exception." Seohyun raised her eyebrow for a moment and peered at Suzy. From the very beginning, she knew that the girl was not fond of vampires, but not to this extent. There might be a deeper reason for it. Yoona frowned, clearly hurt for a second then continued eating again. "I'll try my luck with Luhan.  I will talk to him later." Seohyun decided to break the awkward silence that fell over their table afterwards. They all nodded in response, and focused on their food.

 

 

Walking on the silent hallway to the werewolves' special class, Seohyun mentally scolded herself for being partially responsible for causing the tension between Yoona and Suzy earlier. Sure she was having a rough few days, but she didn't want to drag anyone with her. So after classes had ended, she decided to deal with her errands alone by asking Tao where could she find Luhan at this time of the day. Seohyun rarely saw him and Chanyeol after their meeting at the cafeteria on Monday, but since she knew that they were an observers (and they were the ones who observed her for three years) she considered it to be a normal thing. She also asked Tao in particular about this because she knew that he wouldn't offer his assistance to come with her. She was good when she was working alone.

 

She stopped at a big mahogany door at the end of the hall - Building C, Classroom 9. "Now what?" She whispered silently to herself and checked her back in hesitation. It was eerie and silent and there was no one in sight, not even a single school personnel who supposed to clean the classrooms everyday like in the building where her witch's class was located. It seemed that werewolves liked to keep to themselves. Maybe she shouldn't be in here. Just as Seohyun was about to retreat back, the door swung open and a man towered over her. He smiled, "Look at this Lay. Must have been our lucky day, someone decided to visit us." Sehun opened the door wider to reveal three other guys sitting at the corner of the room, and she didn't know any of them. It's too late to leave now.

 

Seohyun straightened her posture to appear unconcerned and stared at the arrogant man who was smirking at her, "I am looking for Luhan.  Do you know where he's at?" Sehun faked disappointment, or was it? Seohyun didn't have her ability to say so. She never imagined wanting to use it for anything in her li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter