EPILOGUE

Operation: Break the Casanova's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ROYAL MASQUERADE

 


"Chef Juhyun, take a break first, i'll handle this"


"Okay. I'm hungry already too"


I removed my apron and toque then went out of the kitchen. When i went out, i quickly get my phone and check if someone text me


No messages


*sigh*

 

It's been three years since Yonghwa left. We last saw each other at the seaside where we exchanged vows. I didn't send him to airport that time because i don't want to stare at his back while he's walking away from me


I admit, it was so hard for me at first. One week had just passed, but i almost went crazy because i miss him so much.. It's really so hard to be separated with your love especially if you're already used that he's always there beside you. I almost can't eat that time also not going out of my room. Everytime i went to school alone, i can't avoid to cry. There's also times i'm going to his Unit. He gave me his unit key. I'm just there, lying in his bed. And if i feel like crying, i'm hugging YongHyun while remembering all the promises he said.

Maybe it'll be more hard for me if my parents and friends aren't there. My brothers and also Mama and Appa, they're doing everything i just not to be lonely. While Shinhye, always inviting me going out to avoid emotional mode. Eventually, i already used to not have him beside me, though the miss feeling, still not gone.


A few months after Yonghwa left, We graduate already. I was crying over and over on my graduation day not because i'm not happy but i'm sad because i didn't marched together with the person I love. Right after graduation, i continue my plan to enter a Culinary school, and like what Shinhye said, i tried my best. I've join a lot of competition, won in different categories, and luckily, a Five-Star hotel got me as their pastry chef right after i graduate culinary. In this Hotel also Shinhye is working as a Receptionist/Front Office staff. Then Minho, he is already the Bar Manager of Shinhye's bar. Sometimes he flairs in different hotel and bars and they pay him big. Then Yoona, she's working at the beauty shop of her family. Her Mom is a famous Make-Up artist. And Wanhee, busy finding his Oppa. No Work. Hahahaha just kidding. He's training 3 months in Singapore then when they got back here, Hospitals here are interested to them.

Changwook and MinYoung?? They're still together until now. And whatever they do, they can't be separated. They're working together in South Korean Air Lines as Steward and Stewardess


We barely see each other because of our work. But atleast twice a month, we're still having a bonding time. 


But there's always missing....

 

.... My world is not here.

 


What happened to Yonghwa?? He seldom communicate with me. Everyday he's always sending me messages. Sometimes he send me pictures in different countries he's going. He's obvious enjoying to his work But....

 

We're expecting him 2 months ago, that he'll be home but we receive a message to him that his flight back here will be delayed for we don't know how long. After that, that was his last message to us. He's not showing to us for 2 months already and i'm scared that there's possibility something might happen to him

 

Or he already found new girl...


*sigh*


I miss you so much Yonghwa. I hope you just send me one message.


"Best!!!" I saw Shinhye walking towards me "you're having lunch now?"

"Yes. How about you?"


"Yes. Let's eat together"

We walk going to the cafeteria.. I'm looking many times at my phone. Yonghwa might text me


"Is he not yet texting you?" Shinhye asked me

"Still Not Yet. I'm really worried"

"Bes. I told you don't be negative! There are times when in cruise don't have signal"


"But.."

"Eii, change topic. I heard you will be having a new head chef. And he's handsome"

"Yeah, they said. I didn't see him yet"

"Sis, this is your chance to flirt"

"Yah! I'm loyal"

"Tshh okay you're the most loyal person now"

I look at her "but is he really handsome??"

She suddenly hit me "i thought you're loyal??"

"Ouch!! Just kidding"

After lunch break, we went back to work already. When i arrived at the kitchen, tons of orders welcomed me


"Chef Juhyun! Create this Mudpie cake order" our head chef said

"Sure chef! What plating should i do??"

"It's up to you. Make it beautiful. a VIP guest ordered that"

"Copy!"


I get the mudpie cake i prepared earlier in the fridge and started plating. Thankfully, i decided to prepare this earlier or else i'm dead. It'll took long time to create this


When i'm already contented to my Mudpie Cake, i gave it to the server to send it to the guest. After that, i also helped to prepare the desserts for the function today


Later, we were shocked when the restaurant manager in one of the fine dining of this hotel entered the kitchen.

"Excuse me, may i know who's the pastry chef who made the Mudpie cake awhile ago?"

"I-I'am Ma'am!!"

"Chef Juhyun, please come with me in the office" the manager said seriously

They gave me a worried look as i removed my apron. Even me, i'm nervous. gosh, what's the problem in my mudpie cake? Maybe the guest saw a cockroach, or rat, or a strand of hair, or nail, or dirt. But it's impossible, because i always made sure that what i'm using is all sanitize, even to myself everytime i'm in the kitchen. I always even wearing gloves.


Or it doesn't taste good? But i taste it already!! I taste it three times. Yeah, that's how much i taste. Or the VIP is allergic to ice cream?? ... Eii is he or she a babo, ordering mudpie cake but allergic to ice cream?? Doesn't he or she knows it has an ice cream?

 


"Take a sit Juhyun" i sat on the chair opposite of her table while my knees are shaking


"Chef Juhyunㅡ"

"Am i terminated already?? I'm sorry. It's not my fault! Sorry! Don't be mad at me. Don't terminate me please??"


"Huh?? Who said i will terminate you??" 


I lift my head "is that so?? Hehehehehe sorry. I'm so over acting"

 

"Eii Chef!! Infact, i want to congratulate you! Do you know that our VIP Guest like it so much because of how it made and the platting of his order?? He's really impressed and he wants you to make his cake for his Engagement party. He'll pay you big"


"R-really?? M-Me?? Are you not joking? It's really me?"

"Yeah, You are, again and again?"


"Waaaaaahhhhh" i hugged our restaurant manager "thank you Ma'am!! Thank you!! Thank you so much!!"

That afternoon, i quickly went to Yonghwa's unit and look at his recipe book there. I look at the different design of fondant cake that i can make and at last, i found a beautiful one. "Royal Masquerade" is the theme of the engagement party,so i matched it to my design. Thankfully, there's a tools here so i practice.


I really made an effort to the cake, so when i saw it successful, i smiled


I hope the VIP Guest will like it. I take a picture of it and I plan to show it to our head chef to get an advice, if it's good or should i add more.


After that, i felt tired, so i lay at Yonghwa's bed. I texted my Appa that i took late night to practice here in Yonghwa's unit, so i will be sleeping here tonight


I put my arms in my eyes and closed my eyes

 

"Babes, do you ate  already, i cooked for you"

I sat up when i heard that voice


"Yonghwa??"

*sizzling milkfish with diced tomato and a love of Yonghwa. Enjoy babes*

I sobbed again


Imagination... It's all my imagination


I remember the times Yonghwa is cooking for me. I remember his hugs, his kisses, his voice and his beautiful smile


When will i see that again?? When will i be with him again??

 

He said it's just 3 years. I'm already waiting more than 3 years. He's not yet showing to me. I badly want to see him now

I grab my phone and texted him


"Yonghwa, i'm begging. I really miss you so much. Come back to me now please?"

After i send the message, i threw my phone in this bed and hug YongHyun. I know he'll not reply me, why am i still  hoping?!

Did he really forgot me already?

 

 

After that night, i tried my best to occupy my mind. Busied myself in work. I'm also preparing myself to the cake i will be making. I don't want to be embarass to our VIP Guest, im really working hard for that. But everytime someone will praise at my work, i can't avoid to think that i hope Yonghwa is seeing this also. I hope he's there to praise me too

 


The engagement party day cam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter