Chapter 6

Silent Sacrifice

Taecyeon came by again a few days later.

We start to practice for the scene. Dad taught him how to command Harvey to stop as he chases after us. After a few attempts, Taecyeon finally got it right. We did a few more times as he wanted to make it perfect.

We took a rest at the front porch when he was satisfied. "Are you confident that you can catch Harvey?" I asked

"I think so." He replied.

"I am scared, though, I shouldn't have taken up the job."

"Don't be. You just have to ride your horse like you normally do."

"I don't think I can be as confident as you."

He pats my head and ruffled up my hair. I slipped away as usual. "It will be okay, don't worry." He said. "Help me." he gave me the script. He then starts to read his line as I check if he gets it right.

 

Finally, the day came, I was feeling a bit nervous as they made me up and wore the same outfit as Suzy. We rehearsed a few times before the filming starts.

But when the filming starts, I galloped away too early without knowing that Taecyeon was not following as I am not familiar with their acting terms. I am already far off when I realize that he is not behind me.

I turn my horse back to the set and noticed Taecyeon was galloping towards me so fast that it nearly causes our horses to collide, Luckily I pulled Harvey to the side but Beauty was still running away fast.

I heard Taecyeon shout out "I can't stop, Min help!" I quickly get closer to him and grabbed the rein, while repeatedly commanding Beauty to stop but she just refused. So I tried getting closer to make my command to her ear. She still didn't stop.

"Yah.," I called out and brought Harvey closely to Beauty as I jump behind Taecyeon's back and pulled hard on the rein before both of us were shoved off to the ground I fell flat on my back as I was grabbing him down. He was lying still on top of me.

"Taec, are you alright?" I called to him. He moved and lifted his head and glanced at me. "Why are you always making me fall for you?" He pushed himself upwards until his face is close to mine.

I held on to my breath feeling nervous as he murmured in my ears "You really love holding me, don't you?" At that moment only did I realize my hands were clutching on his waist.

I quickly loosen up my grip. "You can get up now," I said softly. "Let's just be like this for a little while." he laid his head on my shoulder. "Taec, you have to get off no," I said feeling my face flushing hot as he once again made my heart races undeniably fast again. He didn't move a bit.

I felt shy as he was resting there and I don't have the strength to push him. "Wow, your heart is beating so fast." Soon after that, there were noises coming our way as the crew was rushing towards us. "Taec...they are coming." I whispered, "Ah...killjoy." He muttered as he rolled away to the side.

Suzy was the first to reach Taecyeon side. "Oppa, are you okay? " she asked in concern. The rest of the crew ran to his side while tending to him.

"I am okay since I am saved by Mighty Mouse here." He chuckled still lying on the ground. I sat up and felt my bottom ached. Dad appeared by my side at this moment "Are you okay, Min?" he asked while holding me up. I nodded. I am really grateful that at least I have Dad.

We have a short break before we continue with the shoot. They shot us a few times as we repetitively gallop away as they had to take our shots in different angles. And not forgetting that he had to shoot with Suzy too. So he had to do it twice as much. Finally, it ended late as the sky gets dark.

Taecyeon stayed back for the night again. "Don't you have any schedule?" I asked curiously. "Nope. I have no schedule tomorrow. Why do you always asking me that? You don't like me staying here? Am I not welcomed in your house? "

"No... that's not what I meant." I shook my head as I said that. I slumped down on the couch in the living room. "Are you okay? Any broken bones?" He chuckled.

"No... I am fine, don't worry, nothing is broken." "What about you?" I asked as I am concerned that he might get hurt. "I guess so, I think my neck ached a bit but I am fine" he replied why slapping his neck. I pulled him to sit on the couch as I stand behind him to massage his neck.

"Will this makes it better?" I asked softly. "Mmmm... it's nice" After massaging for a while, he stopped me as he grabbed my hands. "It's enough. Want me to massage you back?" I shook my head. But he had already pulled me to sit down as he started to massage my back.

" How come you are so good at commanding the horses?" "I learn that from Dad when I was younger since I myself had faced a few accidents too." "Nothing major had happened, I hope?" He asked out of concern. "No." I shook my head.

"Min, it's the third time. I guess I do owe you my life" he said with a sigh. "You don't owe me anything. " I replied as I slide away from him.

"Taec, it's okay." I felt nice but still very shy at his touch as it always magically stirred up my emotion. "I better prepare dinner now," I said as I quickly stand up and trying to run from him.

"Madam, let me help you then, I am after all your slave for life." He chuckled as he got up as well and followed me to the kitchen.

I was watching him as he cuts the onions and garlic. He is very good with knives and he seems to enjoy cooking. He really was a big help and I felt as if I didn't really do much. "You love cooking?" I asked while smiling at him. "Yeah, I do. But I only know how to cook the simple dishes," he said without stopping.

We had our dinner and as usual, Dad would chat up with him while I listen to their conversation. Dad returned to his room and retired early. He seems to be tired easily nowadays. Perhaps this project had made him more of a burden. I start to worry about his health.

Taecyeon was, as usual, reading his script again while sitting on the front porch. "How long would this drama be?" I asked as I was thinking of my Dad.

"I am not sure. The previous drama lasted about 3 to 4 months." "But our shoot in this farm would be the last one. I think I will have the next shoot in the racing tracks next." He answered.

I felt sad all of a sudden since I know this might be the last time seeing him. I look up to the starry sky and kept silent. After reading his script for a while, he noticed that I am quiet.

"Are you okay, Min?" He asked while glancing at me. I nodded without speaking. He held my shoulders so that I would turn to face him.

"What? Are you sad? I shook my head. "Are you in your silent mode again?" I lean back into my chair still keeping quiet. He pulled me up immediately.

"Come! Let's go for a walk" he held my hand and led me to the field. I tried to loosen my hand but he is too strong. He wrapped me in his arm while standing still. I still tremble when he did that. "It is a nice view from here." He said taking a deep breath. "And I can definitely still smell the perfume from the cowshed. I know I will miss you too!" I look down as I felt tears are welling up my eyes. I quickly rubbed it off before he sees it.

"As I said before we can still keep in touch. And maybe I will come once in a while to ride on Beauty." He said as he hugged me. I stepped back shyly as my heart thumps even faster. I quickly turn and walk back into the house.

He caught up with me and put his arm around me. "Good Night, Timid Mouse." He greets as he pecked me on my forehead in front of my room. I entered as I whispered back. "Good Night." I lied down on my bed turning and tossing feeling sweet and bitter at the same time.