Chapter 16

Silent Sacrifice

We visited Dad at the cemetery since it was his birthday today. We were on the way to the farm now as I miss Harvey.

When we arrived at the field, I found a young girl riding on Harvey. It is Uncle Hong's granddaughter. She looks very happy as she is trotting slowly on the field with her father guiding the horse. A tear was rolling down my cheek as I felt good seeing the girl's laughter. It reminds me of the good times I had when I was younger.

We start riding in the field as Taecyeon rides on Beauty and I choose Cappuccino instead. "Are you disappointed not riding on Harvey?"

"No... It feels good to see her happy." I said with a smile.

"You know what? I think I remember I had my first kiss before." I giggled as I replied.

"Not with your Mom or Dad right?" I shook my head.

"It's Harvey." I giggled again.

"No way...wait... did you kiss him....when I tried to kiss you for the first time?"

"No!" I shouted. He laughed at my expression. "Wow! This is the first time I hear you loud enough." I laughed out as well.

"Want to race?" He asked. We then start galloping away. In the end, I won again. "Ah... I could never beat you."

I went to Dad's room, tidying all his belongings. I have to organize the things to keep, to give away and to throw out. It is really time to let go of the farm. As I have finished up. I know it's finally time to leave. I was sobbing already. Taecyeon who had already got used to my silent mode came to wrapped me tightly in his arms as I cried on.

"Goodbye, farm. Goodbye Harvey, my ex-boyfriend." I whispered as we walk across the field to Taecyeon's car. "Did I just hear you calling Harvey your ex-boyfriend?" I laughed and then stuck out my tongue.

"Can we stop by my secret hiding place for a while."

We were sitting on the rock there while snuggling with each other as I lean on his chest. I have got used to being close to him by now.

"Why are you doing this? You don't want to come back here?" He asked trying to figure out what is on my mind.

"Have to move on. I can't hang on too long here." I said I turn to face him. "Thanks, Taec. You are the only person closest to me.... now that I have to let Harvey go."

He stared at me as I said that. "Person? What am I to you at this moment? He asked.

"My best friend and brother" I chuckled as I uttered those words. I glanced at him to see his reaction.

"That's it?" He pursed his lips obviously in disappointment.

I stood up in front of him. He was about to stand up but I pushed him down again with my hands on each side of his shoulder. I got down a little and boldly inched closer and kiss him on his lips. He made a respond as he starts kissing me gently . He put his arms around my back and pulled me closer. I landed on his lap sitting sideway as my legs are on one side. I held on to his neck as I tried responding to him without making any embarrassing mistake. I guess it felt like an eternity as I tried to catch up with my breath. We finally pulled away.

I was still in the same position as he bumps his forehead into mine. He smiled as he gazed into my eyes. "Do you do that to your brother and friends too?"

"As you know I have no brother or any guy friends so...I am pretty sure I will only do that to my special boyfriend."

"Finally...I made into your heart." He smiled widely as he pressed his lips against mine again.

 

Moving to the city had definitely made my life change. In the beginning, I was really having an enjoyable time. There will always be a splurge of excitement when I am around him. Going out on dates with him made me ever happy and more cheerful. Although he had schedules, but we still find time to meet up.

After a while, it became harder to see each other as he gets busy with practices, rehearsal and concert tour flying in and out of the country. The new season of his reality show is starting and that had occupied his time entirely. In addition to that, I have examination coming up and so I am also busy with my study too.

Taecyeon took me out one evening and since he said they will be hanging out at Minjun's place so I agreed to go with them.

Even though he is usually by my side with the members all there, chatting and laughing as usual, but I was sitting there alone in my usual silence.

I think maybe Nichkhun had noticed me being alone. He came and sat beside me while Taecyeon was fooling around with the others.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nichkhun asked. I nodded.

"Not bored I hope." I shook my head.

"You are in your silent mode? Is something bothering you?"

I shook my head again.

"Hey, Min, I know you are able to talk since you had got used being with us. You were much more cheerful before. What is it?

I shook my head but then a teardrop runs down my cheek as he was looking at me. I quickly wipe it away.

"This is no good." He said. "TAEC..." he shouted. "TAEC.."

"What?" Taecyeon turned to us while still slapping on Chansung's back. Nichkhun stared at him furrowing his brow as he pointed to me.

I was hugging my legs as I put my face down on my knees feeling uneasy all of the sudden as the others start paying attention to me.

"What is it, Min? Are you sick?" Taecyeon wrapped me in his arms immediately. I kept silence as all of them were watching us now.

"I think something is bothering her, you two should talk it out. You have to go, Taec." Nichkhun explained.

"Are you okay, Min?" he asked when he was driving me home while holding my hand. "Taec, I am alright," I said holding back my tears.

"You are not alright, Khunnie saw that, and I felt foolish that I didn't notice that."

He sat me down on the couch as we arrived at the apartment. Then he poured two glasses of orange juice. He put the glass in my hand. He watched me for a while.

"Min, please, what is bothering you?" I was looking down at my glass, not knowing how to start.

"Well?" He asked again. "I...I... I don't know... " I said as I took a sip of the juice. "You don't know ? You don't know why you are sad?"

He held my hand and look at me. I shook my head.

"Can you just hold me?" I requested. He held me tightly without hesitation. I hold him as I buried my face in his chest. I began to sob a little.

"Min, why are you crying?" He said he my back.

"Maybe I miss you." "Hmmm...but I am here"

"Maybe we hardly see each other, maybe.." "Sorry, Min." "Maybe I am being selfish," I said as I pulled away. He looks at me waiting for me to continue.

"I want to spend more time with you. Alone. I want you. All to myself."

He chuckles at my answer. "You are really getting bolder, Timid Mouse."

"Is there anything else?" He said as he touches my cheeks I shook my head. He hugged me again before planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I will try my best to see you more often okay?" I smiled at him as I nod my head.

**********************★***********★*****************★*************

Don't feel good writing this chapter but must move on.... around 6 chapters to go... I think.