Chapter 15

Silent Sacrifice

He started taking out the ingredients onto the kitchen counter as we reached the apartment.

"Are you cooking today?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied He was cutting the vegetables as I looked on.

"Need my help?" I asked. "Oh, apron." He replied.

I took out one and handed to him but he didn't take it. He looked at me as he lifts his hands up a little. I slipped the apron onto his neck and quickly tie a knot at the back.

Taecyeon was facing me as he put an apron on me. I felt shivers as he circles my waist and ties a knot making my face buried in his chest. "Taec..." I put my hands against his chest as I felt myself blushing. He held me a little closer and didn't let go. "Taec... we have to cook... "

Then did he only start preparing the meal, he did most of the work as I tried helping him in any way I can.

Finally, dinner is served. "Here, taste it." He brought a spoon to my mouth.

"Mmm...delicious,” I said. He smiled with satisfaction.

After our meal, I sat down on the couch next to him but still with a gap between us. He slid closer to me but I slipped away a little.

He let out a sigh. "I get the feeling that you are always avoiding me. Am I really bothering you?" He asked as he furrowed his brows. He must be frustrated since my actions were repetitive.

"I am sorry... I'm just shy... coz I really don't know... " I struggle to explain.

"Don't worry, I won't touch you, but I like to hear it from you. I told you that I like you and actually more than that I have fallen for you. But until right now I still don't know your true feelings for me."

"I...I do...I.." I stammered as I am trying to finish my sentence. He stood up with that same cold expression in his face.

"It's okay, take your time, sorry if I have been making you uncomfortable."

With that, he walks to the door. I quickly stood up to call him.

"Wait...Taec..." But he has already shut the door and left.

For the next few weeks, he neither contacted me nor come to my place. I was still busy coping with my studies so I didn't contact him as well. But as the days goes by, I finally admit that I do miss him. I am to blame myself for being so timid.

I made a decision so I text him.

"Can we talk. Please come tonight. I will cook dinner.

He didn't reply immediately. I got his text only later in the day.

"I have a schedule today. I come by if I finished early. Don't wait for me."

I was waiting for him anyway even though he did ask me not to. And I cooked enough for the two of us, just in case he did come. I waited until the late night before eating my meal. And I was studying half-heartedly while looking at the door hoping that the door bell will rings. But it is already midnight now, I felt a little bit disappointed.

I was getting ready to sleep when finally I heard that melodious sound. I became excited and I jump up from my bed to open the door.

"Sorry, I didn't call you beforehand. I was just trying my... Taecyeon didn't finish his sentence as he paused and looked at me. "I mean, I was... was just trying my ..luck..." he stuttered.

He was still staring at me as he sat on the couch. "It's there something wrong?" I asked with my normal soft voice as I was still standing at the door.

"You are..y..." he gulped. As I looked back on myself only did I realize I was wearing a tank top which shows my cleavage and mini short pants.

"Oh..."I quickly run into my room and put on an oversized T- shirt on with long sweat pants. I walked straight to the kitchen feeling a little embarrassed and poured a glass of juice for Taecyeon. I slide beside him making sure I closed up the gap.

He turns his gaze to me and I suddenly feel shy, I looked down.

"So, do you have anything to say to me?" Taecyeon asked. I looked up again and found that he was staring hard at me. I try facing him and meet his eyes.

"I am sorry... as you know I am very timid so... I was just scared. "

"But do you like me?" He asked as he took both my hands into his.

"I think I do..." I spoke so softly that it turned into a whisper.

"Are you sure... he brushes my cheeks and lifts my chin up. I was so nervous that I was clenching my hands on the side of my pants trying not to avoid his gaze. Then he kissed me gently as his hands now cupped my cheeks. He forced my lips open as he slides his tongue in.

I didn't know how to respond and accidentally bit his tongue.

"Ouch..." he yelped I quickly slide away further from him as I covered my face with my hands and bowing my head down.

"Sorry..." I apologized not realizing that I was trembling at that moment too. "It's okay." He took my hands away from my face.

"Sorry for forcing on you."

I shook my head. "Sorry...it's just I have never..." I explained feeling rather embarrassed.

"Never been kissed?" He made a guess. I was nodding my head as I turned my head away.

"Really? How old are you?" He asked.

"Why? Do we need to learn that at an early age?" I replied. He scratches his head.

"Ummm... no... no... so you never dated before?" He asked curiously. I shyly nodded my head. He smiled as he ruffled up my hair.

"Sorry for forcing you. I really do miss you though" He said as he holds me in his arms. "I thought you will never contact me again."

I kept still as I am very shy now. He tightens up his grip. Then slowly I put my hands around his waist, feeling blissful at that moment. I buried my face in his chest inhaling his scent.

We were holding each other for some time. I gaze up at him as he pulled away. I was smiling widely at him and he smiles back. He took my hand in his. Holding it tighter, He then kisses on my forehead moving down and kisses the tip of my nose. He pressed his lips on mine.

After a brief moment, I pulled away, being afraid that I might make the same mistake.

"Do you still want to eat?" I asked, making excuses again. "I still have some soup left."

He nods his head and smiles. I heated up the soup and scooped a bowl for him. I smiled as I watch how he drank up the soup.

When I locked my gaze with him, my heart starts pounding fast, I felt that sensational tingling feeling again as I realized how much I have missed him too.

Taecyeon waved his hands in my face." Hello? Timid Mouse, are you there...?" I snapped back into reality.

"What are you thinking?" I shook my head and then I tidied up the table when he finished. "It's late, I better go... so I come by when I am free okay..."he said as he stood up to go to the door. I nodded my head.

"Why are you in your silent mode again?" He asked as he runs his hand through his hair. I smiled still without a sound made and walked him to the door.

"Good night" he greeted. As he is about to leave I grabbed his hand. "What?" He looked at me. I pulled his arms down as he is too tall and kiss on his cheek.

"Goodnight" I whispered.

"Okay... it's not up to here yet" he pointed to his lips "but I am still happy." He hugged me briefly then plant a kiss on my forehead before he leaves.