Chapter 18

Silent Sacrifice

"What is happening?" Taecyeon asked as he pulled me back. I forced a smile while shaking my head.

"Go ahead and enjoy then. I am just tired." I step back and gesture Chansung to come over and dance with him.

Taecyeon grabbed my arms and turn me around. "Are you really okay?" I nodded and faked my smile again . "Go have fun. I just wanna rest for a while." I pushed him back a little. Then Jia and Fei came and join them. Taecyeon has pulled back to the dance floor once again.

I walked to the spot where Seulong and Minjun are.

"So what's the answer?" Minjun asked.

"You lose," I replied. "Huh, so it's y Kitty? Ha! How could Taec answer that? Then it's Khun, Wooyoung, and Junho who had won. They must be happy."

He sighed "Well, then, the dinner is on me and Chansung."

"Thanks for the dinner," I said smilingly. I focus my eyes back on Taecyeon. "Don't be sad. We guys naturally look at y ladies. Taec still loves you anyway. So don't worry. "

There are a few y girls dancing with them now. I sighed as I watch him dancing so happily with all smiles and with the girls surrounding him.

Wooyoung came to us, "Come out you guys and dance." I shook my head. "You guys go ahead. I want to rest." Minjun looked at me for a moment. "Are you sure, you will be okay?" I nodded. "Just go." So both Minjun and Seulong went and join them. I got myself a soft drink while watching all of them having fun. I felt sad looking at Taecyeon. I think by now he would have forgotten that I exist. I heaved a sigh again. Why am I feeling this way, I guess this is how celebrities' lifestyle are.

I continue watching them and suddenly there is a hand on my back. "Hello Sweetie," A guy said as I felt his breath on my ear. I quickly shoved him away.

"I see you are all alone, why don't you hang out with me."

He leans back closer to me. I walked away quickly but he grabbed my waist and pulled me back. I quickly turn around and push him with both of my hands until he nearly fell down. " Wow, you're strong... Sweetie, come on..." he grabbed me by my wrist and brought me back to his side again then he put his arm around me. I panicked and immediately stepped on his foot, it's a good thing  high heels come as a good weapon. He quickly loosens his grip as he yelled in pain. I made an escape as I move away from him fast and walk to another spot. My eyes keep searching if that guy had followed me and I was relieved that I have lost him.

Loneliness suddenly crept in as I felt a little bored now. I don't really belong here and I don't want to be a spoilsport, so I just leave quietly without informing them.

I took a cab home and had a quick shower before going to bed. I check my phone to see if he is looking for me.

Disappointed that there is nothing there. He is really having fun and forgot all about me.

"Come on Min, it's a birthday party after all!" I thought now I am debating whether to text him or not. "Let him worry," I said to myself, acting selfish again. I was in my bed trying to sleep but I couldn't as I keep checking my phone.

After more than two hours, the phone finally rang. I smiled as he called. But I didn't answer until the fifth time.

"Where are you?" Taecyeon asked.

"Back home," I answered.

"Why didn't you tell me? I was so worried about you."

"Just don't want to ruin the party." "You should have told me anyway. I am on my way to your place now."

"But I am sleepy."

" I m almost there."

"You know my passcode, get in yourself. I am sleeping." I tried raising my voice. I let out a sigh after the phone call ends. Trying to sound mad isn't what I am used to.

Not long after, There is a knock on my door. "Min... y Kitty... wake up..." I sat on my bed, holding myself back not to open the door. So he really likes y Kitty.

He knocked on the door again louder this time. "Timid Mouse..." Then I heard a thud sound and there was silence for quite some time. I opened up the door and found him lying on the floor.

"Oh no...is he drunk?" I tried pulling his arm but he is so heavy, So I tried to wrap my arms around his back and pull him up as I kneel down. I finally made him lean on my shoulder. "Get up, Taec... please..." I call out. "Taec...wake up!" I called out again as he is really too heavy to be carried. Suddenly his arms tightened around my waist as he kisses me on my cheek. "Gotcha!"

"Hey! You are awake!" I slapped his arm.

"Well, how else am I going to make you come out from the room!" He stood up and pulled me up. "What is that all about earlier in the restaurant and the club? You are not like your usual self?" He asked as we sat down on the couch.

"Your members tried to help me get closer to you saying that you love the y kind instead."

"You are all betting on me?" He said finally understood what is going on.

"Sorry, Taec, I was forced to but you seem to like y Kitty better."

"I love you, either way, I prefer Kitty only when we are alone, though. Please don't act in front of my friends like that.

"But still, you enjoyed dancing with those y girls just now." "Mmm, but they are our colleagues." He replied.

"Huh?"

"Yeah they are our dancers and two of them are our stylist. Didn't you notice those crazy male dancers too?"

"No..." I shook my head.

"So that's why you ignore me huh? Are you jealous? You looked a little pouty just now?" I kept quiet.

"Oh no... so you are mad at me...that is why you leave early too right?" He asked as he grabbed my shoulders.

"You know I don't like crowded places." I finally answer.

"Hmmm...then it would be hard to take you anywhere."

"It's okay, I don't mind."

"So you don't mind me going anywhere with whoever I want?"

"Aii...Taec!" I smacked him on his chest.

"Hey... you are becoming more aggressive now.

"Entirely your fault."

"My fault? Why?"

"Being with you, made me change a lot. "

"I hope I didn't change you into a monster?" He chuckled.

"I'm pretty scared I might turn into one."

He grabbed my cheeks and gaze into my eyes. "Taec..." I whisper. He then kissed me fully on my lips. When he pulled away he said, "Nah... you are still sweet and you are still my Timid Mouse."

"Cheesy..." I replied as I punch him on his arm.

"Ouch...so, you don't want to go out anymore?"

"It's fine, we can't walk closely together anyway."

"Are you upset about that?" I didn't answer. "That's why you made all the excuses whenever I asked you out?" I remain silent staring at him.

"Sorry, I try my best not to hide anymore."

"It's okay, it's just safer not to go out "

"I guess it's time to open up." He said as he smoothes my hair and tugs it behind my ears.

"Please don't reject me when I ask you out again okay? He whispered in my ears making me so ticklish. I smiled as I leaned on his chest while he wrapped me in his arm. I gaze up at him and smiled at him. "What?" He asked, " This feels like a dream to me." Suddenly he pinches my cheeks really hard. "Ouch!" I yelled.

"See, it's not a dream." He laughed out. "This is real, okay."

***************★★★***********★★★**********************-

Sigh...finally... another 4 chapters ...