Chapter 20

Silent Sacrifice

 When I opened my eyes, I felt pain in my waist as where it was bandaged.

I looked around trying to remember what happened or where I was. I found myself in a room and realized that I am at the hospital since I am wearing their gown.

I felt a bit thirsty so I tried to sit myself up, there is a jug at the side table, I tried lifting it.

Just then, Taecyeon came in with a bag. "Let me help you." He poured a glass of water and held it for me. "Thanks," I said softly.

"How are you feeling?" He said as he sat at the edge of the bed.

"Okay," I said. He stared at me for a while.

"Why are you sacrificing yourself again? Do you really want to die?" He said as he tugged my hair behind my ears. I kept quiet. "Maybe you did really wish I would become your slave for life."

 "No, I just don't want to lose you," I replied.

"You don't want to lose me? By killing yourself? "

"If I die, you still have your family, your members and friends...but I will lose the one and only person that I have if you..." I paused at the last word.

"You can't say things like that!" He had that angry look in his face. "I can't lose you too! What will I do without you?" He leaned forward to hug me, making sure not to pressure my wounded area.

"I think I should move to your place. I am afraid you will be in danger again." I was silent. "I can stay there with you right?" He was wrapping me in his arm. I lift my head and we are eye to eye already.

"What?" He asked. "Separate rooms?" I asked looking away shyly. He laughed immediately and replied. "Okay, Timid Mouse but why are you so shy now? You wanted to sleep with me the last time."

He lifted my chin to face him and gazed at me. Then he inched forward and pressed his lips on mine. I responded back as he held my face in his hands.

There is a knock on the door and we quickly pulled away. s were standing at the door.

"Sorry for interrupting," Junho said as he walks in. Nichkhun was holding a bouquet of flowers and give it to me. "Thanks." I managed to say as I am feeling a little embarrassed.

"How are you?" Minjun asked. "I am okay," I replied.

"You are really a super woman!" Wooyoung said.

"I am not." I denied. "She is Mighty Mouse," Taecyeon said with a chuckle.

"Please don't get yourself hurt again." He said as he touched my cheek.

"What happen to that stalker?" Chansung asks curiously. "He was arrested. The security came and caught him, they called the police. " Taecyeon answered.

"Don't you have a schedule today?" I asked worrying. "I had to postpone it." He said I keep looking at him. "Don't worry about it. It's all been taken care of.".

"You should be worrying about yourself, Min," Nichkhun said.

"Get well as soon as possible," Junho said after being quiet for so long.

"Thank you guys for your concern."

I said I was discharged a few days later. I have cleared out the other room for him so that he can move in.

He took care of me very well as he is afraid that I get myself hurt. Whenever I start cleaning or cooking, he would stop me and help me instead.

"Taec, don't worry. I am fine." I reassured him. You should rest more, your wound is not healed yet. He replied as he furrowed his brow. "But you must be tired after finishing your schedule," I whined. "I am not tired." He would reply.

When he went to Japan, He really did get a bodyguard for me. I was feeling uncomfortable but he insisted that I need one. I felt really awkward as the bodyguard drove and followed me everywhere I go. He even follows me to the university and watch over when I go for my classes. Luckily it was only until Taecyeon comes back.

Once I am fully healed, Taecyeon said he wanted to take me to a special place.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he was driving. "To find you a new boyfriend" he replied as he smirk at me. "Why? Did you get bored of me now?" I looked at him for a moment.

"A little, you are too quiet" He replied as he laughed. "Just kidding, you'll see!"

When he parked the car in front of the building, I realized it was the horse racing track.

"I got to know someone here when I had my drama shoots the last time."

We entered in and met with Taecyeon's friend, Mr. Park, and he took us to the stable.

"Here you can pick a horse to ride on." Taecyeon and I straight away picked a horse each. Mr. Park led us to the tracks and he said we can ride them there. He left as he had work to do.

"Dare for a race?" I asked. "Sure!" He accepted. So we sped up our horses and competed with each other. These horses are really fast, faster than my Harvey. I felt really happy as I was riding against the wind. Taecyeon let out a sigh as we finished.

"You win again." He said. "You are still that good."

"You slow down too early," I said. "Ahh... Thanks, coach!" He exclaimed as I tip him.

"Do you think I can work part time here?" I asked.

"Why? You don't want to be my assistant anymore?" He asked.

"Emmm... you don't need one, none of your members have one. But if you really need me I can be there."

"You don't have enough money?" He asked again.

"No, I just miss the smell of perfume." Taecyeon rode close to me and said "You are such a strange girl.

 "That's why you like me right?" I gaze at him while blinking my eyes.

"Since when did you become so cheeky." he laughed at my aegyo.

"I don't know, it seems like the city life had been influencing me a lot lately" I laughed out.

"Let's ask Mr. Park later. But right now... I want a rematch." He said.

"Okay, let's race." I quickly galloped away with my horse.

"Hey, wait." He shouts after me. We had another two rounds before I finally let him win.

"Yes! I won!" He shouted. He is so happy that I couldn't resist laughing as I look at his cute expression.

He looked back at me as I giggled. He felt something is wrong and soon realized as he blurted out "You let me win... isn't it?" He asked as he darted at me. I went quiet but still smiling.

He sighed and said, "Should have known."

"Aiyah, Oppa...." I made another aegyo again. "Mmmm... cute. Let's go back home and rest and then I will take you out to dinner."

"Okay.."