Chapter 10

Silent Sacrifice

I have already enrolled in a university with the help of Taecyeon. All I need to do now is to find a place to stay and also to get a part time job.

I stay on the farm until I have handed over all that I know to Uncle Hong and his sons. Taecyeon text me from time to time when he is busy with his schedule.

He took me out of the village one day as he said he had found a place that I can stay. "It's been a while since I last went to the city," I said as I look out of the car window.

It feels good not working on the farm for once. We went for brunch at his favorite restaurant. I slurped down the noodle soup while Taecyeon was observing me. "You are really eating well."

"It's really delicious, especially when I don't have to cook for once." he laughed out as I said that.

"This is the best place I got."He said as we enter the apartment which he selected.

"How come you still have time when you are so busy?" I questioned him

"No matter how busy I am I will have time for you." He smiled with that same silly grin.

"Don't bluff," I replied. "But I know the houses in this area are very costly and this one is fully furnished," I said as I walk around checking the house.

"No, it does not cost much."

"Really? So why is it the best choice?"

"It is the nicest place, it's quite cheap and it is convenient since there are public transport and shops nearby." He explained.

"Sounds like you are the landlord yourself. Do you have other places that I can look at?"

"Nope." He said shaking his head. "That means I have no other choice,why do you insist I take this one?"

"As I told you it's the nicest. And it saved you a lot of time for browsing the unwanted places."

I start to tidy up the farm house, clearing everything out as I start packing up to move to the city.

There were a lot of Dad's stuff that I still don't know what to do with. Uncle Hong agreed to keep the other things in a room for me since he is still staying in his own house. His younger son would move into the farm.

The only thing I will miss now is Harvey. I wish I can bring him to the city. But Uncle Hong told me that I can come and ride on him anytime I want.

Taecyeon had asked s to help out too. When they entered the new apartment, Minjun exclaimed: "This is a nice place, it's really spacious." As Taecyeon and his mates had finished moving my stuff, they ordered Ja Jiang Mien and ate it up.

"Thank you all for helping me, are you guys busy tomorrow night? I would like to cook dinner for you all." I offered.

"You don't have to trouble yourself. We can take you to dinner instead." Taecyeon refused. "But I want to cook and to show my appreciation for you all. And it can be a house warming."

"Okay, let's have a party tomorrow." Nichkhun agreed. As they all left, I tidied up the apartment as it was a little dusty.

The next day, I went shopping for groceries and some necessary stuff for the house. As I enter into the elevator there was an old man who was getting in as well.

"You just move in, I have never seen you before?" He asked as he smiled at me. I nodded shyly as I push the floor button.

"3rd floor, you bought that place right?" I shook my head. "You can't speak?" He asked.

I smiled and walked out as the elevator stopped at my floor.

As soon as I step into the apartment, I started to rearrange some of the furniture and also redecorate the place before I start cooking.

Later in the evening, Taecyeon came earlier than the others. "I thought you might need some help." He said. "I brought ice cream and a bottle of wine."

"Thanks," I said as I continue preparing for dinner. He immediately helped me in the kitchen.

Soon the rest of s arrived. I served them some soft drinks as they all sat down on the couch.

"This place looks nicer than yesterday. It must be a lady's touch." Junho said as he starts roaming around the place.

Finally, I set up the table and dinner is served. They start digging in the food while chatting and laughing.

As usual, I would eat quietly while watching them fooling around. "The food is really delicious. You are really a good cook." Wooyoung complimented.

"Thanks," I said softly.

"We were always so noisy and loud that we forgot the host tonight" Minjun looked at me.

"Don't be shy around us. I think you will see us a lot from now on if you are seeing Taecyeon." Nichkhun snickered. I smile without saying a word.

"I guess she needs more time,use" Chansung said. They continue to stay and hang around after dinner. They brought me some gifts that used for the house too.

"Come on guys. Let's go. We are disturbing the couple here." Junho said after they have been sitting there for a long time.

"No... It's okay." I said as I shook my head.

"Aishh, come on we are giving a chance for you two to be alone." Wooyoung said.

After they have all left, Taecyeon helped me clean up. We then sat back down on the couch. Although I sat beside him there is still a gap between us.

"You must be exhausted. You have tidied up the place and cook for the hungry wolves." He slide closer and put his hands on my shoulders.

"No, it's more tiring working at the farm." I said feeling a little shy again and shifted his arms away slowly.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I made an excuse and stand up.

"No, I am not thirsty." "I think I better go. You have to go to class early tomorrow right?" I nodded. I bid him goodnight at the door before he left.

I entered into my room and remembered that I bought a gift for him. I also have question about the rental payment since he didn't tell me when or who to pay to.

I went out and I heard his voice talking to someone . I hurried up to catch up with him and was about to make a turn to the elevator.

"Mr. Lee, please keep it a secret." I heard his voice, "Why are you so generous, Mr Ok?"

I stopped and leaned against the wall as I listen.

"I just felt sorry as both her parents had passed away. And she had to pay for her studies as well. "So you bought her the apartment. This is like a charity for you..." I don't feel like hearing anymore so I turn back to the apartment.

I was holding back my tears as I walk fast. After all I thought of him as my only friend. He was only sympathizing with me and I am a charity case to him. I sat on the floor hugging to myself. Now I am really all by myself. There is no one else. I weep silently as I felt the loneliness now.