Epilog

Silent Sacrifice

Finally it is my graduation day.  Right after the ceremony, everyone was busy taking pictures with their families. This made me cried a little. I do wish Mom and Dad were here today. Even worse, my boyfriend can't show up since he was afraid that mice would gather around.

Luckily, my course mates were so friendly to me despite that I am shy and quiet. At least I still have someone to take pictures with.

I stayed for a short while before I start leaving the building. I was trying to call Taecyeon as he didn't contact me since this morning. I have been told that he had a schedule only at night. So I am curious about what he is doing now. I saw a big crowd ahead of me and I wondered what was going on there.

As I walked closer to the crowd, His manager was beside me. He was on the phone. “Okay, ready, she is here.” I heard him said.

I was confused about what is happening. Then I heard music playing, only then I saw all of the 2PM members were dancing there. Wooyoung starts to sing first. I struggled to move to the front .

When Taecyeon was rapping his part, he was standing right in front of me. I was so shy to face him so I look down. My tears were welling in my eyes and I quickly wiped it away.

When I look at him again, he was smiling at me then he walked away.

As the song ended, Taecyeon spoke up.

“The next song is dedicated to our  friend who is graduating today. Congratulations, Timid Mouse.”

He didn't look my way when he announced that so it made the audience there very curious,

"Who is Timid Mouse?" I heard them asking. I was really touched now and I tried to control my tears as they sing their second song.

After the performance ended, they got into their car. I received a text message from him immediately.

“Okcat calling  Timid Mouse. Walk fast to the lane further if you don’t want to be left behind.”

I was walking to the car when suddenly, there is a voice calling on my back.

"Hello, Sweetie" I was so frightened that I ran away without looking back.

"Hey Timid Mouse, wait, it's me." I stopped and turned around. It was Taecyeon behind me. He had put on a jacket now with a hood over his cap.

 I went closer to him and smacked his chest a few times without saying a word. "Ahh... Ouch..." He yelled as he grabbed my hands.

"Baby, did I scare you?" I pouted my lips and nod my head. "I am sorry. Come. Let's go!" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we walk to the car.

"Hello, Minnie." Wooyoung greeted as the door opened.

"Congratulations!" One by one they all said. "Thanks! And thanks for the performance, you guys were amazing!" I replied.

“That’s our gift to you,” Nichkhun said winking his eye.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, "To eat, of course!" Chansung said. "We are going to eat samgyeopsal," Taecyeon said.

"In the afternoon?" I asked. "Yeah, it is to celebrate your graduation." He replied

So we went to their favorite restaurant to enjoy that. They were so loud and noisy and keep cheering on that I would think they were celebrating something of their own.

Later on, I went to the horse racing tracks with Taecyeon. We are riding on our horses and by now I have my own favorite horse which I called Lil Octagon.

"So this is your new boyfriend?" He asked. I nodded and asked him.

"Jealous?"

"Mmm... a little." He replied.

"Don't be. I am treating him like a son." I said laughingly.

"We should have our own son." He said as he looked at me. I stuck out my tongue to him and said. "No way."

"Let's race!" Taecyeon said. "Don't give in to me this time, okay?"

"Okay." We went one round and I win again.

"Sigh, how can I ever beat you!" He pursed his lips.

"Good boy, Octagon!" I pat the horse's head.

"Why do you call him that?" He asked. "Coz that's similar to your name." I laughed out.

"What! You are naming a horse after me?" He said. I laughed out even loudly as he asked me that.

"Oppa, my trainer is coming. So we have to stop now." I said as I saw a man heading my way.

"Okay, Baby." He rides closer to me and pecks on my cheek.

"See you tonight then." He rode away and left us.

I have been working part time here. As I love riding horses Mr. Park saw my potential and asked me if I want to be trained as a horse racer, so I just thought of trying out.

The next few days, I came home in the evening, after my usual training session.

I slumped on the couch as  I was really tired but then I heard some sounds from the kitchen so I went in there. Taecyeon was cooking. "Hey, Baby, you are home." He said as he noticed me standing at the door.

"What are you cooking?"

"You'll see. Go get a shower and dinner will be served." He ordered. "You don't need my help?" I asked.

"Just go." He ordered. When I get changed and came out, the place was dimly lit.

I walked to the dining table and it was set with candles and wine glasses. He was putting our plates of steak on the table.

"Wow, a romantic candlelight dinner?" I said in awe as I stood there. He pulls out a chair. "Please sit down, Princess."

"Okay, let's eat." He said as he raises his fork with the piece of steak into my mouth. I quickly swallowed it. "Mmmm..." I nod my head and give him a thumb up sign. He then pours some red wine on our glasses.

"Ganpae!" We clanged our glasses together. "Oppa, what are we celebrating today?"

"It's our 1500 days anniversary." He announced. "You have been counting?" I asked as I wasn’t sure the number of days we have been together.

"Actually... I just made that up but it's almost five years now." He said with a smirk.

"I can't believe we have been together for so long. It still feels like a dream." Taecyeon immediately stood up from his seat and pinched my cheeks hard.

"Ouch!" I yelled. “See, it’s not a dream.” He laughed.

After dinner, he carries me to the couch. "Stop it, Oppa I can walk." I held on to his shoulder but still slapped him on his arm.

"Wait here." He went to his room and took out a bouquet of roses.

"Min, I have to tell you something." He said as he gave me the bouquet.

I stared at him waiting for him to continue.

"Well, I will be leaving soon..." He said with a serious face suddenly.

"What... Where to? " I asked as my heart suddenly dropped to the pit of my stomach.

"It might be for two years... or more,"

He knelt down and I was immediately surprised.

He then took out a box and opened it with a ring inside.

He coughed a little and clears his throat. "Timid Mouse, Baby, will you wait for me?" I shook my head as I took the box of the ring.

"No?" He said surprised by my reaction. I smile as I pulled him up.

"Oppa, Yes I will but..."

"But?" He repeated.

"but I still don't understand, where are you going? and why the ring?

He smiled at me,

"I will be joining the military service soon. So I just want to propose to you before that.

 "So we wait until your service is over?

He nods and replied. "You can wait for me right?"

"Mmmm.." I shyly nodded my head and hand him the ring. He finally smiled and held my hand as he put the ring on my finger.

Then I leaned towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck and kiss him as passionately as possible.

"Let's get married after my service is over, okay? Baby? he murmured. I nodded my head again . "Okay, Oppa." I whispered back.

*******★***★***★***★***★***★***★***★***★***★******

~~~The End~~~ FInally, it's over... thanks to all the readers, the viewers even if you didn't really read it. Specially thanks to my subscribers for taking the time. Thanks for upvoting. Well... thanks for the comments... thanks to all those who are like Timid Mouse in a Silent Mode too. I know I am long winded but it's my first fic after all...;) Saranghae.