Chapter 5

Silent Sacrifice

Dad started to train Beauty every day so that she can be ready for the next shoot. When Taecyeon comes, we would then try to race our horses.

"Yah, you always win," Taecyeon complained. "You are getting better, I have been riding since I was a kid. So don't feel bad." I tried comforting him.

"Let's go somewhere higher, follow me!" I said as I gestured him to ride out of the farm and go to my secret hiding place where we can see the village from there. We tie our horses to a tree and rest on a rock.

"Wow! This is a nice place. Do you come here often?" He asked while looking over the valley. "Yeah, when I am sad especially when Mom passed away," I said as I remembered those times.

"It must be very hard for you. How did you get by?" He asked "I work hard on the farm just to pass the time quickly so that I will be too tired at night and dozed off straight away. And I have Harvey accompanying me most of the time."

"Why is he called Harvey?" He asked curiously. "I wanted to go to Harvard so much... and so I nicknamed him that."

"Harvard?" He was surprised. "Did you?" I shook my head.

"Did you come and hide here that time when we have a drama shooting?" "Yes," I replied. "So you were sad that time too."

"No...I just want to get away." I shook my head immediately. He moves closer to me and puts his arm on my shoulder making me feel a little trembling and my heart start to pounds again. I felt silly having this kind of reaction. "Remember now that you have me, so hope you can call me whenever you need a friend, okay?"

"I don't want to bother you. I know celebrities like you must be busy all the time." I replied slowly slipping a little further away from him. "Don't think like that, no matter how busy I am, I will still return your call."

"Thanks, Taec." I feel good even if he is just saying it. I never did make the first move but I am glad he did text me once in a while. 

One month has passed by and today there is another film setting. He is with his co-star Bae Suzy.

It was a romantic scene as Suzy rides on Beauty together with Taecyeon. He was holding Suzy from the back which made my heart a little envy. But it would not be a nice drama without this sweet scene.

When they are off the camera, I give Taecyeon his tumbler of honey tea and seeing that today there is another actress, I give Suzy one too. "Thanks," she greets and drank from it. "It's nice, " she said. I feel happy as she said that. She really is very beautiful up close.

They were talking to each other so I left them as they are. Taecyeon came over to me as he said: "Why did you go away?" "You were busy," I replied in short. "Not too busy for you." He said with a silly grin.

"So how have you been?" He asked, "Okay, I am okay." I nod as I look down avoiding his gaze. "Are you sure?" he takes up my hand and look at the fresh wound on my arm which I got yesterday. "Look at this. Be more careful will you."

He ordered someone for the first aid kit and cleans up my wound, I feel shy and I was struggling to up his grip. He always has ways to make my heart tingle. "Don't move." He ordered as he puts on a plaster on it.

"Taec, you don't have to," I said softly. Just then the PD called out to him. They were looking my way as they talk to each other. I was wondering what they are discussing as they looked very serious.

Taecyeon gestured me to go over there. "PD-nim here had a scene of Suzy riding the horse while I had to save her. He wants to hire you as her double at the next shoot. Are you okay with it?" He asked

"I think so. When is the next shoot?" I asked. "I am not sure but I will come here before then so that we can practice before the real act. And Suzy might need some riding lessons too."

After the shoot, Suzy stayed back to learn to ride a horse. Dad is guiding her since I am still a little traumatized by the last experience. Taecyeon and I are riding behind them.

She is very quick and soon she is trotting slowly. Dad went off after Suzy was steadily riding Cappuccino. The three of us then go for a few rounds.

I was in my usual silent mode as I was riding behind Taecyeon and Suzy while they were talking to each other. Somehow I slow down a little more so that they will be far ahead of me. I then slip off not wanting to disturb them.

I went back home and start to cook in the kitchen.

"Here you are." Taecyeon came in with Suzy tagging behind. "Need any help? Suzy asked. "It's okay. Stay for dinner, okay?"

"Oh, sure, Min. Thanks." She said. "Do you know there is a Min in our group too?" I nodded. "She is prettier," I said.

"Wah, Timid Mouse. You are making progress. Are you trying to make friends here?" Taecyeon teases me. I smiled shyly. The dinner was a bit noisier than usual as both of them chatted with Dad. After that, I went into my room instead of going to the front porch.

Knock! Knock! "Timid Mouse, are you asleep?" I open the door fast as he is calling loudly. I don't want to disturb Dad as he must be resting.

"Are you hiding again?" He asked. "No," I replied softly. "Come out and help me with my script." He said. "Suzy?" I asked. "She has gone back. Now come out." He pulled me out to the front porch.

"I think when your drama is released. I might be able to memorize all your lines as I watch it.." I laughed out slightly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this getting boring....sorry if does. Please leave a comment so I would know. Thanks.