Chapter 14

Silent Sacrifice

Taecyeon told me to wait for him in front of my university as he wanted to fetch me. I was walking out when I saw that his car was attracting a crowd already.

I text him immediately.

"Timid Mouse calling Okcat. You are attracting a lot of mice. I am now ahead of you. Catch me as fast as you can."

I peek if he has noticed me. And saw that his car is already moving. I walked faster making sure the crowd didn't chase after him.

I run to the lane further opposite as his car has already waiting for me.

"Are you scared of the other mice?" He asked as I quickly closed the door.

"You don't want any unnecessary rumors, don't you? So where are we going?"

"You'll see," he said with a smirk. I was surprised when we arrived at the place.

"Zoo?" I asked. "I guess you might miss talking to your furry friends." He said as he laughed out.

I didn't say anything but going to the zoo definitely made me felt good. Although it's not the usual animals that we get to see every day but It did make me missed Dad, Mom, and Harvey.

A tear ran over my cheek when I am looking at the bears there. Taecyeon noticed and held my hand. "What is it? Why are you crying?" He asked while squeezing my hand.

"I miss home," I said with my normal soft voice.

"Oh no... Sorry, Min, I thought you would feel better after visiting the animals." He sighed as he continues, "I made you sad instead."

"No... Taec, I feel good coming here, thanks." He shook his head. "It made you cry, that's not good." He hurriedly pulled me to the exit.

I quickly stopped, struggling to release my hand. "Wae? Let's just get out of here."

"Taec, I like to see the rest of my furry friends," I said with a convincing smile.

"Are you sure? I don't want to see you sad."

"I am happy to be here, now let's go." I urged. So we continue touring the place. I was smiling again when I see him fooling around like a big kid.

"I thought you said we have to work today?" I asked as we sat down on a bench.

"Oh, that!" He chuckles as he said. "Why? Did you prepare food for me again?" I nodded.

I took out one container and give it to him and a tumbler. "Chocolate chips cookies...." he took one and ate it.

"So? When is your schedule for today?" I asked again.

"Emmm...you are working now..." "What do you mean?" I glanced at him with questioning eyes.

. "You are doing your job as a girlfriend and going on a date with me." He replied. "But I am not your girlfriend," I said as softly as I can.

"Ouch, that hurts." He put a hand on his chest. He gazes into my eyes and asked:

"Mmmm...Min...don't you like me at all?" His voice was soft. I shook my head.

"No? You really don't like me?" He raised his voice a little.

"No... I meant I like you...but..." I trail off not knowing how to continue.

"But?" He waited for my answer. "But... I am just a farm girl..." I said.

"So?" He furrowed a brow. "I am not a perfect match for you."

"You are... you are perfect to me..." He replied. I shook my head again.

Taecyeon heaved a sigh and said, "okay... okay... I think we better go now..." His face turns a bit cold and it made me feel scared.

"Are you...angry?" I asked softly but he had already walk away far from me. I quicken my pace trying to follow his footsteps.

He was quiet when we are in the car. The atmosphere seems awkward. He is not his usual self as this is the first time he is in a silent mode.

My heart feels like popping out, as I keep stealing a glance at him. "Why do you keep looking at me?" I shook my head afraid to speak up. He looks at me and said:

"Relax, Timid Mouse. I am not mad." Then he stopped by at a market.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Groceries. I need a few things to cook tonight." He replied as he walks on.

I was following him a bit further as I noticed there are a few people who recognize him. He stops by at a stall to buy some fish cake and rice cakes, he notices that I am not around and he went to look for me.

He gestured me to come forward but I was standing still. So he came and grabbed my hand and walk back to the stall.

 "There are a lot of people here," I whispered. "It's okay, it's not like we are in a relationship.' He said while walking casually without caring for the people around him.

Hearing his answer like that really did mean that he was disappointed. Nevertheless, I kept my distance anyway. But somehow Taecyeon noticed me being far from him again.

"Hey, special assistant, carry this for me!" He raised his voice as he called me. I hurriedly go to his side and carry the groceries for him. I follow him closely afraid that he will cause a scene again.