Chapter 11

Silent Sacrifice

It has been more than a month. After that day, I hunted for another apartment and found one in a few days and moved out from there immediately. I found a part time job in a convenient store as well. I have already started my studies.

Taecyeon had been calling and texting me but I ignored him. Every time I thought of him it gave this stinging pain in my heart.

I was in a hurry as I got out from the university. I was taking the bus to the convenient store that I work at. I took out a book to read and felt the person next to me was staring at me. I felt uncomfortable and tried to steal a glance. I recognised him immediately even though he was wearing a cap with a mask on.

I was a bit shocked as I stared back at him. "Why did you move out?" he asked as he saw me looking at him. I decided to put on my silent mode and kept quiet.

"So are you avoiding me?" He asked again. I didn't answer.

"In your silent mode again" He muttered and stopped asking knowing I won't answer anyway.

I left the bus, and I started to run away fast knowing he would follow me. I try to find somewhere to hide as I looked behind he was catching up fast.

I was getting out of breath as I saw a boutique. I enter into the store and quickly grab whatever clothes and ran into the fitting room. I hide in there for a long time until the shop assistant was knocking at the door. "Miss, are you okay?" She asked.

I quickly come out and return the clothes to her as I shook my head. My eyes were searching left and right making sure that he is not around. I didn't see any sign of him so I walk to the convenient store.

I was already concentrating at work for the past half an hour as I was arranging the canned drinks into the fridge.

Suddenly there is a tall figure standing beside me. I took a glance and I was shocked to see Taecyeon was standing there.

"Finally, I found you." He said smirking at me. I continue working while ignoring him.

"Min, you have to tell me what happened, or I will wait for you until you get off your work."

I kept on ignoring him. But after more than an hour, he was still hanging around the store. I took out a cup of ramen and made coffee. I put it on the table then gestured Taecyeon to come.

"Sit," I said softly. He sat down. "Here, for you, eat up and rest for a while."

"I don't need a rest. I need to know what happened, why are you avoiding me?"

"Okay, I give you the answer when I am off work which will be at 8pm. You come back here by then. Don't worry I will not run away."

He looked at me with doubt. "If I run away, you will find me again anyway right?"

"Uh huh" he nodded. "Don't worry I like to settle this tonight" I assured him.

"Promise that you would not run okay? I will come back to fetch you then."

I nodded. "Go," I ordered.

He came back as I get off from work. He was driving to take me to dinner. "Do you want to talk now?" He asked as he is driving. I shook my head.

I didn't speak even when we arrive at the restaurant and kept quiet right until we finished eating.

We were looking at each other as he was waiting for me to speak. "Thanks for all your help. But now it's my time for me to move on." I finally voiced out.

"Move on? What do you mean?" He looked puzzled. "I...I...just want... to be more independent, I...do not want to rely on you anymore." I stammered as I tried finding the words.

"What does that have to do with moving out then?" He asked as he leans forward eager for my answer

"That place is just too expensive," I said.

"No, I told you it's not." He replied.

"Yes, it is. I know that it's your house." I said as I shook my head.

"What? How did you know?" He replied as his eyes widened.

"And... I don't want to become a charity case to you nor do I need your sympathy." I blurted out

"Why did you think like that, I never thought of you that way." He said

"Thanks for the dinner. It's late so I have to go now."

I didn't give him any chance to explain further as I quickly stood up and walk away. I heard Taecyeon's voice calling my name so I quicken up my pace.

Fortunately, there was a cab passing by, I just hopped on as I stopped the cab. Taecyeon was near the door. But I told the driver to just drive on. I was sobbing in the cab, saying it out made my heart even more painful.