Chapter 12

Silent Sacrifice

Two weeks has passed, I finished my shift as usual and bought a pack of food from the convenient store itself and took the bus home.

I quickly took a shower as I went back. The doorbell rang as I stepped out. Who could it be? I never had anyone coming to my place before. As I look into the intercom screen, I gasped as I saw Taecyeon.

I didn't open the door straight away. Did he follow me? But there was no one around when I walked in.

The doorbell rang for a few more times. "Let me in, you know I will come back again and again until you open the door." He shouted from outside while banging on the door.

I shook my head. He got me there. I am afraid he might disturb the neighbors too.

I put on a T-shirt over my flimsy singlet before I open the door. He came in and looked around the place. Then he sat down and took off his cap. I was standing far from him as I crossed my arms.

"Min, can you come and sit down?" Taecyeon said as he pats the couch gesturing me to sit. I shook my head.

"Okay then. Why did you say that you are a charity case, where did you hear that from? I stood still. He heaved a sigh. "I guess I have to stay here tonight until I hear your voice." he laid back his head on the couch and closed his eyes.

I ignored him as I went and sit down at the dining table and take my packed food and eat. He came over and sits across me as he pours out a glass of water from the jug which was on the table. He watches me as I eat.

"You are not a charity case to me. I bought the apartment even before I know you." He then takes a gulp of water. "And I didn't ask you to stay there just because I sympathize with you." He said as his eyes still looking at me. "I would do that to any of my friends if they happen to ask for a place to stay."

"You should have just told me that it is your place from the beginning." I finally speak.

"Sorry, I didn't think you might want to move in there if you know it was mine but what makes you think I am sympathizing with you?"

"I overheard you talking with a Mr. Lee," I replied.

"Huh, oh gosh, Timid Mouse, so what do you want me to say? That I bought a house for the girl I like? Not knowing if she will accept?" His face changed as his silly grin appeared.

"What are you talking about?" I asked with my voice still softly. "You might forget that I am a singer after all." He said as he looked at me.

It made me think. "Why didn't you tell him I am just a tenant there?" "I did...oh man, you didn't listen to our full conversation... I didn't agree with you being charity either."

*****★★******★★******★★*********★★******★★*****************

CONVERSATION FLASHBACK

LEE: Good evening, Mr. Ok.

TY: Good evening, Mr. Lee.

LEE: I see that you gave your apartment for a lady to stay in?

TY: Mr. Lee, please keep it a secret.

LEE: Why are you so generous, Mr. Ok?

TY: I just felt sorry as both her parents had passed away. And she had to pay for her studies as well.

LEE: So you bought her the apartment. This is a charity for you...

TY: No... Mr. Lee. It's not like that, I didn't buy it for her. As you know, I have bought this apartment for quite some time. And since it was empty for so long and since she is my friend so I thought I rent it to her at a lower cost.

LEE: Oh I see.

TY: So can you please don't tell anyone that I am the landlord. I don't want people disturbing her just because of me.

*******★*****★★********★★***************★★********★****★****

We sat on the couch as I finish my dinner. He slid down by my side.

"How could you just run away, without knowing the whole truth?" He exclaimed. I felt a little embarrassed and looked down while fidgeting with my fingers.

"Then you have to move back to the apartment." He said

"Why?"

"First, it's empty. Second, I need someone to clean the house anyway. So instead of you paying rent, you clean the house and cook me a meal every time I go there."

"Why did you buy a house and not live in it? I asked.

"I was about to but I just thought you might need it more than I do," Taecyeon said.

He put his hands on my shoulders. "Will you please move back?" I nod my head and step backwards as I took his hands away.

"One more thing, I am very unhappy that you got me looking for you for over a month just because of this misunderstanding." He raised his voice a little.

I look at him wondering what he wants now. "So you have to work as my assistant for at least one month."

"What about my studies?"

"We will work that one out. But you have to quit your part time job anyway."

I nodded in silence. He scares me a bit as he sounded really mad.

###################################################

Okay...okay that is the lamest excuse right? Sorry guys. Sigh! I have been writing the conversation part so many times. I still think it's not good enough. How am to get through this chapter.