OST 2

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OST 2

 

OST Played: Kim Sunggyu’s The Answer

In her dreams, she would be singing on stage fancily and beside her was her favorite idol singing and humming along to the song. Together they did the harmony. Their vocals of course were on point and they did their duo performance amazingly. Applauses coming from thousands audiences felt overwhelming and she felt so touched. Tilting beside her was the idol and proud smiles plastered in each faces. They held hand and she couldn’t be happier.

However in reality, she was just singing on a small stage with the music as the company alone. Before her were tens or perhaps even hundreds of audiences which only came to watch her performance accidentally as they were actually purposely coming for the eatery. Although the public didn’t even know her, her talent that night was still outstanding and enough to be recognized. In that moment was the most pleasant time she had, that was to stand on stage and deliver a performance to the public. What’s more she got to actually singing her favorite idol’s song that was nice to the public’s ears.

Never had it crossed her mind that she was observed while performing by an entertainment agency, causing her to be escorted by the scout. “What’s your name?” was asked when an unfamiliar lady turned up to her. Although she was doubtful and skeptical, she still was able to answer the question. “Kim Jiyeon!”

The lady was a fine one; quite tall, has a slender body and a pretty face. She could be easily mistaken or even treated as an idol or actress because of the traits she had, but Jiyeon knew the lady wasn’t a public figure because the said person didn’t show any intension to hide her identity like most artists did when going to public places like wearing mask. Moreover, Jiyeon knew every celebrity in her country and it was impossible that person was one.

“I’m Seo Jisoo,” the lady finally introduced herself and then suddenly gave Jiyeon her business card. “I’m a scout from Soul Music Entertainment; hopefully you’re familiar with that agency. My colleagues and I were here while you performed one of our artists’ songs and I gotta say we were impressed by your singing and deliver of performance. Therefore within a short discussion and we came up with a decision to you as will to train under our company. We would like to debut a talented girl like you!”

Jiyeon couldn’t utter a single word upon hearing Seo Jisoo’s talks until Jiae; her employer which she treated as her own sister and lived together came to her so-called rescue – “I’ll make sure she accepts your offer!” That Jisoo lady beamed widely as she showed her with teeth. “Great! The card contained the company’s number and also my personal phone number. If you ever decide to accept this, you can call us and we’ll give you the confirmed date and time to evaluate your talent formally. You have to audition before the panels to take you as our trainee,” explained Jisoo as brief as she could.

Further in time, while she was sitting in the dining room with her mug of hot chocolate on table, Jiyeon stared at Jisoo’s business card that was in her hand. She sighed as she took her sip of hot drink. It was her dream to become a singer, and her passion to stand on stage. But her fear due to the past event caught her in the middle between agreeing with the offer and declining. She wanted to do the former but the image of herself running away from her former training agency to Jiae’s apartment sweating and trembling body was still vivid in her mind.

While still in her deep thought, she managed to catch the glimpse of Jiae entering the kitchen to get some water to drink. Voicing up, she asked – “Is this real?” which startled Jiae almost spilled the water bottle to the floor. “The agency, you mean? Isn’t that the one who produced your favorite artist, Jin?” replied Jiae back in the same form of sentence smugly. She knew how much her dear sister was actually obsessed with the idol.

“No, I mean this person! Is this Seo Jisoo lady real?”Jiyeon corrected and looked at Jiae curiously. The older girl after digesting Jiyeon’s real intension on her question finally understood her concern. “You’re scared this is another scam?” asked Jiae back seriously which Jiyeon nodded in response. Jiae rubbed her face before sighing and took the seat beside Jiyeon to settle down and face her directly.

“I can assure that this person,” referring to the name in the business card – “is not a scammer! She’s V.I.P!” “Anybody can be a V.I.P!” retorted Jiyeon causing Jiae to take a deep patient breath. “Why are you so skeptical?” Jiae muttered. She then put her hands on Jiyeon’s shoulders and started to speak up her mind sincerely. “Jiyeon, I know you’re scared. However, not everybody is the same. This time, this one I can assure you there is nothing to be afraid about in this person! I met the CEO first personally and requested her to come to our restaurant just so I can introduce a talented you to her. I saw them discussing seriously myself.”

Jiae knew exactly what Jiyeon was concerned about. Jiyeon’s former training agency was a scam and tricked Jiyeon by telling her it was a new set up agency and that person also said that he believed Jiyeon was the right trait to make the company grows bigger. It was an alluring opportunity of course for Jiyeon because becoming an idol or singer had been her significant dream since childhood but Jiae was opposing it. She had a bad feeling about the offer at that time but Jiyeon insisted. At the end, she moved to the dorm prepared and lived away from Jiae. However only the period of 4 days Jiyeon had found out the so-called founder of the agency was a real scumbag and tricked Jiyeon only for her body. To tell directly, Jiyeon was almost but saved by the nearest glass bottle of soju that hit his head. Jiyeon ran for her life and when Jiae found Jiyeon was back in her doorstep with the tragic story, she received an umpteenth apology from Jiyeon.

Gulping, Jiyeon asked – “So you said, I should go for this?” Jiae gave her a sisterly smile before side-cupping her face. “It’s your dream. You make your own choice for it. I can only advice you what to do and not force you!”

The 2Ji(s) sisters shared a warmed hug before Jiyeon remarked – “As expected, you’re the best sister ever!”

*

It had been lonely days for Myungeun without Yein by her side and was accompanied by another manager instead in Japan. She wanted to call her secret lover and say how much she really missed her but the manager was with her almost all the time. She was really suffocated with the feeling.

It wasn’t a normal day for her as right after coming back from Japan she had to attend another schedule in Korea that was to have a photoshoot and interview for a magazine, K-Wave. Her recent soundtrack titled ‘Reset’ for a drama ‘Who Are You’ featuring a rapper from an idol group was a big hit and even won ‘Best Drama OST’ category. Many said she made a good couple with the rapper named Jeon Wonwoo, therefore they together got a call for a couple photoshoot. It would be the dead of Myungeun. She tried to decline the interview but her company insisted her to go for it.

Upon her arrival, Wonwoo was already awaiting and had his make up on. The lad was a real handsome one with his sharp features, emotional-looking and tall height. Myungeun remembered when he featured together with her soundtrack, she was actually surprised to find out they’re the same age and since then, they actually got along well.

The shoot went on, and they had a lot of intimate photos which include them to be hugging and also almost mouth to mouth contact. It was a little uncomfortable for Myungeun because it was a little too abnormal for her, but right then she wasn’t supposed to be Park Myungeun anymore but Jin, the artist. It was her job and she had to be professional. Fortunately although it was his first time at doing couple shoot, he managed well and led her more. It didn’t feel that awkward anymore.

“Cut! Alright you guys have done a good job!” said the director and you could see the satisfaction from the way he grinned too much. “You work hard everyone!” said Jin and clapped her hands as well as Wonwoo for the crews. They then approached the director to see their pictures which were well-taken and the way the main characters stared at each other in the photos looked convincing.

“You guys really made good couple. No wonder people like you both a lot!” remarked the director at the pair. Wonwoo had his proud smile on his face and looked at her direction while giving thumbs-up. Acting along, Jin gave hers to him as well. They were about to change to another outfits for the interview next when Myungeun found Yein was giving her the scariest glare she ever received.

Not giving avail to the stare, Myungeun ran to her direction and she almost trapping the other girl in her embrace and told how much she missed her. But she refrained herself and had the brightest smile of the day ever. “Why are you here? Where’s the other manager?” She wasn’t aware her question was not the right term to use and Yein felt how insensitive Myungeun was being to her feelings. Of course it wasn’t Myungeun’s real intension as she was just wanted to say how glad she was to have Yein there because they hadn’t seen each other for a while.

“Why? You don’t want me to be here?” Smile on her face faded away upon hearing Yein’s cold voice. “Yein-ah…” she muttered. “I don’t want to be here as well. It’s disgusting!” Myungeun took note Yein’s sarcastic remark as the girl went away nonchalantly. Wonwoo who had just finished changing his outfit witnessed the scene and made his pace to Myungeun.

“Are you alright?” he asked. Myungeun was startled by his deep voice but managed herself soon after. “I’m fine,” she replied which was a lie. From the way she looked right then, Wonwoo could sense something wrong happened. There must be some misunderstanding come in between in the line. “It’s alright, she’ll be cool soon!” he assured. Myungeun looked up at him as he was much taller than her. “You knew?” Myungeun asked quite surprised. “I have a sense,” he replied back which earned a chuckle from her. “Cheer up. She’ll soon learn how hard this job could be and come around soon, hopefully,” he said again which touched Myungeun’s heart. This guy knew better than her.

The pair had to cut short their deep conversation as they had interview coming up. Myungeun then rushed to change her outfit as Wonwoo once again waited for her like when she first came in the place for the shoot. Sincere smile plastered on her face when she thought how good of a person Wonwoo was.

*

She stepped into the building nervously. That time was the set day for her to be auditioning her talent before the panels. After thinking about the offer several times, she finally came up to a decision and gathered her courage to connect a phone call with the scout lady, Seo Jisoo. The lady was glad that Jiyeon agreed to come and audition and after some time later she informed Jiyeon back the agreement date she had with the other staffs of the company.

Sujeong wasn’t one of the panels, thus she didn’t get the chance to take a closer look for the performance. But at least big Soojung, the CEO was there and she believed the young successor could make the right decision so as to make Jiyeon passed the audition.

Along the line of the panels besides Lee Soojung were Lee Mijoo as the art director, the art producer and Soul Music Entertainment’s shareholders. Soojung was the one who recommended the shareholders to judge Jiyeon’s talent and she really hoped the girl wasn’t going to be a disappointment.

Jiyeon cleared nervously and her voice echoed as the mike she was holding was . Soojung began to speak first – “Introduce yourself, say and show your talents!”

“Hello, my name is Kim Jiyeon. I am 26 years old and live in Seoul with my sister.” “You expect to become a trainee at that age? That’s too old and training took a long time before you debut. We have someone at your age in the company a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter