OST 11 - Christmas special

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OST 11 – Christmas special

 

Sujeong’s favor shocked Jiyeon that she loosened the grip on her hand. “What?”

The producer was caught in guilt between older Soojung who’s just like a real sister and Jiyeon who’s becoming a new friend of her. Both were precious and dear to her life, but she was made choose. Sujeong had no other choice than to side with the CEO.

“I’m sorry this is so sudden. Your debut might have to be made earlier than planned,” she informed, not exactly explaining the real reason behind the decision made. Jiyeon scoffed in disbelief.

“You’re saying this because you want to side with your precious sister, right?” she mocked, not fully intending to be rude. Myungeun nudged her to remind her manners. “Even if you think this is unfair for you, both of them are your bosses and the ones who feed you. You have to do what they told you to,” she scolded.

Jiyeon kept mum for a moment before muttering an apology and ran out of the assessment room. A long sigh escaped from Myungeun’s lips. The singer stared at her friend. “I don’t understand why Soojung unnie is doing this,” she began, indirectly digging for more explanation from younger Sujeong.

The music producer buried her face in hands, throwing out all frustrations building inside her. “Her position is at stake and she was triggered to do this because of Howon’s case. I know that sounded like a ridiculous excuse but Soojung unnie is just trying to save this company. Speaking about this, do you know anything about Howon? This is not like him,” she told and asked.

Howon and Myungeun were quite close although not publicly. But Myungeun was an obvious fan of him and they had kept in contact as well as going out for a drink quite often. The said girl shook her head. “I’m worried of him,” she said and sighed. Sujeong nodded in agreement before their moments were cut short.

Yein came in a second later. “Babe, it’s time for you to go. Don’t want to be late to your schedule,” the manager slash lover informed. She waved at Sujeong before parting from the latter with Myungeun, setting off to the celebrity’s next schedule sitting for an interview with a magazine.

Sujeong headed back to the studio, preparing to resume writing songs again. She bet her back looked lonely and weak, because that was her exact feeling at that time. She was worried of both Jiyeon and older Soojung, thinking what she could do to help them both in a way that weren’t hurtful to anyone. But then again, Soojung’s decision was smart enough and wasn’t harmful in any way as well.

Sujeong decided she only needed to persuade Jiyeon a little more until she’s convinced and complies with their commands.

*

Moving her feet slowly, Jiyeon spotted her roommate Yoobin at the doorway of her dorm with her fellow trainees, Hyojung, Seunghee and Jiho. She said weak hi to them before entering her room and plopped her body on the bed, weighing down the soft mattress.

Concern of the sad look on the older girl’s face, Yoobin and the rest went in and cornered Jiyeon around. “Unnie, is your assessment not doing well?” she shot a question. She assumed her roommate was having trouble regarding her monthly assessment that she just did. Jiyeon shook her head and simply said no.

Hyojung had been eyeing silently before she voiced out. “There’s rumor going around saying that CEO-nim is planning to expose you to the public during Jin sunbaenim’s fanmeeting. Is that true?”

Jiyeon widened her eyes expressing her surprise. “It’s already spread around?”

“Well you know there’re certain trainees that loved to playing spy and saying nonsense. But it’s true?” Seunghee said between them. Jiyeon released a sigh before admitting the unbelievable truth of the rumor. “It was true.”

“Oh my god…” they exclaimed while hands covered their mouths in shock. It turned out that the male trainee, the one that had ill feelings towards Jiyeon because of her advanced training period, wasn’t saying a false report in the first place.

Frustrated, Jiyeon buried her face in hands before screaming lightly. “I don’t know what to do anymore,” she whined and voice sounded like she almost cried.

Glances exchanged between them before setting eyes back on Jiyeon. “Of course you should do it,” Jiho encouraged unexpectedly making Jiyeon looking up back. The younger girl’s words were unbelievable thus she doubted to go for it.

“I agree with Jiho,” Seunghee added, confusing Jiyeon even more. “What? You think it’s a good thing?” she inquired suspiciously.

“Of course it’s a good thing,” Yoobin supported and Hyojung took after her then. “The chance to debut is really slim if you take a longer time to train, just like what happened to me. I’ve been training for a while and still haven’t gotten any news to debut.”

“Besides, they are just a step faster to fulfill your dreams. It only means the good thing,” she said further, in hope her words would reach Jiyeon’s soul so the latter would do as the company told her.

It took her a while, with few days of thinking day and night, during practices, meals, showers and even in her sleep most probably. Lastly she decided and gave Sujeong a call.

*

December was a busy month. Many tasks at hands to be handled in such a short span of time, and problems arose in the wrong timing. So far there wasn’t any news released regarding the lawsuit or any statements coming from the agency. Howon also had stayed quiet and out of contact. Even s couldn’t reach him.

Since then, Infinite’s group schedules had been cancelled and rearranged for individual appearances on television broadcast instead. Myungsoo and Sungyeol had a drama at hands. Sunggyu joined to host a variety show. Sungjong went to the jungle for a filming, while Dongwoo and Woohyun were working on self producing songs.

Sujeong had done working on songs she composed for Jin’s winter single that soon would be released to public for Christmas. Recording had also worked on as Myungeun went back and forth from her schedule and to the studio.

It would be a turning point in Jiyeon’s life soon. Meeting already was held and decided for her official debut date. They had also come out with a stage name with Kei was given considering her visual and intelligent talent. Signing official contract and agreed with the terms and conditions simultaneously.

Eyes blinked few more days, and it was already Christmas Eve. Time flew so fast without they realized. Management staffs were allowed to go home early and spend the special celebration with dear family. Trainees also permitted for 2 days outing and had to be back at dorms before curfews.

The building felt lonely without the sound of chatters or people around doing their works, alone and quiet. Soojung felt the chill intensifying her body upon the thought of staying back without anyone around. She wanted to call younger Sujeong for a companion but the latter couldn’t be bothered in the studio with her own tasks.

Ignoring the scary imaginations began creeping up in her mind, the chief director focused on the documents at her desk instead. She prayed hard anyone would come and save her from drowning deeper in her nonsense thoughts.

Fortunately for her, the wooden door of her office was knocked – although it startled her greatly – Jiae emerged in her vision miraculously.

“Hi,” the said girl greeted cheerily, bliss blossoming within Soojung. The latter said hi back, maintaining her composure and keeping cool, suppressing her enthusiasm. Stood up on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter