OST 19

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OST 19

 

The office was looking empty and quiet. The desk had been cleared and soon she would never step in the same quarter room again unless for official task. Since Soojung announced her retirement from her CEO position, the place was never the same again. Frankly, it was too quiet for a company that would be celebrating year-end and Christmas party simultaneously.

The petite lady gave her now former office one last look around when she heard the door being opened. "Ready to go?" younger Sujeong showed up and gave her a small smile. The older nodded her head and lifted the box that contained her stuffs she had been packing before Sujeong hurried over and helped carried them for her.

The pair prepped to leave when they came across Uncle Minjun while they waited for the elevator. "Leaving now?" the old man asked before taking over the box from younger Sujeong and escorted them to their vehicle.

"Are you sure you don't want to be at the party? Everyone's expecting you," he tried to talk while they were walking down to the parking lot.

"Uncle's right," Sujeong agreed with him. "You should join us, unnie!"

Older Soojung chuckled at the pair's attempt. "I still have a lot to do and my flight is on the next day!" she declined their idea kindly which had Sujeong pouted.

After making her decision to resign, Soojung made a plan to take a degree in marketing that could benefit and influence her career in the next two years. Although she left her position, she was offered for another position as one of the producers, previously filled by Go Jaehyuk, so she wasn't exactly leaving the company.

Soon it'll be just Sujeong and Yein in her house since she'll be leaving to the States for her study. It's not the end yet for her because she's just going to start anew, have a new beginning and start over from the bottom.

***

The company staffs and artists have gathered for the year-end party that's mainly hosted by the former CEO's most trustable people, Uncle Minjun and Lee Mijoo. All Infinite members sans Hoya (he had officially withdrew from the group) attended with bright looking faces and were enjoying talk with their close upper directors.

Jiyeon came with her manager without Myungeun as the other girl had a radio night broadcast. As she went in, she searched for Sujeong right away and easily spotted the taller girl was having a drink while talking to a colleague. She approached the producer with slow and timid steps. "Hi, Sujeong-nim!"

The latter was elated to have seen her face and without hesitant asked the rookie artist to join her in the seat. The colleague Sujeong was chatting up with had stood up and joined to talk with the others. Jiyeon took that as a cue and sat beside Sujeong on the couch.

"Have you seen your sister?" Sujeong started as she handed Jiyeon a glass of drink which the latter took gladly. "Yeah I saw her in the morning and we had a meal together. I'm happy to spend a little time with her since I don't have schedule today."

Jiyeon looked bright and genuine as she finished her sentence. Sujeong was content to know the girl got to see her only family on holiday which she hadn't got the chance to do due to her idol working life. "That's good to know," the producer remarked and lifted her glass as she clanked the glass with Jiyeon's before both of them began to gulp in the drink.

On the other side, Jisoo and Mijoo were sitting together with Sunggyu and Dongwoo before the two boys left the seats for a while to grab something to eat. Jisoo sipped her drink and munched on nuts that were plated on the table before them.

"Mijoo," she called her significant partner with a low voice like she didn't want anyone to hear her. The other girl raised a brow while looking at her phone screen. She was texting someone and Jisoo was suspecting it to be older Soojung. "Who are you texting?"

"It's Yein. I asked her if Myungeun has finished her schedule or not," she replied before fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter