OST 7

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

[Instrumental played: Lovelyz Baby Soul’s No Better Than Stranger]

The world suddenly only revolved around them. Only Sujeong and Jiyeon were present in the group. Nobody else was there, but only them. Jiyeon’s eyes were evident of anger, upset and betrayed while Sujeong looked at her feeling guilty. They just couldn’t take their eyes off each other, but both with opposite feelings for one another.

That was until Art Producer Kim Minjun cleared his throat and called Jiyeon’s name. Sensing that Jiyeon wasn’t hearing and was distracted with something else, Mijoo nudged her side. “Ms. Jiyeon, PD Kim is calling your name!” It successfully made Jiyeon realized the situation she was in and was finally being conscious with the reality. “Yes sir?”

Just then she noticed not only Sujeong, the person she thought was a friend was in the room but also her favorite idol, Myungeun. What is this?

“I’m the art producer of Soul Music Entertainment, Kim Minjun. This one-“, pointing Sujeong who was beside him. “-is our music producer who’s also our genius music composer, Ryu Sujeong.” The old man introduced and Jiyeon couldn’t be more shocked with the fact. She’s a composer? He resumed with the introduction as this time, it was Myungeun and manager Yein he introduced to Jiyeon. Myungeun was smiling sweetly at her. “Hi Jiyeon-ah, we see each other again!” The singer said gladly.

Honestly speaking, Jiyeon couldn’t feel the same joy to see her again like Myungeun did because she was too preoccupied with the feeling of betrayal. If not for Mijoo who helped her there, she would be labeled as a rude trainee in a short period of time. “Hello, I’m Kim Jiyeon!” The trainee bowed politely as she introduced herself like how a trainee should be to the higher ups.

“From now onwards, I want to let you know that you will be seeing Jin and Sujeong a lot. In fact, from now on, you’ll be working together for your debut next year.” Jiyeon frowned as she was deeply confused. Sensing that, Minjun said further. “It was decided from all the company’s directors and Jin had also agreed to it; that you both will be working as duet singers starting from your debut next year!”

“W-what…?” Jiyeon couldn’t hide how surprise she was. “Am I really debuting next year as Jin-ssi’s partner?” Old man Minjun smiled at the adorable reaction and nodded his head. “Jin will no longer be the solo singer but a part of a group of two.”

“And Ms. Sujeong here is your official composer from now on!” Myungeun said it this time. “She’s my friend from school and had written songs for me from my early debut.” Myungeun explained further. Yein spoke up as well. “I heard that you got scouted for singing Goodnight like Yesterday. It was Sujeong who wrote the song!” More shocking facts to be revealed at her made Jiyeon felt so terrible.

Sujeong who said nothing but inside was feeling just as terrible as Jiyeon did, wanted to settle the night quickly. “Let’s hear the song, shall we?”

*

Jiyeon knew she should let it off and deserve an explanation from Sujeong, but the thought of it hurt her still. It’s not about being deceived of Sujeong’s real identity, but Jiyeon rather felt hurt because she was made off a fool and she thought Sujeong sincerely wanted to be her friend. Turned out Sujeong was a high-ranked staff in the company and Jiyeon was just a trainee who had nothing.

That made Jiyeon distracted and couldn’t focus fully on Shooting Star that was played. By the end of the song, Minjun asked her opinion. “What do you think of it? Can you pull it off?” Jiyeon could say nothing else because she didn’t know what feedback she should give. “It’s beautiful. But I need to hear it again and by then, maybe I’ll know how to do it properly!”

Old man nodded as he spoke next. “Sujeong will send the song to you. Listen to it again and you should start practice. We will hear your singing by next week!”

Mijoo had long left the studio since she got other things to do. Minjun slowly made his own way and Myungeun as well as Yein and Sujeong were the only ones left in the room. Jiyeon was uncomfortable since she’s just a newbie that knew nothing. Myungeun wanted to ease the tension a little but Sujeong cut her to it.

“Myungeun-ah, I need to talk to Ms. Jiyeon for a while about the song. You can go home with Yein first!” The singer wanted to protest but Yein held her back. The couple then retreated from the studio leaving Sujeong and Jiyeon alone. Sujeong meant nothing else than what she just said earlier. To her, there’s no need to explain anything to Jiyeon and let her understand the situation herself. But it seemed like Jiyeon wouldn’t let it get away.

“Why did you do that?” Jiyeon inquired slowly. She tried to act calm and dig a r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter