OST 16

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OST 16

 

It's half a minute before the showcase would start. The venue had been filled by various entertainment reporters, ready to capture the moment and catch up with the news of the debuted girls. Nervous, Jiyeon couldn't help but think of the worst could happen during performance. Her mind was restless and the loud thump of her heart was not of any help.

I:ryz (아이리즈), decided by the company the group name for the girls. Typically should be named as I:ris (Iris, meaning heavenly colours or resemblance of a rainbow) at first but was objected by Mijoo as the art director saying it wasn't creative enough. After turning some letters few rounds, they finally came to a final conclusion at the end.

Jiyeon wasn't sure how she reacted at the name at first, but she came to like it seeing how Myungeun was fond of it after the decision had been made. When asking Sujeong, the girl's reply could have make her heart explode from the heart-fluttering answer.

"It reminds me of you. Rainbow and heaven. So magnificient!"

But now neither girls were present at her sight to help her calm her nerve. Soon she would be facing the real world, the paparazis that she heard countless times from people around her to watch out for, the public that would either take interest or become her haters, Myungeun's countless fans that were protesting this project. Everything scared her.

"What if I mess up the dance?" "What if I can't reach the right notes?" "What if practical mistakes occur like falling down on the stage, microphone slips out of her grip occur during the stages?"

"Kei, few minutes left. The stylist needs to add a touch-up a little more," she heard a staff calling, but she couldn't entirely focus who it was. "Yes," she replied quickly with never-ending anxiety.

She wasn't this nervous during rehearsal but now when the real stage was approaching, she suddenly claimed to have stage-fright. Sensing the restlessness of the younger, Jisoo approached with light steps softly. "Kim Jiyeon."

Hearing her name being called, she turned and found the elder. The first person she met through her journey to enter this entertainment world was Jisoo. And it felt so warm to have the same person to her comfort this time.

"Relax," now putting her arms on both of Jiyeon's small shoulders, Jisoo stared into her eyes with ever so soft gaze. "You need to be collected first, then you'll have the most perfect stages ever!"

It was a really warm and assuring message. Jiyeon was finally able to smile widely and thanked the elder before parting. Jisoo gave her one last "fighting" gesture before giggling and waving to the younger.

Now with calmer nerve and strong determination, Jiyeon convinced herself she would do well.

***

Five minutes countdown before she could go on stage. Myungeun had been pondering alone and almost sulking without anyone knew the reason. They didn't dare to tell her off and nobody could help her feel better.

Before she could be dragged, Myungeun collected her nerve to go ask her managers, Sehee unnie and Hunseok oppa. "Unni, oppa, have you guys seen Yein-nim?"

Her favourite manager had yet to show up or send any congratulatory message and that was infuriating. Myungeun was fed up with Yein's constant behaviors that triggered her anger. She was emotionally tired and Yein was being really annoying this time around.

"Yein? She said she had urgent stuffs to do and wouldn't make it." Lee Hunseok answered, adding to her disappointment. "Why?" Sehee unnie asked at last. "Nothing. I'm just upset she didn't come."

The topic was later dismissed and forgettable (though Myungeun didn't forget to silently curse her girlfriend for being so disturbing) after she had to go on stage. Jiyeon was waiting for her with the adorable expression she wore on her face, and it was plenty to make her feel better (though she placed few more curses in the name of Jung Yein).

***

It had been tough. It had been nerve-wrecking. But they pulled through well. At least Jiyeon thought she did, and there was no other words for Myungeun because she was absolutely amazing like she always had been.

With Sunggyu, a member slash the leader of their labelmate senior Infinite was selected to be the MC of the showcase, the show went on pretty bright and joyful. There was no complain nor objection against him as Myungeun was discreetly quite close with the male idol. Sunggyu made joke around them well, of course he intended to make especially Jiyeon feel comfortable with all the situations.

A reporter, reportedly represent the public, asked a question that had been quite a raise these days, ever since they released their teasers. "Is I:ryz a special project unit or supposed to be a permanent duo?"

It was understandable they were curious since there was no confirmation statement coming from Soul Music, just teasers and a group name and fans were curious if JIN was in the group for good or just temporary.

Everyone eyed the two members, specifically on Jiyeon or now they called as Kei wanting her to sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter