OST 13

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OST 13

 

Myungeun knew well she had to face hell-Yein and everyone else as the consequences after her daring revealation. Although she was anxious, worried and all sorts of the same feelings, Myungeun had to act like she was normal and didn't do anything wrong. Namjoo eyed her celebrity friend in worry before whispering. "What are you saying?"

The singer couldn't tell anything. At least not yet. She wasn't ready. Until the time came, then they would know and understand her.

Myungeun strolled to the backstage with Namjoo keeping her in check. "Are you seriously fine?" The former said she was okay and gave her best smile as though not wanting the latter to be overly worried for nothing.

Yein waited with obvious rage fire emoji in her eyes and the expression of her face. As a manager, not to mention a girlfriend too, had the right to reprimand and scold her reckless action.

"You shouldn't have made the situation worse!"

The fans would know in the end about Myungeun and Jiyeon debuting in a group. To reveal about her dating status would possibly only make the fans more upset and angry.

"I'm sorry," she uttered weakly, unable to retort since she knew this was wrong. Everyone else could only watch and sigh in pity. Yein had all the right to be furious.

Few minutes before Myungeun got on stage again for the next performance, Jiyeon approached with slow steps. The celebrity shot the latter a genuine smile. "Everything's going to be fine. Let's both do well!"

Jiyeon nodded at her words of encouragement. In few more minutes, they'll be performing Jin's latest digital release, First Snow and will be wrapping up the fanmeeting with the last song, Goodnight Like Yesterday. And of course at the end, Jiyeon would soon be exposed to the public.

With nervous heart, Myungeun stepped on the stage while the spotlight was off still until it lightened onn and the music background began to play.

[Song played: Lovelyz's First Snow] 

Jin's voice could be heard singing the first verse.

jeongshin eobtteon haruga kkeunnal ttaemyeon
geudae heunjeogi tto nal chajaojyo
geori soge su maneun chueokdeul
ajikdo meomulleo inneyo
"When a crazy day comes to an end
Traces of you come find me again
Countless memories in the streets
They’re still there"

The audiences were cheering so hard when they heard Myungeun finally sang the song live. They loved the vibe the song gave and their love for Myungeun's emotional voice was over the top of the world.

cheonnuni naerineun geunal bam
nal gieokhalkkayo
geudae gyeote haengbokhhaetdeon nareul
"The night of the first snow
Do you remember me?
I was happy, next to you"

A foreign voice suddenly sang for the chorus and Myungeun didn't even try to hide she didn't sing that part. The whole hall grew quiet, presumably taken aback in confusion. Who was this back up singer? Why was she taking over that much part compared to the original singer?

hayake muldeuldeon bam
nal gieokhaejweoyo
nal ijeobeoriji mayo
"It was a white night
Remember me
Don’t forget me"

There was different sort of reactions in this matter. Some were just enjoying the show without much complain, some were liking how nice the back up voice sounded and some were complaining as they only wanted Myungeun's voice for the entire show without back up singer.

Of course, the 'back up' singer Jiyeon had no idea what's going on and just continuously singing for the next verse.

arayo ireon 
nae mam babo gateunde
ajikdo neul gidarijyo
kkok hanbeonjeumeun nal tteoollyeoyo 
sarajiji anke
"I know
I’m a fool
But I’m still waiting
Please remember me at least once
So I won’t disappear"

Honestly taking this step was kind of risky. Jiyeon wasn't only afraid of the public's reaction but her debut could also damage Jin's image and popularity. What if she destroyed the fame that the celebrity had all these time in a matter of second because of this debut thing?

Once the song finished, only half of the audiences were clapping and cheered after its ending. The other half was probably still in dissatisfaction when they couldn't hear Myungeun singing that song for much. They were that greedy.

Finally the highlight incoming. The light was turned off for a few seconds and the hall was quiet again. Suddenly another song, the last one, started playing.

[Song played: Lovelyz's Goodnight Like Yesterday]

Cheers errupted, overjoyed that they finally hear Jin singing their all-time favourite song after so long. Myungeun's lips curved into a smile at how much her fans gave her supporting cheers like this. She sang her first lines.

Naeilbuteo mot bomyeon neoneun amureochi anheul geoni
Annyeongiran malloman cham swiun geot
Maeil neoui moksorin naege seupgwanboda museounde
Neo honjaseo junbihago geureon yaegi hajima
"If we can’t see each other starting from tomorrow, will you be fine?
It’s so easy by just saying goodbye
My need to hear your voice every day is scarier than my own habits
So don’t prepare yourself alone an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter