Final: OST 20

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final: OST 20
 

The cool breeze of the evening was overwhelming, but it didn’t stop a certain lovely pair on a shopping date to buy a friend a present for a special event. The mentioned pair strolled along the roadside in Hongdae and entered every gift shop they discovered in the town. One of them was a small girl wearing a white rilakkuma mask, long white winter coat paired with white shorts and another one was a much taller girl had a long black pants on, long pink winter coat and her hair was slightly red with bang.

“It feels like we’re buying presents for Christmas,” the taller girl remarked.

“Then let’s pretend we’re her santa for the day,” the shorter beamed. The crutch she had stuck under armpit had been supporting her to walk around while deciding on a final item she would buy as a gift. The other girl would stay by her side and helped her by holding her other arm as well.

The latter glanced around at the crowds that were surrounding outside by the glass window. “You have such composed and nice fans, Kei-ssi. They only came to watch you by the side and didn’t go all obsessive over your appearance in a public place like this.”

Jiyeon chuckled. “Yeah, our fandom is really nice and polite in general. I really like them, Sujeong-ssi.”

“It’s nice,” Sujeong complimented.

The pair soon each picked their own choices and made payment at the counter. Sujeong escorted Jiyeon while the girl had a hard time walking quickly.

The poor girl recently injured herself, precisely in her solo fanmeeting where she fell on stage while doing a dance performance last week. It was quite bad until she could only sing while sitting on the chair to finish the rest of the concert setlist.

This week it was Myungeun’s turn to have her own solo fanmeeting. They were a promised special events for I:ryz’s fans by their new CEO after the duo held successful comebacks, Asia tour concerts and a few other events. Even the member Kei or her real name Kim Jiyeon made it to the final top five when participating for broadcasted girl groups’ vocalists singing competition, Girl Spirit. She gained a lot more supporters and fans thanks to the show.

“Oh yeah,” Jiyeon clasped her hand in late realization after both she and Sujeong got on the latter’s vehicle. “Do we get her a congratulatory flower?” 

Sujeong chuckled in amusement as she softly patted the top of Jiyeon’s head. “Don’t worry, I already got it done and delivered. I didn’t have an event planner friend for nothing,” the girl winked. Jiyeon blushed as she shyly punched her shoulder. “You’re so sly!” she remarked.

The girls had a wonderful time together despite Jiyeon’s condition. They promised to attend and watch Myungeun’s fanmeeting at the same stadium hall Jiyeon had her own fanmeeting last week. They wouldn’t miss a precious friend’s show but would support her with all their hearts. Sujeong was always there to be with Jiyeon whenever she could.

What a lovely girlfriend!

***

The fanmeeting was overwhelmed with fans’ supports, as expected. As a long trainee and artist under the label Soul Music Entertainment, the leader of the group I:ryz, JIN always had fans got her back in everything, even when she was at a lowest when she got herself involved in dating scandals like with Lee Howon back then. 

The former solo singer had a great feelings seeing fans shouting her name along while she was performing. Their supports were really heartwarming.

She was already at the peak of the song she's singing.

*eonjebuteo dangyeonhaejin geolkka
darmabeorin uri du saram bada wi oettan seom gata
neowa hamkke duriseo geotneun jigeumdo
modeun ge kkumman gata kkumirado nan kkaeji anke*

(When did it become so natural?
We came to resemble each other,
Even now as we’re walking together
Everything seems like a dream, I don’t want to awake)
[*Song played: Lovelyz - Getaway (비밀여행)*]

It was one of her songs that Sujeong didn't write for her, but from one of her other close composer/songwriter, OnePiece Team led by Teacher Yoonsang instead while Myungeun wrote the lyrics herself. It was special, because while she sang the song out, she had her fans in mind. But when she wrote the lyrics out, Yein was the one who conquered it all.

The performance was beautiful with the fans sang along while holding their official fandom lightstick up and waved it in the air. Myungeun was utterly grateful that she had to hold back her emotions because she was just about to cry.

The MC for the fanmeeting was one of her close male acquaintances from the entertainment world, Uncle Lee Sugeun. The senior comedian agreed immediately when asked if he wanted to help both of the I:ryz's members' solo fanmeetings without a hitch since he basically lived in the same neighbourhood as the girls and often treated them food.

He came up to the stage from the back right after the music of the song went off with a mic in his grip and a script card in his another grip. "Wow, that was hot!" he commented in his usual husky voice and cheeky laugh. "Our Jin-yang's singing could always pull the fans to be united. I just got goosebumps when I heard the whole stadium was singing along to Jin-yang's romantic voice," he's just always that talkative and knew how to make the viewers felt good.

"The power of Jin-yang and I:ryz's fans are no joke!" he commented wittily and laughed afterwards, gaining good response from the audience. "I heard Kei-yang came today. What do you say about it?" he started to follow the script and asked an official question.

"I'm really thankful to my one and only member, my sister, my best friend and my second family, Kei-ssi who came to support me today although she had a leg injury," she got emotional when talking about Jiyeon, but she wasn't about to cry. 

"Right, she fell on this same stage last week. I was with her and it was too bad I couldn't help her that much," Uncle Sugeun uttered regretfully. Some fans were trying to encourage him and cheer him up. "It's okay!" "Don't feel bad!" "Thank you Uncle Sugeun!"

"Aww, I feel a lot better now that you cheered me up," he cooed. "As expected, this fandom is the best!" he talked to the audience like the fans were his alongside the main character of the fanmeeting. "Everyone, let's pray for our Kei-yang to recover faster and safe. Let's also pray for both members of I:ryz, Jin and Kei to be blessed with physical and mental health," he encouraged the fandom.

"That's true. Dear fans, please pray for our *Kkot!Kei-nim's speedy recovery and wish she can join me on stage soon," Myungeun played along. The subject of the topic became emotional and touched at how much genuine concerns she received from the people around her, more than she thought she could have.

"We're already at the end of this fanmeeting," Uncle Sugeun was about to give the closure speech. "Our Jin-yang prepared this encore stage for all the fans around the world. Special for you guys, here's JIN with Goodnight Like Yesterday," the crowd cheered in joy. It was Myungeun's debut song, how could they not get overjoyed by this peformance?

Differed from Kei who chose to sing Western Sky for her encore, it didn't make any of the two encores any less special. Both had their ways to tug the fans' heartstrings, and they just made the fans loved them more.

It's a favourite moment of the day, the encore stage with a song as special as Goodnight Like Yesterday.

[*Song played: Lovelyz - Goodnight Like Yesterday (live band version)*]

*naeilbuteo mot bomyeon neoneun amureochi anheul geoni
annyeongiran malloman cham swiun geot
maeil neoui moksorin naege seupgwanboda museounde
neo honjaseo junbihago geureon yaegi hajima
(If we can’t see each other starting from tomorrow, will you be fine?
It’s so easy by just saying goodbye
My need to hear your voice every day is scarier than my own habits
So don’t prepare yourself alone and say those things)

The beginning of the song already got loud cheers from the audience. It made Myungeun felt good that her very first song still got this big reaction even after so long.

This song also made her felt nostalgic. From her school days alongside Yein and Sujeong, then the three of them would often hang out after school together, going karaoke, eating snacks and so on. There was Sujeong with her guitar or piano, writing this very same song and let Myungeun be honoured to sing it and sent the demo to the agency. Now that she thought about it over, there were so much memories that she could cherish forever.

jigeum naega ulmyeon da kkeutnal geot gataseo
dareun saenggak haebwado nunmuri heulleo
(If I cry right now, it seems like it would be over
So I try thinking of something else but tears are falling)

The crowd began to sing along like they always did whenever she sang this song. The whole stadium made a huge wave of sound as they sang in great harmony.

eojecheoreom gutnait amu ildo eopdeon geotcheoreom
ibyeoldaesin gutnait naeil ni mam bakkwilji molla
harutbamman annyeong
naeireun da gwaenchanheul geoya
dasin an bol saramdeul haneun geu annyeongi anin geoljido molla
(Good night like yesterday, as if nothing is wrong
Instead of good bye, good night, you might change your mind tomorrow
Good bye just for one night, everything will be okay
It might not be the kind of goodbye people say when they’re never seeing each other again)

Myungeun began to tear up as the end of the song was approaching. The fans gave so much emotions within her heart that she couldn't suppress her tears any longer. Rather than shedding tears of sadness, they were a symbol of joy.

haji mara gutbai
geureon seulpeun natseon eolgullo
nareul ana bwabwa geureom ni mam bakkwilji molla
niga johahaetdeon pyojeongeul na jieobollaedo
jakku motnan eolgullo nunmuri heulleoseo
neoreul bol su eobtjanha*
(A good bye that shouldn’t happen,
With that kind of sad and unfamiliar face
Hug me, then you might change your mind
I try making the face that you used to like
But my face keeps getting ugly with tears flowing down
So I can’t even look at you)

This was the sound of her heart, she decided, as her heart, the music and the fans' voices beat as one.

***

"I'm glad you survived from falling on stag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter