OST 1

Soundtrack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OST 1

OST Played: Lovelyz's Goodnight Like Yesterday

Click! Click! Click!

She's standing beautifully in the eyes of the reporters and audiences on the prestigious stage to receive an honourable award and retrieve her trophy. Her fans were shouting her name loudly, proud of her idol receiving the award for 'Best Vocal Performance - Female Solo' which along the line of her competitors were Kim Taeyeon, Ailee, and IU.

"JIN-ssi, please say a word or two for your speech," said the MC, and Myungeun gladfully stood before the mike to say the things that she wanted to say. 

"Firstly, I would like to say thank you to the CEO of Soul Music, all the staff members, stylist unnie, manager unnie, manager oppa for all the time they had taken care of me and make me the artist that you all have watched me now, not forgetting the composer and lyricist for the great song 'Farewell Chapter 1' (imagine acoustic version) Ryu Sujeong seongsaengnim, and most of all my fans, my babies, who give me never-ending support and love-" fans began to cheer in riot, "and all the seniors that I go againts tonight, senior Taeyeon, senior Ailee and senior IU who I have thought not as rivals but my own sisters-" the camera went to shoot all the seniors mentioned and people could watch through the VCR that all of them were beaming proudly. Myungeun was right, they're all like close sisters instead of rivals and they would even sometimes had their own hangouts and had the ideas to do collaboration someday - "Also my parents who couldn't attend today but watch this live at home now, Jooeun unnie who continue to give their love and supportive messages, and lastly I would say thank you to one of the best managers I ever have, who always tells me how pretty I am and how well I sing, the one who never fails to compliment me everyday, thank you very much. I love you all!"

Myungeun walked backstage after receiving the award and ending her speech and there she was, one of the best managers she had mentioned earlier was waiting for her there. Running slowly and beaming widely, she then soon found herself leaping in the manager's embrace, Jung Yein.

"I'm so proud of you," muttered Yein and Myungeun couldn't be more content to hear that.

"I love you."

Myungeun had a secret, and that was dating her manager - a girl, secretly without her fans and the public knowing meanwhile all of the close staff members of Soul Music Entertainment, the CEO Lee Soojung, the music director Lee Mijoo, scouter Seo Jisoo and her music producer Ryu Sujeong.

"I suggest you not to kiss here or you'll find yourself in a crowd of reporters to have Q&A session," the secret lovers heard someone said and turned around to find one of their close friends, and also the composer of JIN's song, Ryu Sujeong. Myungeun and Yein parted from their hug and sheepishly looked away.

Sujeong chuckled at both of them and moved forward to get closer. "Congrates on the awards, Ms. JIN. I would like to say I'm really proud of you," uttered Sujeong at the solo artist. Myungeun beamed proudly.

"I would like to say I wouldn't have made it if not for the great composer, Ryu Sujeong," joked Myungeun. Sujeong plastered a smug smile. "Of course!"

Yein playfully hit Sujeong's chest with her fist and the two acquaintances laughed in unison along with Myungeun. 

*

It has been a few years since JIN won with 'Farewell Chapter 1' in category 'Best Vocal Performance' award and since then, Sujeong has stopped writing songs to give way for other composers to write song for the artist instead. But none of the songs that JIN had come back for the past few years had JIN won any award and it's upsetting the fans and also the company.

JIN had stopped coming back with good songs ever since Ryu Sujeong stopped writing songs for her.

Ryu-nim, please come back with your good composed songs ㅠ.ㅠ

I want JIN to work with Ryu Sujeong again ㅠ.ㅠ

JIN should stop promoting if she's going to come back with crap songs ㅋㅋㅋ

All the comments written by the netizents not only hurt Myungeun's feelings but also Sujeong, Yein and the people around her.

"You should start writing song again," said Yein in attempt to make Sujeong realizes how a big hit the song she made all these while so that she can regain composure again and does what had always been her hobby and passion. "But I lost my muse," replied Sujeong dejectedly.

True enough, Sujeong stopped released her composed songs since 'Farewell Chapter 1' because the inspiriation she had, the muse that she had imagined all the time when she wrote songs, had suddenly disappeared into the thin air. She didn't know what to do further, thus decided to pass all the writing-song works to her junior composers instead and became solely the music producer for Soul Music Entertainment like suggested by the CEO.

"You need a momentary break, and then start writing songs again," adviced older Soojung and little Sujeong agreed. But the momentary break that she had mentioned had become a long hiatus. The art director in frustration stated her opinion sarcastically during the meeting for staff members - "You have become the major factor for JIN's failure," which had Sujeong lowered her head in shame. "Lee Mijoo!" warned older Soojung then Mijoo shut . 

"Maybe, you need a lover," suggested Jisoo, the scout team out of nowhere which brought a scoff from both Sujeong and Mijoo and had they laughed ridiculously but older Soojung surprisingly agreed with Jisoo.

"Maybe Jisoo's not so wrong after all. Maybe you do need a lover. You have been lonely all your life anyway."

But Sujeong hated at the idea of dating, because she had been hurt by someone she loved in the past.

*

Entering her own working space, the place that she had always gone to and wrote songs there with all the equipments given in the room, Sujeong painfully ran her fingers through the piano keys. "Go to the room and find your muse again!" commanded older Soojung to her and little Sujeong agreed reluctantly, resulting to where she was standing. 

Ever since Sujeong joined Soul Music and older Soojung recognized her talent in writing and composing, she then prepared the music instruments, computers and all other equipments and even provided little Sujeong a private room since she'll be using them a lot to make music. And rightly enough, older Soojung never made a mistake to hire little Sujeong and provide all the conveniences except for these past few years. 

"I don't want the money that I invest go provide them for you will be gone to waste!" said her further. Sujeong relented.

She then settled on the chair that she used to sit before, then grabbed her favorite guitar, the one that she bought with Yein personally during her early days working in the company and ran her fingers through the strings.

Because of the same guitar, Sujeong managed to produce good songs and made JIN the top artist that she is now! But the guitar wasn't really the factor for the songs she made, but the person who purchased it for her personally.

And yes, Sujeong wasn't the one who took out her own penny and bought the guitar for herself but Jung Yein, her bestfriend since school who purchased and gave it to her, as a gift, like Yein said as a congratulation from her for beginning her career as a composer like she had always dream of.

And yes once again, Jung Yein was the muse, the inspiration for Sujeong to write songs because Yein was the person she loved silently in the past but now that the girl she loved had someone else in her arms and Sujeong had moved on, Ryu Sujeong lost the muse and inspiration to write song again. 

Sigh. "I'm a real loser."

*

After the end of year music festival, and Myungeun had won the award and her other close friends, the seniors that she go againts for female artist's awards, Taeyeon, Ailee and IU and even Eunji who wasn't nominated in the 'Best Vocal Performance' award gathered together to have a meal and drink at their usual bar for hangouts.

Taeyeon won for the category 'Best Female Artist' and Eunji won 'Best Drama OST' and it was a fair share for all of them ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter