BEFORE THE PRESENTATION

The Cold Heart

CHAPTER 23: BEFORE THE PRESENTATION

At London.

“Hello everyone I called you all today to discuss something before I leave again the company.”

“What CEO you are leaving again we thought you are here for good.”

“Oh no I am here just to fix the fix the problem occurred here and after that I  will be back to Thailand again because I need to continue to fix the company there and I am still studying there the company is in good hands of I will monitor still monitor the company and the other branches.”

“How long you will be back here again CEO.”

“We will see when that will happen. Right now we need to discuss more important thing so I’ve called you all to discuss the new project the Thailand branch will do and it is Multi Agricultural Resort.”

”What an agricultural resort why an agricultural resort?”

“It’s because I want to be bring the province to city especially in the middle of the city.”

“In the city isn’t that its very air polluted CEO?”

“Well your right but it will be one of a kind resort in the city, it will be in a greenhouse there will be a lot trees will be planted to have a less pollution to be.”

“Really CEO well I think that will be great, so when you will be back to Thailand?”

“In 3 days because I need to catch up for the presentation we will present in school and my wife needs me there.”

“What did you say CEO, WIFE?”

“Yes, why?”

“How, When, Where?”

“I thought the whole company knows it?”

“I think not CEO.’”

“Ok we been married for a year and we will soon celebrate our 2nd anniversary and we got married in US because we were already in a fix marriage while we were in our mom’s tummy.”

“Well was it easy to be a married person CEO?”

“At first it’s not but as time pass by everything went well.”

“Really CEO? Is she beautiful?”

“Uhmmn! Yes she is…wait I have her picture in phone I will show you……..here.”

“WOW! Is this really her?”

“Yeah that’s her.”

“WOW! CEO you hit a jackpot.”

“Yeah I think I did?”

“What do you mean CEO you think you actually did.”

“Haha, very funny Dan.”

“So CEO have you?”

“Have what Dan?”

“You know CEO.”

“What are you talking will you say it already!”

“Ok I will just change the question, the question is… Is she good?”

“Yeah she is good.”

“Really?”

“Yeah she is good also in business.” Dan hearing that reply from Tina made him lose his interest so he ask her again because she didn’t gets the question really well.

“No I mean CEO is… is she good in that…..”

“For heaven’s sake Dan can you say it already?”

“Is she good in bed?”

“What1 is that the question you were asking?”

“Well yeah CEO so how is she?” before Tina could utter one word she slap Dan’s head quite hard.

“OUCH! CEO that hurts.”

“Good for you, how could you ask that kind of question.”

“Well I was just curious.”

“Curious in your face.” Tina was about to slap Dan’s head but Dan immediately covered his head.

“UH-uh, so CEO is she?”

“You maniac.”

“Hey CEO I’m not Maniac that is called being open minded.”

“You want another slap in the head.”

“NOH!!!!!”

“Ok, well the answer to your question is I DON’T KNOW.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“It’s because we haven’t done that yet.”

“Really for a year CEO?”

“Yes.”

“Wow how did you handle your urge then CEO?” Dan say it in a teasing way while repeating raising his eye brows.

“Will you shut up what urge you talking, of course I respect her and besides we our still young in that kind.”

“While fighting your urge not knowing your wife did you take it to other woman instead?”

“The heck Dan where are you getting those I’m faithful to my wife I’m not like you to your girlfriend. If you knew if the girls are only coming to me to ask  a question Aom really scares them off she’s more scarier than a ghost especially when she’s angry she will look at you like she is going to look inside your soul and take it, geeeeezzzz sometimes it gives me creep.”

“Ha-ha you are scared to you wife.”

“I’m not it’s just she’s like like Hitler when she in beast mode but when she crying you don’t understand the feeling it like she will make you really feel sad well I don’t know really how to explain it and when she’s smiling she will really makes you fall on to her she will melt you heart in her smile and she can make you fall in love with her smile only and to her beauty wow I don’t know what I can say well she has that undeniable beauty.”

“Really?”

“When you will meet her personally you’ll will see what I meant.”

“I hope I can see her soon.”

“Oh you see her.”

“Come on we have to go. We need to finalize the papers for the resort.”

At Thailand Aom is very busy finalizing the presentation exactly what Tina told her to do while she is busy working on the presentation she remembered what her father told to her.

“Baby? Well I want really to have a baby I want to have a family of my own, what will Tina might think I told her this, will she agreed to it or will she like to have a family but I know she likes also to have a baby. Oh! Aom what are you talking about isn’t too early to have a baby but I want to have really a baby.

After that moment Aom was always thinking about the baby whether they will have an adoption or the 9 months. 2 days to go the presentation is nearly coming, at the school garden Aom is sitting by herself thinking random stuffs then Jane and Puey were passing by they saw Aom sitting alone and due to curiosity they approach her to know what is happening.

“Hey Aom what are you thinking?

“Ah, hey Jane, Puey nothing.”

“Is Tina also included that deep thinking of yours?” Jane saying while taking their seats beside Aom.

“Oh come on Aom we know she is what you’re thinking of.”

“WHAT??? No!”

“Oh come on Aom we know you….well Tina is quite gone for a long time I do believe you miss her?”

“Ok-ok-ok alright I do miss her a lot it’s like my day is not complete without her presence.”

“See you admit it….so how’s the two of you?”

“We are both ok still the same even do she is far.”

“And in 2 days it’s our presentation by the way when she will come back?”

“Well according to our conversation she might not come on the day of our presentation because she is very busy with the entire company.”

“So you will only be the one to present it to our jury?”

 “Yeah but she will try make it up.”

“I hope she make it on time.”

“I do hope so Puey.”

“Enough with the drama come on tell us what is that you been thinking.”

“Ah, it’s nothing important.”

“Come on Aom tell us were your friends.”

“Yeah I know that Jane but this one is a private thing that I and Tina can only discuss.”

“Well we respect you so we won’t force you to spit it out, come on we have to go maybe Mr. Kahng will be looking for us.”

“You are right Puey, we will meet Mr. Kahng for the result of the group project.”

“Come on lets go all together then together.” And the three of them went to the faculty of Mr. Kahng upon arriving in the faculty everyone in the room was looking at them especially to Aom.

Aom whispering to Puey.”Puey why are they looking at us?” then Puey replied back “I think they are looking at you. Aom replied back “What?” Jane inserted “Look at everyone they focus looking at you.” Then Aom diverted her look at the people then she saw everyone is really looking at her and when she was about to speak there was someone who spoke at their back.

“Oh! You are here now.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Is it bad to here?”

“No it’s just that.”

“I don’t have something to do in the company so I went here to check the university and beside cousin is not here to monitor the university and I need also to get some reports about the university.”

Mr. Kahng inserted. “Miss Aom you didn’t tell us that you know the Head of the Marketing of Luxury Bloodline Company.

“Well I think I don’t think I should also be telling you those things also Mr. Kahng.”

“Ah your right who am I to tell all the things that you knew.”

“No, it’s ok Mr. Kahng.”

“Uhmn, can ask you to have a lunch with me.”

“Uhmn?”

“Please!”

“Ok, but I need to be back early because I have a very important thing to do.”

“What is it?”

“You don’t have to know.”

“Come on tell me I might can help you.”

“No, It is ok I can do it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m sure.”

“Ok let’s go?”

“Ok.”

“We will be going ahead.”

“Ok,”

Then Aom and Mike went off while walking in the corridor mostly the students are looking at them whispering to each other which made Aom bend her head down then walk straight ahead until they reach the school parking lot.

“Aom is there any problem?”

“Ah no there’s no problem why’d you ask?”

“Nothing you look so bother while we were walking back there.”

“Do I really look that way?”

 “Uhmn? Quite.”

But in Aom’s mind she is really uncomfortable with Mike presence but she don’t just show it to Mike even Tina didn’t know about this. Then they step in the car and drove off.

*FLASHBACK*

Mike, Tina’s adoptive cousin I figured this out only when Mike told it to me by himself. As the day goes Mike is keeping on getting himself close to me which makes me wonder why and the most shocking question he asked is…

“Do you have a boyfriend Aom?”

This question really made me shock because I thought Mike knows about me and Tina. When I was to say something Mike lean forward and about to kiss me but before he comes near me I slap him and I step backward to get my distance away to him.

“What do you think you’re doing Mike?”

“Why? What’s wrong Aom? Your single right and you don’t have a boyfriend I think there’s nothing wrong with that?”

“What the hell Mike, if you think I am that kind of girl for your information I am not……Aom saying in high tone.”

“Oh really I know you are.”

“Do you really know me Mike?”

“Yes I know you, you are Tina’s classmate at University and you are staying here to get close to Tina in other words you are a social climber….Mike saying in insulting tone.”

“Huh Huh I couldn’t believe you all this time you were thinking I was kind of that person. How their you to say I was a social climber….Aom step forward to slap Mike but Mike caught Aom hand and had a hard grip on it and push her to the wall of Aom’s room forcedly.”

“Tell me how I get you how much my cousin pay you I can double it or triple it if you want.”

“Huh? What are you talking about, Mike I am hurting release my hand.”

“No I won’t do it, why Aom can’t you see all this time I was getting your attention you won’t notice it and when Tina was gone I thought this my chance to get close to you because you and Tina is very close you even stay in same room that makes me wonder are you really Tina’s classmate or are you Tina’s past time tell me which of the two is you?.....Mike tighten his grip on Aom’s hand.”

“Huh? I am not in those you are telling me and I am not Tina’s past time.”

“Then what is your relationship to Tina then tell me……but  Aom didn’t respond immediately because she is thinking about Tina and Mike spoke again…..Tell me Aom what is your relationship to Tina?.... Mike holds Aom left hand and tighten his grip on, Aom was getting hurt but she didn’t show it to him.”

“Why can’t you see Aom that I like you since this past months I tried everything for you to notice it but why can’t you see it your attention is always at Tina. Tell me what thus Tina had that I don’t have and if you are with I can sense that you are comfortable.”


”Good thing that you know Mike and there are lot of things that Tina have that you don’t have.”

“Tell me then what is it? …..Mike saying it mad tone and his grip became tighter.”

“Mike I hurt. Aom saying in a pleading way.”

“No I won’t unless you tell me what is that Tina have that I don’t have.  …..Mike in mad voice”

“Why would I tell you?”

“Ok you won’t tell me, ah yeah there is one thing Tina don’t have that part of a man and I guess I can make you happy than Tina. …..Mike slowly leaning to Aom when there is someone knock at the door which makes Mike stop his action when the door knob sounded to start unlock, Mike releases his grip on Aom  and move backward and seated on the edge of the bed then one of the maid spoke.”

“Hello ma’am….and the maid notice that Mike was there…. And Hello Sir…. Then she look back to Aom… Ma’am there is a mail downstairs waiting for you. ‘To me?’ Yes ma’am ‘Ok I will be there in a minute.’ Ok ma’am. …. when the maid was gone Mike immediately stand walk towards Aom.”

“We are not done yet… then Aom walk towards the door and open it and taking a last glance Aom leaving a smirk to her and when Mike slowly close the door once the was close Aom broke down she was on the floor being feared what will Mike do to her as Tina is not here yet.”

“Should I tell Tina about what happened to me and Mike……No I won’t tell it to her.”

As the days goes by Mike is still trying to get Aom’s attention but Aom on the other hand is just shaking it off but due to Mike attitude that he wants to have all the things he wants he will do everything to have it doesn’t matter to him if he step on someone as long he have that thing he wants as another day past by the day of the presentation is here so for her to not see or talk to Mike she went out of the house immediately and headed to Puey’s house. Upon arriving to Pueys house she immediately went out from the car and headed to Puey’s room and when she reach Aom she saw Puey and Jane working on finalizing their presentation. When Puey and Jane saw Aom they were surprise of her presence.

“Aom what are you doing here?”

“I came here because I don’t like to stay in the house Jane. ….and throw herself on the bed.”

“Why Aom something happened, is Mike wasn’t there to accompany you?”

“Puey he’s back at the house.”

“Then why you came suddenly here without our notice?”

Instead of saying it to my friends why I don’t want to stay at the mansion was because of Mike I don’t like his presence there well I just don’t want to say anything to Tina about Mike because she is her cousin.

“Hello earth to Aom are you there?”

“Ahh yeah what is it Puey?”

“You were out while I was talking were you?”

“Ahh sorry I was thinking lot of things lately.”

“Well I can’t blame you because was gone in a long week and she left you lot of things.”

“It’s okay for me I understand Tina situation actually Tina had the hardest part because she running a huge company which has a lot of branches worldwide plus our company added. I feel pity for her.”

“Wow Aom is that you really?”

“Naahhh!! What are you talking about Puey?”

“Because the Aom I know is moody and what is that again? Jane inserted “Bossy” Yeah that’s it. … then Jane and Puey take their high five which made Aom get up from the bed and stared  at them like very mad and that makes Puey and Jane stop what they are doing.”

“AH!!! She is mad come on we better continue the presentation Jane. …..Yeah we better continue it Puey tie is clicking, Uhmn Aom we just going to finish our presentation okay? ….then Puey and Jane stand up and walk towards the table…. You think you can get away with it just like that. Aom stand up and walks toward the two to do something but her phone rang which made Aom caught her attention because the call was from the person she was waiting so she immediately run the phone is and answered it. …Hello hubby? ….in a happy ton. Aom where are you? ..... I’m here at…… when she was about to say where she at the line was cut. …Hello, Tina, hello, Tina, hello, hello, Huh?  Why, what happened Aom? The line was cut. Huh? Try again call her. Okay. Then Aom called Tina’s phone but it cannot be reach she tried it 3 more times but it was not reachable. May be Aom she is busy she is just asking whether the presentation had started. I think maybe that the reason she called. So she is not really going to come for the presentation. Yeah maybe there are lots of emergency in the company at London and the other branches that she need to finish that is more important I can do this on my own. I understand you Aom come on we better prepare now because we have only an hour to prepare for the presentation.”

At the J mansion Mike woke up and headed downstairs and saw break was already prepared so he went to take his seat and started eating on the middle of his eating he notice Aom wasn’t coming down to have her breakfast, he keeps on checking the time it’s nearly 8:30 so when he saw one the maids he asked the maid. “Uhmn, where is Aom? ...Sir she left early. Did she tell you where she would be going? No sir. Ah okay thank you. Okay sir. And mike respond with a just a smile then the maid left. Why did she left early? Is she avoiding me? Where is she?.....after thinking where Aom could be he then remembered the date of today it’s Aom presentation today so he immediately finished his breakfast and went to his room to get dress after that he went downstairs and drove off to the university.”