MIKE???

The Cold Heart

CHAPTER 21: MIKE?

 

At the library Tina and Mike is talking……

“What are you doing here Mike?”

“Is that the way you greet your cousin that you haven’t seen for a long time?”

“The hell Mike! Where are you all this years and where is Uncle Jack?”

“About dad he passed away a year ago.”

“So why you haven’t any one of us?”

“Well, I don’t know what to say.”

“What the heck Mike we are our family here why didn’t you tell us and how did Uncle died by the way?”

“He died because of lung cancer, I want to go back to London after the burial but something is pulling back so I decided to go back and after 2 months I did go back to London when I reach London immediately went to the house but when I got I asked for you but they said you and Hongyok are in Thailand for business so I went here.”

“And hoe did you find our address by the way?”

“I went and asked the main company were I can locate you so they gave me our address?”

“Ok ok, so where are you with all this years?”
“Dad send me to Berlin to study there as I graduate dad help me find a job, he entered me at Berlin branch I worked there for 2 years now and resign to find you and I did.”

“So you don’t have a job now since you’re considered part of the family I will put you to a position you are worthy so what exactly you in college and what position were you assigned in Berlin?”

“I graduated Business Administration major in Marketing and the position I was assigned was none I was just one the regular employee at Berlin branch.”

“For 2 years you said Mike that was your job how come don’t I will put you in a better position since you graduated as a marketing student I will make you as the head of the marketing department in the company and if you do well in your job I might be putting you in a higher position I will let you try your best to contribute to the company remember if you fail I will put you to a lower position or maybe I will return you to the position you were in Berlin branch do you understand?”

“Yes cousin I do understand I won’t fail you.”

“Good then you can go now to your room I do believe you do remember where your room is?”

“Yes Tina I still remember.” Then Mike walk out from the library and went to his room.”

After Mike was out from the library Tina started to think about many things like Mike real reason showing up so sudden.

“Why now Mike? Why did you come back I thought you were gone for good. What is your real intention of coming back? ”

At Mikes room. “Whoa! This is still the same 15 years ago. My collection is still here.” And Mike started to unpack his baggage and putted his clothes one by one at the wardrobe. After 20 minutes of unpacking he laid to his bed and while he was lying on his bed she remembered the girl beside Tina he saw a while ago he was captured by her beauty. “I wonder who is she is I think Tina knows her should I go and ask her?” saying it himself.

At Manaying residence “Aom I called you here because I need to discuss on you something you know Tina started to take over the Manaying Group of Companies and that means she’s having a 2 major companies running and she has a heavier responsibilities. So I I want you to be on her side to help her in managing the companies and always as her partner in life you need also to make her happy and make her satisfy all her needs cause that’s your responsibility as her partner.”

“I know that dad, Dad I think Tina might not be ready to take over the company at the same time she’s too young and  I also I think you should wait for us to graduate because we are studying also we might not be able to manage our time wisely.”

“Dear, we believe that you and Tina can do this besides Tina is incredible in the world of business being so young to make a small company into a multi billionaire company not just in one place but in the entire globe.”

“I know that Mom but I’m just concern on our responsibility also in school and time management. Well Tina will not be regular on school because she needs to check on the entire branches worldwide every month then if she comes back home she is tired from the trip and then she needs to back to school to catch up to the miss lessons. I don’t want to be widowed at an early age mom, dad.”

“Ha-ha! Don’t think that way I know Tina won’t let that happen she loves you dearly.”

“That’s not funny the way you are doing is slowly killing her.”

“Ok-ok-ok my dear I will help her in managing the company but in one condition.”

“What is it Dad?”

“Give me a grandchild.”

“WHAT!!! Dad what are you thinking you know we are still young!”

“The better it is while you are still young and have a baby well you are still young as the child grow and we are still young also to play with our grandchild.”

“DAD!!!” shouted to her dad

“I’m just joking dear but it’s better if you can give us early.” Mr. Manaying said pleasingly

“Well about we haven’t talk about that that thing and may be that will be a long enough to happen.”

“Dear please tell Tina to come here on Tuesday for a lunch you can also bring our to fiends that I me on the hospital.”

“Why? What’s the occasion Mom?”

“No there’s no occasion I just want to see Tina and your friends I haven’t seen them for a while now.”

“Ok mom I will tell it to them.”

 

*TUESDAY LUNCH*

Tina, Aom, Puey, Jane, arrives at the Manaying mansion.

“Everyone is here now, come let’s go outside in the garden to have our lunch there.”                                   

“So why mom why did you call us?”

“A nothing Tina dear we want just want you to be here.”

“Ah ok.”

So they walk all their way to the garden and as they reach the area they had their own topic discussing like for Aom and Tina they are wondering why Mr. & Mrs. Manaying called them and for Jane and Puey they are wondering also why they were called at the Manaying residence while they are busy chit-chatting their own agenda they were interrupted by Mrs. Manaying.

“So everyone please take your seat so we can have our lunch.”

 So they take all their seats and of course Tina assisted Aom to have her seat and everyone was looking at them and when take her seat.

“Thank you Hubby!” Tina just smiled to Aom’s endearment to her and took her seat also and when Aom look at her parents. “Why?” Aom’s face is full of wondering.

“Ah? Nothing honey I think the accident really help to keep you attached more to each other.”

“What are you talking about mom?”

“What I mean dear is since you were married you are both cold to each other especially to Tina and since the incident happen you two become closer than ever before.”

“Ahhh…..Yeah I think the incident really help well.” Then she look at Tina while Tina was looking back with a smile and holds Aom’s hand.

“I think we should start eating before all the food start to get cold.”

Then they started eating and discuss many things about Aom’s childhood days same with Tina and for Jane and Puey they introduced their selves formally, what were their family businesses throughout the conversation they all got long each other during their lunch together and in the middle of their talk there was a question that Tina and Aom got shocked especially Puey and Jane.

“So Tina wen do you plan on giving us grandchildren?” while Tina was eating she was shocked that she almost throw up the food inside to what Mrs. Manaying just said.

“Wah-wah- what mom?” saying it while whipping and Aom taping her back.

“I said when do you plan on giving us a grandchild?”

“Uhmmm?” the n she look at Aom

Tina added. “We-well mom we haven’t talk about that yet.”

“Well think it about it as soon as possible because we wanted a grandchild.” Mrs. Manaying said teasingly.

Aom interfered. “Okay mom we will talk about it when we get home.” And Tina got shocked to what Aom had just said. Then they stared eating until they were all done.

After their lunch they begin to start talking again about their own lives while Mr. Manaying stood up and excuse himself and she excuse Tina also because he have something to tell to Tina privately and Tina stood up and excuse herself from everyone and followed Mr. Manaying. At the garden everyone was left wondering how important what Mr. Manaying will tell to Tina that he needs to talk it in privately.

“Tina?”

“Yes dad what is it you going to tell me?”

“Ok I will talk to you straightly, who is the guy I saw at your house?”

“Who’s guy dad, the one who is just new at the house you were referring?

“Yes Tina who is he?”

“Ah he’s my cousin dad?’”

“Cousin?”

“Yeah, he is my one and only cousin.”

“Cousin, how come? I thought?”

“He is my adoptive cousin dad.”

“Adoptive! How come I didn’t know that since you and when I met you parent’s.”

“Well Uncle Jack had been studying in US and had been working in Finland for a couple of years. Grandpa adopted Uncle Jack when he was 1 year old because they thought they weren’t going to have a child of their own and before Uncle Jack turns 2 years old they never thought that grandma would conceive a baby they were so happy when they found out grandma was pregnant.”

“So what happen to Jack then?”

“Just any other child they treated him as their own child and as dad grow up Uncle Jack was getting jealous because of the treatment Dad is getting from grandma and grandpa and when the time had come for Uncle Jack to enter college they send him to US to study business there, it was away also to separate him to dad because as they grew together Uncle Jack was never been so close to dad, he keeps on avoiding and hating dad and Uncle had a brawl because of grandpa’s attention. When grandpa found it out of course because of that grandpa really got mad especially to Uncle Jack so he send him to US to be away to dad, he said he will never go  back Thailand until he will not change especially his attitude and behavior towards other especially to his brother. Uncle Jack protested what grandpa said but because Uncle Jack cannot do anything he obeyed grandpa decision before leaving Thailand grandpa and dad and uncle had a fight because grandpa is favoring on dad but they had a serious talk regarding about that matter and it was quite ok  until uncle left Thailand.”

“How come Shun never mentioned anything about this?

“It’s because this is a family secret that everyone must not know.”

“Does Aom know about this?”

“I’m not sure Dad?”

 “Ok.”

“Dad please don’t tell this everyone yet.”

“Ok sure, well we better go back they might be looking for us.”

“We better should be.”

After the conversation Tina and Mr. Manaying didn’t talk it about it anymore.

******************************************************************

I hope you like it.......it will take time again for me to update my story.