Finding Yoona

His Story, Her Story... Their Story

 

There is an evident tension within the room, an awkwardness as the words remain frozen within our breath, unable to be said. I raise my eyebrow in curiosity, twisting my head to Nichkhun questioningly as he presses his hand upon Taecyeon’s back. Taecyeon is somewhat distraught by the sudden situation that I have no knowledge of and I can’t help but think that there may be some fault in my actions. The moments that they conversed passed me in a busied haze that I was unable to follow, standing idly by as she shifts her weight towards the door and rushed out of the apartment. I have never seen my sister so distraught that it pains me to see her in that state. I want to heal the situation but I can’t.
 
 
“What is going on?” I manage to ask as I pace myself back and forth. My eyes immediately switched to the door, imagining the faint steps approaching it, barely audible in my ears. I brush the tips of my slender fingers upon Nichkhun’s sleeve as he turns, his face clearly visible in the blaring light that he stood beneath. 
 
 
“Why did Yoona leave so suddenly?” Worry is evident in my tone, growing impatient as I wait for an answer, “I need the full story!”
 
 
Nichkhun raises his hands from his side, the coolness of his palms rushing to my skin as he presses them upon my shoulders. “Calm down. You shouldn’t be so stressed in your condition,” his breath feels warm against my neck, tingling as he leans his head closer, avoiding the unnecessary attention of the guests who surround us. I can’t believe his attitude, the uncaring quality within his words. She is my sister, of course I should have been stressed. There must be something in his water which makes him think that I will buy every word he says. But unfortunately, it’s not working.
 
 
“I would be calm if I knew where my sister is!” venom seeps from my eyes, fire burning within me. 
 
 
I shot a distasteful glare, directing it towards Taecyeon who has settled into the chair across the room. His head is buried within his hands, the anxiety overwhelming within him as he heaves a deep sigh. It can be said that I’m being a little irrational but when it comes to my baby sister, I think I deserve the opportunity. My feet immediately lift from the ground, unconsciously stepping forward until we are mere inches apart. He doesn’t notice my presence, his head lowered, and face invisible within my line of sight. It doesn’t take any hesitation as I raise my hand, whipping it forward at great speed as I slap him across the back of the head. 
 
 
He lifts his head, eyebrows furrowed in confusion as heat radiates around the pair of us. “What the hell did you do that for?” infuriation is evident within his voice as I am less than sympathetic in the midst of the situation.
 
 
“For hurting my sister! Did you see the way she left this room?” he nods his head in agreement, “That was your fault!” My hand rises from my side once again before Nichkhun’s fingers wrap around my wrist, restricting it from moving any further. I twist my head to face him, my eyes meeting his warm and comforting orbs as he wraps his arms around my waist. He cradles me within his welcoming embrace, encouraging me to breathe slow and gentle breaths until I return to a state of serenity.  
 
 
His lips brush briefly across my cheek, a heart warming sensation greeting me as we stand barely centimetres apart. “You don’t have to treat him like that. It’s not really his fault,” he briefly pauses, a sudden blankness coming over his face as he slowly raises one eyebrow, “We’ll go find her?”
 
 
I furrow my eyebrows in infuriation, barely aware that we are surrounded by a crowd of guests who are deserving of our attention. They will just have to wait for that. “No, we will go find my sister. I have a few ideas of where she might be.” I stroll forward as Heechul hands me my coat, pacing himself backwards slowly as I approach in fear that I will express further anger upon him. He grips Yuri’s arms firmly as he cowers behind her, sending a reassuring smile in my direction.
 
 
“Should we come too?” he asks questioningly, directing his eyes towards the dark, overcast skies beyond the window and the flicker of lightning slashing across the clouds. I can sense that he is unwilling, which is beyond how a friend should behave, but respect his opinion of not wanting to have his hair ruined by the downpour of rain. 
 
 
“No, you stay here and wait till we come back,” I reply after a few moments of silence, “And please help entertain some of the other guests. Nichkhun’s grandma gets angry when she doesn’t get any attention,” I send him a warning, briefly casting my eyes over the small but fierce woman across the room as she wandered back and forth to occupy her time.
 
 
“We should go now before she gets herself hurt,” I stride forward , pressing my hand upon Nichkhun’s back to urge him out of the door. It will be nice to have a little privacy with him - since Grandma arrived she hasn’t exactly any interactions between the both of us, interfering constantly with certain. I don’t have any hatred towards her but I think we do need some space. We are a couple, we do things that couples do. Whether she likes it or not. 
 
 
He leads me towards the door, gripping my hand tightly within his palm as he exhales a cool breath. I can tell that it’s been a somewhat eventful day for him today what with the conflict with Taecyeon and Yoona. I wonder why she didn’t even bother to mention anything about this to me. Merely assuming that as her sister she’ll inform me of boyfriend troubles, I guess I was wrong. Perhaps she knew that I would exert my anger upon him. But it would be nice for her to talk to me sometimes. Yoona has been acting weird during the period of the last few weeks. I should spend more time with her. 
 
 
The door creaks as it is pulled open, a faint voice heard on the other side. I immediately step forward, expecting my younger sibling to appear within my line of sight but I am greeted with an unexpected presence and I can’t hold back my surprise. What on earth are they doing here?
 
 
“Nichkhun! Victoria! It’s so great to see you guys. How have you been?” Jessica squeals, an evident excitement within her voice as a smile curls at the corners of her lips. 
 
She steps forward and encases Nichkhun within her embrace, Jonghyun following her movements closely behind. I raise an eyebrow questioningly as he accepts the warm greeting, as if he knew about it all along? For god’s sake! Doesn’t anyone want to tell me anything anymore? What on earth have I done to have everyone avoid telling me things? First Yoona and her relationship troubles, now Nichkhun hiding the fact that his cousin was arriving today. Am I just that unapproachable? 
 
 
“How was your flight?” Nichkhun asks in curiosity, “You guys must be tired.”
 
 
“Well, an eleven hour flight isn’t exactly what I call relaxing,” a slow laugh escapes from Jonghyun’s lips as his eyes blink drowsily, head slowly tilting to the side. Now that is what I call exhausted. 
 
 
“The two of you aren’t busy right now, are you? We don’t want to intrude if you are,” Jessica responds immediately, the voices within the apartment clearly visible as a slow cacophony of music lingers in the backdrop of the room. 
 
 
I don’t know how to answer her question, thinking of it as rude if we immediately leave once they arrive. But I can’t really choose between them and my sister. Uh, why does this have to happen to me right now? God, I unconsciously pray, squeezing my eyes shut briefly, If you’re out there please send down an angel and get me out of here right now.
 
 
“It’s Victoria’s younger sister’s birthday but she got into a fight with Taecyeon and ran off so we have to go find her. Grandma is inside so go get some rest and we’ll catch up when we get back,” he sends them an apologetic smile as he tightly pulls me forward and out into the hallway, leaving the door hanging so they have access inside. I can tell that they are completely confused by what information we have given them but we really have no choice but to leave. 
 
 
….
 
 
“Do you have any idea where Yoona is?” Nichkhun asks. He leans to the right as he directs his eyes out of the window, squinting them as he comes face to face with the complete darkness beyond the glass. 
 
 
I swear if she has managed to do something stupid or get herself into trouble, I am not going to be completely forgiving. Not to mention, she kind of embarrassed herself in front of that crowd in there. That’s not a good image for her friends to remember her by if she dies. Oh god, what if she dies? What if someone kidnaps her and I’ll never be able to see her again? Yoona!
 
 
“What are you doing?” His deep, baritone voice breaks me from my trance and I return to reality, the current situation that lies before us. 
 
 
“Nothing. Just thinking about how worried I am for her,” I briefly respond, pressing my hand upon the cool glass that sheltered me from the pummelling rain outside. “Do you think she’s safe?”
 
 
“Your sister is a smart girl. She knows how to take care of herself. Someday you’re going to have to take the training wheels off her and let her escape into the world out there… because I don’t think you’ve done it yet.”
 
 
“I have. She went to London for four years, isn’t that enough?” he shakes his head in response, resting the heat of his palm upon my shoulder, “Since mom and dad died, I was the one in charge of taking care of her. Can you blame me for feeling over protective? She’s all I have left of them.”
 
 
A tear threatens to fall from the rim of my eyes, a bead of warm liquid resting upon my cheek, dangerously capable of streaming along the length of my face. The comfort of his arms encases me within his warm embrace, resting a kiss on my forehead. Fervent heat radiates from his body as there is a minimal gap between the pair of us. It is moments such as these where I am grateful for meeting him that night, for destiny to give me the opportunity to meet such a man that cares for me in this way. Though he has brought grief along with his actions in the past, time has built a love difficult to break. 
 
 
“She might be at your old apartment. We should go there first,” he speaks in an almost soundless whisper as my eyes squeeze shut, incapable of breaking away from his welcoming embrace. My head rests itself upon the comfort of his shoulder as nausea sits in the pit of my stomach, feeling the endless movements of the twins as they struggle within my womb. He’s right - I have to let go of Yoona, she’s all grown up now. 
 
 
He slowly tries to pull away, a laugh slipping from the gaps of his lips as he realises the resistance I have put up against his actions. But my movements are soon counteracted by his strength as he tears his hands away from my grasp, placing them upon the steering wheel while the windscreen before us is covered in the millions of droplets that have cascaded from the skies. Nichkhun sends an apologetic smile in my direction as he drives off into the distance and we leave the current surroundings behind. 
 
 
The next twenty minutes pass us in a haze as the car comes to a sudden halt. I am yet again broken from the trance which has come over me, lifting my hand away from the window as the faint mark of where it has been placed appears in a cool pattern upon the smoothness of the glass. The bonds of the seatbelt are released as I slowly push the car door open and step into the refreshing coolness of the outside. Thick drops of rain pummel the gravel beneath my feet as I stride towards the building rushing inside with nothing but the intentions of finding Yoona inside. But I am greeted with no luck as I reach the apartment. 
 
 
“Yoona! Yoona, are you in here?” I pace myself around the room as an exhausted Nichkhun appears by the door. He leans down as he rests his palms upon his knees, panting in exhaustion while I search through the apartment. 
 
Yoona is not visible within my line of sight, not visible in any of the rooms of the spacious apartment before us, nowhere. Books are strewn across her side of the room, a large pile of clothes sitting at the foot of the bed a the contents of her backpack slowly cascade to the ground from the gap between the fastens.  I rummage through her belongings yet nothing is able to inform me of where she might have retreated to and I am barely capable of finding any locations either. Seriously, I have nothing, no idea whatsoever. Victoria Song, you must be the worst excuse for a sister ever. 
 
 
“Is she here?” Nichkhun asks from the next room as I hear his footsteps, followed by the crack of thunder. He peeks his head through the door as I sink to the ground, searching constantly for any clue. “Yoona Song! If you can hear me, come out now! This isn’t exactly good for your sister’s health.”
 
 
I shake my head in her defence, “She’s not going to hear you. And I am completely fine. Don’t worry!”
 
 
“Vic, you’re not fine. You are sickly pale and tired and we should go back before you get any worse,” he strides forward, crouching down by my side. The back of his hand is placed upon my forehead as a means of measuring my temperature. He heaves a low sigh in response, trying to suggest that I am in poor health.
 
 
“I’m not going home until we find Yoona,” I reply almost immediately, insisting that his words are not enough to take me back to the apartment. Unless something completely life threatening arises we are not going to stop finding her. 
 
 
“But-”
 
 
“No buts. We’re not going home,” I leap to my feet, extending my hand as I help him up. There is a minor sympathy for him within me- the way that he has had to deal with this whole party and Yoona/Taecyeon fiasco. But the way he treated me at the start of our ‘relationship’ is enough for me to be able to ignore that. Well, ignore it for now. 
 
 
 
******
 
Meanwhile, in the apartment, Grandma has become restless, unable to stand Heechul’s questions any longer as she slams her curled fist upon the glass table, almost shattering the fragile material with her strength. She leaps up from the seat and grabs a frosted cupcake from the counter, digging her teeth into the overwhelming sweetness of the delicacy as she strides forward into the centre of the room. Her actions attract the attentions of the others who surround her, including a dazed Jonghyun and Jessica who are still jet-lagged from their flight, scanning her eyes over the surrounding faces. 
 
 
“Why is everyone so depressed? We can still get this party started for when they come back,” she snatches the remote from Yuri’s manicured nails. Her finger presses down on the large button on the centre as music booms from the speakers and she lets herself free within the room, flowing past the others as she gestures for them to join her.
 
 
Heechul grabs her arm immediately, pulling her away from the crowd and the ultimate attention that she had ultimately wanted the whole time. She struggles within his tight grip and tries to escape as people sway with the music. An urge runs through her veins to show how capable she is of fitting in with the modern times, wanting to be at the centre of the crowd and have the popularity she always wanted since high school. That story had risen in a past conversation where she had explained how she had never managed to make many friends as a result of her reserved and shy character. Apparently, she now regrets this which should explain why she has travelled around the world in order to befriend new people who live within the interesting cultures she has visited. I didn’t make many friends either but it’s a big deal to her so I never try to mention that it’s not exactly important. 
 
 
“You look tired. Why don’t you sit down?” Heechul insists as he drags a chair out from beneath the table. His hands rest upon her shoulders in his attempt to settle her upon the object as her body jerks forward at the sound of Big Bang’s ‘Fantastic Baby’. 
 
 
“I’m fine,” she playfully slaps his arm as she lifts herself from the chair. “Why do you care so much? It’s a party - have fun!”
 
 
Heechul is frozen in position at the sound of her words, as if he is terrified at what my reaction would be to the situation. Grandma watches his him carefully, scanning her eyes leisurely over his handsome features - she hasn’t yet noticed how appealing he is to the eye. His curled tendrils brush upon his reddening cheeks as his wide eyes glisten like diamonds beneath the light of the room. She walks closer, placing her hand over his as she pulls him closer to her. 
 
 
“Don’t you want to dance? I’m sure there must be a good dancer within you. Just let yourself free and see where the music takes you,” Grandma insists. Her hand reaches upwards as she sweeps the strands of hair from his eyes in a flirtatious manner. He shakes vigorously in fright, never once receiving this much attention from someone so many years older than him.
 
 
“I’m fine. Thanks,” he tries to wriggle away from her but is no match against the strength of her small but intimidating figure. 
 
 
“Oh, come on. Have fun!” she responds immediately, dragging him away from his position by the endless food supply to the centre of the dance floor created by the others. There is a strained look of uncomfort upon his face, switching his eyes back and forth between Yuri and Sooyoung and grandma, who will not free him without a fight. He somewhat begs them to save him from her, but their resistance is no match against the fierce quality of Grandma’s character.
 
 
 “You don’t mind if I dance with Heechul, right?” Yuri asks as she strolls forward, gently resting her hand upon Heechul’s back. Grandma sends a fiery glare in her direction, tightening her grip on his hand as she pulls him even closer to her, almost smothering him with her endless attention. 
 
 
“Sorry, but I’m dancing with him so wait for your own turn,” she replies stubbornly, trying to direct Heechul away from the others as Yuri’s eyes widen in surprise. 
 
 
“But-”
 
 
“I said no!” she shouts adamantly.
 
 
Jessica’s lips curl into a smile, a giggle escaping from her lips at the sight of rejection on Yuri’s face. Yuri strode past in defeat towards Sooyoung who is questioning whether or not she will indulge in one of the cupcakes upon the table. Jessica, however, is exhausted, their earlier flight draining all of the energy from her, and with Jonghyun’s parents out of the country, they had to retreat to Nichkhun’s while we left as soon as they arrived. I feel some sympathy for the girl. We could have at least been nicer to them. Jonghyun’s head slowly lowers to the side until it is resting on her shoulder, drawing her closer to him in his attempt to sleep in the midst of the party. 
 
 
“Why don’t we go find a room and spend some alone time together? Just the two of us,” he suggests, running his fingers through her hair as his eyes remain squeezed shut.
 
 
“What?” Jessica raises her eyebrow in surprise as she turns to him in distaste, “No!”
 
 
“So I guess you want to do it here then,” his hand sweeps over the firm leather of the couch, overwhelmed by comfort. Around them the others aren’t exactly aware of what is going on and I guess that’s good on her behalf as her cheeks flush to a deep crimson, burning in embarrassment. She raises her hand, throwing it forward as she whips it across the back of his head while she shows how she feels about it.  
 
 
“Jong! That’s not going to happen.” Her eyes scan over his features while he slumps lazily over the furniture, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the stench of alcohol surrounding her. Squinting her eyes, she parts her lips, “Have you been drinking?”
 
 
“Of course I’ve not been drinking. What do you think I am?”
 
 
“Kim Jonghyun! I can smell it on your clothes,” she bluntly replies, furrowing her eyebrows in anger as the stench grows worse while he leans closer. Her body unconsciously moves away as his hands rest upon her shoulders, making them stay in eye contact. 
 
“Fine. I had a few glasses of wine. But I’m tired and I just needed something baby!” he whines like a child as their faces are mere inches apart, his breath warm upon her cheek. “Now why don’t you just give me a kiss?”
 
 
She leaps up from the couch and strolls away as his eyes slowly close until no light is visible. He continues to lean closer and closer, unaware that she is no longer there and…falls to the ground, his face smacking upon the comforting rug. Jonghyun buries his face within the softness of the fabric, drifting off into a deep slumber. 
 
 
….
 
 
Back to Khun and I, well, we haven’t exactly found her, yet. To be honest, we searched all over the place; the apartment, the cemetery, her office; everywhere I thought she would be but I guess she managed to find somewhere else. Somewhere that I didn’t know. And I’ve not exactly got a lot of energy left in me to keep driving all over the place. I mean, if I didn’t know better, she probably decided to go back to the party while making Taecyeon leave.
 
 
Speaking of Taecyeon, I really do not like him anymore. I swear it must be some kind of hatred that I have for him. He hurt my baby sister, which is not what you are meant to do if you want to get on my good side. Actually, I never really liked him in the first place. I mean, when has there been a time when we held a proper conversation. Every time we ever was when either Yoona or Nichkhun was around. I guess the way I feel about him now won’t really make a difference, will it? And he probably doesn’t like me either. 
 
 
“Where to now?” I ask, shaking the thoughts from my mind as I turn to a confused Nichkhun who is clutching the wheel as if he is in fear of something awful happening to him. 
 
 
“Aren’t you supposed to be telling me that? You’re her sister!” he doesn’t turn to face me as the words slip from his lips. I don’t know why but I find it kind of attractive when he is aggressive like that. Maybe that’s why I couldn’t abort the twins - because if I did then we would have no associations anymore. No, that makes me sound insincere about being pregnant. Sorry babies. 
 
 
“Well, you’re the father to her future nieces/nephews.”
 
 
“What difference does that make? It’s not like I can read her mind and find out where she is. I’m not psychic, Victoria!” He grows impatient and infuriated as each second passes, spitting out each word distastefully as if he can’t stand searching for her anymore. And that only makes me even more defensive about my sister. 
 
 
“Why are you shouting at me? I just asked you one question and you just had to make everything into one big argument,” I respond almost immediately. The feelings of anger and annoyance within me are suppressed as I try to return to a state of serenity but my anguish of the situation only grows worse in doing so. Pregnancy has made me more emotional that usual and the fact that he is saying these things to me is only making it worse. 
 
 
“Why are you trying to act as if this is my fault? I didn’t do anything. You were the one who dragged me out to find her!”
 
 
“But you insisted it in the first place. Stop trying to act like this is all my fault either. I just want to find my sister, that’s it. Can’t you be a little sympathetic?”
 
 
I can’t suppress my feelings any longer as tears coarse down the length of my face, staining my cheeks in the warm liquid. He turns to the side just as I lift my head and my pain-stricken eyes meet his dark, fiery orbs that slowly transcend until they are warm and welcoming. There is an evident guilt upon his face but he doesn’t encase me within his warm embrace as he did previously. His hand reaches upwards, brushing a single tear away with his thumb as he cups my face within his warm palms. 
 
 
“Hey, why are you crying?” there is a brief hesitation in his tone as he attempts to reply to my earlier words. “Don’t cry, Vic. I didn’t mean anything, I’m just tired, that’s all,” he says softly, his cool breath washing over me in his attempt to apologise. 
 
 
“I guess it’s just the stress hitting me, and I’m over emotional in this condition.” He nods his head in understanding, squeezing my shoulder with his other hand as one remains cupping my face, brushing strands of hair from my cheeks. 
 
 
“Let’s go get some hot chocolate or something. I think we just need a few moments to ourselves,” he announces as he places one hand on the steering wheel, “Without the chaos.”
 
 
…..
 
 
What we didn’t know was that Taecyeon found Yoona during our conversation, leaving the party behind in his own search of her, perhaps because he had a somewhat idea of where she may have been. I suppose he knows her better than I do since he found her on his first guess, knowing that she wouldn’t have rushed to her apartment or her office. With this knowledge, I could say my hatred has slowly reduced just a little, but back to Yoona and Taecyeon…
 
 
He shoves the door open on entrance into the shop, scanning his eyes over the welcoming and homely surroundings around him. Armchairs sat by a fireplace against the far wall while shelves stacked with an array of books were aligned in rows nearby. The place was almost isolated, the occasional university student coming into view as they pressed the keys of their laptops hurriedly in their dazed rush to finish their papers that were due the next day. An elderly man sat on his chair by the counter, skimming hastily through his magazine, flicking page by page in disinterest. Yet, Taecyeon wasn’t there to see any of them but the girl in the corner of the room indulged in a book as she sips on the steaming cup of coffee within her grip. 
 
 
Taecyeon doesn’t know how to approach, knowing their earlier conversation hasn’t exactly been the best moment of their relationship. He understands that real relationships do suffer at some points and it is how we treat these situations that the relationship can either break or remain strong. And it is what he says to her that will decide if their relationship will continue or not. 
 
 
“I know you’re there so there is no need to hide like that,” her voice breaks through the awkward silence of the room as Taecyeon is overcome with surprise from her words, slowly moving out from behind the bookcase until he is in clear view. She briefly turns to him, before directing her eyes on the book once more. 
 
 
“How did-” he starts.
 
 
“I could smell your cologne when you stepped inside,” Yoona quickly responds.
 
 
She folds the corner of her page as she closes it, resting the book upon her lap as he approaches. Her nose wrinkles at the strength of the sweet smell lingering through the air, lifting her head as he settles into the armchair across from her own. He still can’t create any words, an apology as the sounds are frozen within his breath, anxiety running through his veins. He knows that she is waiting for some form of a reply, one that he is unable to give to her. 
 
 
“Your sister left ten minutes after you did to look for you, you know. She put a lot of work into that party and I could tell that she was quite disappointed you can’t enjoy it because of me,” he finally says after a few moments of complete silence between them. Guilt washes over Yoona as she drums her fingers upon the fine fabric.
 
 
“I thought about coming back but I realised I caused too much drama in there that I couldn’t face the embarrassment,” she heaves a deep sigh of regret, “I don’t know what happened to me but as soon as I saw you, I couldn’t help but feel angry about what you did. It’s all my fault. I ruined my own party. And you left your own family because of me.” 
 
 
“I left my family because I love you, Yoona. They… my father doesn’t understand what you mean to me - he thinks that because of your lack of status that you are after our money, but he doesn’t know you enough to judge you like that,” he briefly pauses, trying to regain his breath as the words spit out from his lips hurriedly. “I want to be surrounded by people who support the choices I make and I choose you.”
 
 
She lowers her head, trying to come to terms with what is occurring before her, to come to terms with her past. “I guess I was scared of falling in love because I haven’t experience it before. No one has ever warned me or told me what love is like but I feel it when I’m around you. And my heart, I think it knows that the love is true.”
 
 
She leans forward until they are mere inches apart, resting her hand upon his as a smile lingers across their faces. Their eyes meet, glistening like diamonds beneath the bright light upon their heads as her lips brush across his cheek. Love is evident between them as it radiates from the pair into the rest of the room. Neither wants their moment of serenity to end, to be ruined, and it was something that would remain with them for the rest of their lives whether they spent them together or not. 
 
 
“Do you want green tea or hot chocolate?” a familiar voice asks in the backdrop, breaking the peacefulness between the pair of them unexpectedly. A silhouette approaches the counter, their face hidden by the dark shadows across the room. 
 
 
“You know how much I hate green tea,” a female argues, wrinkling her face in distaste as she follows closely behind. 
 
 
The woman scans her eyes over the room as she tries to locate a suitable resting place for the pair of them, spotting empty chairs by the reunited couple. Her pregnancy is evident as she approaches, slowly pacing herself forward as exhaustion has come over her body, movements drowsy. Her head turns unconsciously to find her partner with his hands pressed upon the counter. And just as she steps into the blaring light, her identity is revealed.
 
 
“Yoona? What the hell! We’ve been looking for you everywhere,” Yoona twists her head immediately to meet my intense, furious gaze, shock playing at the features of her face while her hand remains glued to Taecyeon’s. I settle into the armchair close by as our eyes never lose contact, unable to understand how Taecyeon managed to find her before we did. Yet despite this, I’m somewhat glad that the conflict between them has ended. 
 
 
“I needed some alone time,” she mumbles almost silently in fear, her shoulders moving backwards to further the distance between us. 
 
 
“Almost four hours!” my voice rises until I am almost screaming but I should just be glad that she is safe, sound and happy. “I’m glad you’re okay.”
 
 
“I should have told you what was happening. I’m sorry, Vic. And I’m sorry the party had to go to waste,” she apologises, guilt and regret evident within her tone as I send an understanding look in her direction. 
 
 
I actually forgot about the party at this point, all my efforts of the last few weeks going to waste, but birthdays are not just about the parties we throw. Birthdays should be a time that we spend with our family and realise that we don’t have as much time left with them than we would initially think, to realise how much we really love them. I haven’t spent enough time with Yoona recently and it’s only now that I realise the consequences of this. I’m grateful that I can see the happiness her face now, the love between her and Taecyeon - that’s all that really matters. 
 
 
“Don’t worry about it. And Taecyeon, I’m sorry I hit you earlier. I was just really angry,” I finally apologised for my earlier acts against him. What I thought in the car was wrong - he isn’t a bad guy and he truly loves my sister. It’s obvious. 
 
 
“Thank you, Victoria.”
 
 
…..
 
 
“I wonder what happened while we were gone,” Nichkhun says as the keys jingle his hands, twisting the lock as he slowly shoves the door open. I’m sure everyone got sick of waiting that they just left. We can only hope that that actually happened. I don’t have enough strength to clean after their mess.
 
 
“I’m sure it isn’t too bad.” 
 
 
The door creaks as it is pushed out of our path and the aftermath of our sudden exit is visible around the room. Glass bottles that were once full of alcohol are strewn along the carpet, the contents messing. The table complete with delicacies and food is bare with the exception of the paper wrapping which was once the casing of cupcakes scattered upon the glass. The beautiful streamers that I had hung around the room earlier were torn, the shreds laying amongst the soft bristles of the rug. It is a disaster zone. That I have to clean up. 
 
 
“Well, I guess everyone decided to enjoy the party,” Nichkhun breaks through the tension lingering in the air as he crouches to the floor. He lifts, four bottles into his hands, placing them upon the cool glass as he strides into the kitchen to find some way we can dispose of all of this mess. I can honestly say that I hate my friends because of this. Yes, they could have enjoyed the party but couldn’t they have stayed to help clear all of this up, seriously. I guess not.
 
 
I scan my eyes over the room in search of any intoxicated guests that remain, the faint sounds of voices audible around me. Maybe they are still here, hidden somewhere in the apartment. I follow the sounds, walking into the hallway of the apartment once more as I listen eagerly for their whispers. But this only leads me to Grandma’s room. I don’t think she would still be awake but maybe she had a few too many drinks and now she can’t sleep. It is a possibility.
 
 
“Grandma, are you there?” I sweep my hand over the wooden door, twisting the door handle as I enter the room. Nothing can prepare me for what I’m about to see. 
 
 
“Oh dear, you guys are back. You look tired, Victoria, you should probably lie down,” she whispers almost silently as she brushes her fingers through Heechul’s brown locks. 
 
 
Heechul is curled into a ball, his knees tucked up until they almost reach his face while he lays fast asleep upon the covers of her bed. Lipstick is stained upon his cheeks, as if he received a million kisses during the period of the party. Oh god! What happened to him? And why is grandma getting all cosy with him? This is what happens when I miss something like this.
 
 
“I had a great time with him tonight. He is such a gentleman. Do you know if he has a girlfriend?” Grandma asks as she notices my consistent stare over him. Wait, Grandma and Heechul. Grandma is interested in Heechul. My best friend Heechul. That sounds…that sounds awfully wrong. What on earth did she do with him?
 
 
“Grandma, Heechul is-” I start. 
 
 
“Oh no, he has a girlfriend. Well, that makes one disappointed lady tonight. I guess I’ll be lonely forever,” she cuts in before I am able to finish. I can understand her attraction towards him, I experienced that once too, but it would honestly never happen, even if he wasn’t gay. 
 
 
“Grandma, Heechul is interested in men. Not women. I’m sorry,” I explain, squeezing her shoulder in reassurance as shock comes over her face. She brushes her fingers through her hair as she slowly inches away from him in embarrassment. This is one situation that I never thought I would be in but I think I’m handling it pretty well. 
 
 
“Heechul is gay?” she quickly asks.
 
 
“Yes.”
 
 
“Are you sure?” she throws another question forward. Grandma is either unsatisfied with the response or unable to accept the truth is the truth.
 
 
“One hundred percent sure.” 
 
 
“I feel so stupid. I was making advances on a gay man. What would people think of me? Well, I should have know - all the good looking guys I like are always gay,” she buries her face within her hands as I sit on the bed next to her, patting my hand upon her back in a reassuring, comforting manner. I never expected to have this kind of conversation with grandma but I guess its nice to spend some time with her today, especially seeing that I haven’t done that. 
 
 
“Don’t worry. We’ve all done it once,” I reply, recalling my past memories as the evening draws to a close.
 

Hi everyone. I'm super super sorry it took me so long to finish this but I've been really occupied with stuff lately and it's only going to get worse as we move into January. I swear, the next two weeks I'll be free but then my brother's wedding and mock exams are coming up so I really don't have time. But I'll try to get another chapter to you guys as soon as it can be possible.

 

Thanks for reading and take care because I care,

love from coolgirlaamy xxx