Not The Best Way to Solve a Problem

His Story, Her Story... Their Story

 

 

Monday morning …

Nichkhun’s POV

“Hey Khun. How is living with Victoria?” Taecyeon asks as he walks into my office.

“Let me see: she puked in my hat, ignored me most of the time and puked in my hat again,” I answer. Taecyeon looks at me sympathetically. At least someone understands the torture I’m going through.

“Too bad. Well her sister Yoona isn’t that bad. We went out for dinner on Saturday and she kissed me. On the cheek,” Taecyeon says excitedly. Oh wow she kissed him on the cheek! How nice for him. Too bad I don’t care.

“My torture is going to end today. I thought of some ways to get rid of her and we both agreed that she will have an abortion. We’re going to see the doctor at 2pm,” I say happily. Taecyeon looks a little disappointed. I can’t believe he still thinks he’s going to be the god-father. he doesn’t have that chance anymore.

“Oh, I almost forgot. I need to borrow your car later so Victoria can get her stuff back to her own apartment,” I add just as Taecyeon is about to walk out. He nods as he walks away. He doesn’t need to be that sad. It’s just a baby. Get over it!

 

*Phone started ringing – F(x) Nu Abo*

Victoriamust have changed my ring tone. Aish, she is so annoying.

“Yoboseyo?” I say into the phone. It better not be any of my family asking about Victoria. I still haven’t found a way to tell them yet.

“This is Dr. Lee. Is this Nichkhun Horvejkul?” the doctor asks. Thank god it’s only her..

“Yes. Why did you call me?” I ask curiously.

“Mr Horvejkul, the appointment needs to be re-scheduled to 11am. Is that okay with you?” the doctor answers. 11am? Why 11am? And why is it being re-scheduled?

“Uh yes. See you soon. Bye,” I reply as I hung up the phone. It’s already 10:15 am. If we are meant to be there at 11am, I will have to leave now.

*End Phone call*

“Sir, I need to go. Important doctor’s appointment. Bye,” I say quickly to my boss as I run out of the office. He doesn’t bother yelling after me since he knows that I won’t stay. Am I that predictable?

 

Victoria’s POV

I can’t pay any attention to my work because I’m so worried. What if I’m making a huge mistake by doing this? I might be killing something that would have been quite special to me. But I want my life to be normal.

I look down at my tummy. I don’t even look pregnant yet and it’s already been about 4 weeks.

“Victoria, are you okay?” Wooyoung asks as he walks over to me. He told me to call him Wooyoung from now on since we would be family when the baby was born. Too bad that won’t be happening.

“I’m fine. I should be getting back to work,” I answer as I lift up some files and look through them.

After looking through about three files, I’m too bored to carry on.

“VICTORIA! WE NEED TO GO NOW!” I hear someone shout. I look up and see Nichkhun running towards me. What’s wrong with him?

“What? Why?” I ask curiously as he stops in front of my desk and drags me towards the elevator. Someone looks like they’re in a hurry.

“Doctors appointment re-scheduled,” are the only words that came out of his mouth I understand.

“Where are you taking my assistant?” Wooyoung asks as he catches up with us. I’m meant to be working right now.

“Doctor’s appointment at 11am. We are going to be late f we don’t go now,” Nichkhun answers as we step into the elevator. Wooyoung looks at me sympathetically since I have to put up with his annoying brother.

“Okay. See you later Victoria,” Wooyoung answers as he walks away.

After a mad rush, Nichkhun driving too quickly and me almost being sick, we arrive on time.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

We get to the doctor at 11 on the dot. There is no need for us to sit in the waiting room so we just go in to the doctor’s office.

“I’m Dr. Lee. Nice to meet you,” the doctor greets us as we sit down. I look around her office, only to see lots of pictures of woman and babies on the walls. I didn’t think baby doctors were that keen on their job.

“I’m Nichkhun and this is Victoria,” I say politely. I have to act like Victoria and I get along. If she knew the truth, she might think I forced Victoria into having an abortion.

“So are you two married? Engaged? Dating?” the doctor asks curiously as she looks at us. Why does she have to ask this?

“N…” Victoria starts.

“We’re engaged,” I say as I reach for Victoria’s hand. Victoria hits my back angrily while trying to keep her smile. The doctor walks out to get some medical equipment.

“We’re engaged?” Victoria asks. I don’t think she understands that we have to pretend.

“If she knows the truth, she might not give you an abortion. She’ll think I forced you into it,” I answers just as the doctor comes back in.

“Now, you want to have an abortion. Why is that?” she asks us. Why do doctors ask this many questions? They should just do it.

“We aren’t ready to have a baby yet. We’re saving it for after we get married and are ready,” I replied. Dr. Lee looked at me strangely. I don’t think she’s buying my cover.

“Well Mr Horvejkul if you step out we can get this over and done with,” the doctor says. I go out and sit in the waiting room.

 

Victoria’s POV

“So we can do this in two different methods since you are quite early. One will cause more distress and can take up to a long time and the other one will be done quickly but would still cause pain,” the doctor says after Nichkhun leaves.

My stomach churns nervously and I feel like I’m going to be sick while reading the leaflet she gave me. It sounds so gruesome the way it’s explained.. I can’t believe I am going to do this.

“I think we should do the second one but it’s your choice,” she adds as she sits down and faces me.

I look up at her nervously. I nod and she goest out to get a nurse to help her do the procedure. There is still time to back out Vic. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. I take the glass sitting on the table and drink from it while my hands shake vigorously.

“First we need to check how far along you are and then we can do the procedure,” both the doctor and nurse tells me.

30 minutes later, I sit in a hospital gown ready to do this. I’m surprised it took this long to get to this point.

“Just calm down Victoria. You’ll be completely fine,” Dr. Lee says as she put her gloves on. I close my eyes just as they tried to numb part of my body. I can hear them bringing forward the plastic tube with a knife like object which will be going into me to kill the baby.

I keep thinking back to when my mom was pregnant and she was going to get an abortion but it didn’t work. She had Yoona a few months later. Yoona is so special to me but if my mom’s abortion had worked Yoona wouldn’t have existed. What is it’s the same with this baby? I can’t do this. I can’t take it anymore.

“STOP! I DON’T WANT TO KILL THE BABY!” I shout and run out of the room only to see Nichkhun, Tiffany and Taeyeon staring at me. Oh no! What are they doing here?

 

Nichkhun’s POV

I am so bored. What am I meant to do? It seems like this is going to take forever. I decided to take a magazine and read through it to pass the time. No way did Song Seung Hyun win Best Actor award. He can’t even act.

“I wonder if they’re still here,” a familiar voice says from behind me.

“Wooyoung said that they had to go to a doctor’s appointment so they should be here. Didn’t you tell him to use the same doctor that we used when I was pregnant,” another familiar voice replies.

I turn around and see my mom and Taeyeon look around. I duck my head and look back at the magazine. I hope they haven’t noticed me.

“Sweetie, you’re here. I was worried you weren’t. Where’s Victoria?” mom asks as she takes the magazine from my hands.

“Mom, Taeyeon, what are you doing here?” I ask curiously as they sit next to me. I better just break the news to them now. I can’t be bothered telling them later.

“We went to ask the both of you for lunch. We went to Wooyoung first who said that you had dragged Victoria out of the office for an appointment. That’s why we’re here,” Taeyeon answers.

“Oh that’s nice. Well Victoria is with the doctor right now. I have no idea how long she will take,” I say hoping that they will decide to have lunch some other day but they don’t say anything.

“Why aren’t you leaving?” I blurt out angrily since they are still sitting with me after 10 minutes. I had expected them to leave by now.

“Honey, we’re waiting for Victoria,” mom answers.

“There’s no point!” I shout loudly so that other people turn and stare at us. There’s nothing to look at. Just a man and his mother talking. Jeez, people are so nosy nowadays.

“What do you mean?” mom asks curiously annd both her and Taeyeon stare at me.

“She’s going to have an abortion,” I blurt out causing both of them to gasp in shock. “Is it that shocking? You both know that we hate each other and we can’t raise a baby so there is no point in having one.”

“This is absurd. I can’t believe the both of you would do this. This has to stop. I am not having my future grandchild being killed,” mom says as she walks over to the doctor’s office followed by Taeyeon. I grab their arms trying to stop them just as Victoria runs out of the room in a hospital gown. She looks back and forward between me, mom and Taeyeon.

“Victoria, are you okay? Is this going to happen or not?” the doctor asks.

“I’m fine. I don’t want an abortion,” she answers clearly. Uh why not? This was a total waste of time.

 

Victoria’s POV

After I get dressed, we all went out to lunch. I hold my head down since I don’t want to face either of them. It was the worst decision made in my life and I regret it completely.

“Okay so you both decided to get rid of the baby so that you could live your lives normally,” Vera asks after Nichkhun explains everything to her.

“Yes, it’s obvious that we hate each other,” Nichkhun replies and I nod.

“I can’t believe this. Why would you really want to kill a part of both you?” she shouts angrily.

“I’m here. What’s the problem?” Junsu asks as he walks in to the restaurant. Oh no! Now there’s another person to judge me.

“They decided to get rid of the baby because they hate each other,” Vera answers angrily just as Junsu sits down and kisses her cheek. That’s so sweet.

“But why didn’t it happen then?” Junsu asks as he glances at me and Nichkhun. How do I answer this? I lift my head to find four sets of eyes on me.

“I couldn’t do it. My sister was born after a failed abortion and she is so special to me that I thought I could be getting rid of a baby who could be very special to me and I would love so much,” I answer just as tears came to my eyes. I wipe them away with a tissue and turn back to everyone else.

“It was so stupid. And I was getting excited about having another grandchild,” Vera slams her fists on the table.

“This was a bad idea forcing the two of you together. But you should have tried to get along. Now I don’t care if you get together or not, I just want you to be friends. Okay?” Junsu asks us as he holds Vera’s hand reassuringly. We finish lunch and everyone but Nichkhun and I leave.

“Let’s start over. Hi I’m Nichkhun,” Nichkhun introduces himself while holding out his hand.

“I’m Victoria,” I reply as we shake hands.

“Where do you live? I should take you home,” he asks. This is quite funny actually. I can get used to this slightly nicer Nichkhun.

“Same apartment as you,” I answer. We go out to his car. He doesn’t open the door for me but we will get to it eventually. One baby-step at a time.

 


EDITED**************

Hi guys. So I decided to do a double update since I didn't want to leave you with a bit of a cliffhanger from Chapter 9. I also changed my original idea slightly since I could see that some of you didn't like the Nichkhun.

Thank you so much for 75 subscribers! Love you guys. 

My christmas break is coming up soon so I kinda have more time to update.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Love you  

love from coolgirlaamy xxx