Family Issues

His Story, Her Story... Their Story

 

Victoria’s POV

We get into the cars and drive through the city to our hotel.

I’m mesmerised by the beauty of the city. The many historic locations, the amazing atmosphere, the friendliness of the French people: all the things that make Paris special. Being here now, it is true to say that Paris is really the most romantic city on earth. Hehe, I can’t help but want to move here in the future.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” someone asks, breaking me out of my trance. I suddenly notice that I’m basically glued to the window. I turn to see Taeyeon peering over at me.

“Very,” is all that I answer before I turn back to the window. I watch as the landscape changes the closer we got to the hotel.

“Wooyoung and I came here on our honeymoon. We were so young back then, so carefree, until we found out we were going to have Chansung while we were still here,” Taeyeon replies as she looks into the distance. She must miss not being able to do whatever she wants.

The car comes to a stop in front of another one of Paris’s beautiful buildings. Is this where we will be staying? My mouth drops open in shock and stays that way even when we’ve gone to the reception for our room keys.

“Are you okay? You look a little sick,” Nichkhun says from behind me. I didn’t notice he had got here yet since Jonghyun insisted that he would drop Nichkhun off so that they could catch up.

“Completely fine,” I reply.

“Here is your room key. I hope you two don’t mind sharing a room since you already do that back in Seoul,” Junsu says as he hands Nichkhun the keys.

 I know it’s strange for me to say but I prefer sleeping next to Nichkhun. I have no idea why. It might be because I am so used to it. Or because I like him. That’s completely absurd. Me liking Nichkhun? There is no way that I like him – we’re only friends.

 

Nichkhun’s POV (starting from when he was with Jonghyun)

It feels nice being with Jonghyun again. We haven’t talked in years.

“So what is the real deal between you and this Victoria?” Jonghyun asked as he drove through the busy traffic. I had a feeling he would ask that.

“What do you mean? We’re friends,” I say as I look towards my phone.

“Oh really. So you brought your pregnant ‘friend’ along with you without any real reason?” Jonghyun laughs as he asks another question. Now he’s acting like some police detective. What does he not understand about being just friends? He is my favourite cousin though. I should just tell him the truth.

“I got her pregnant; my parents found out and wanted me to live with her. Eventually after a few weeks we decided to start over and become friends since we were fighting all the time,” I answer. Jonghyun sends me an ‘Are you being serious look?’ as we stop in front of another set of Traffic lights.

“You do know that no one in our family is going to approve of that right. Knocking up a girl before marriage/ being engaged in our family is basically shamed upon,” Jonghyun says. I can’t believe I forgot that. What am I supposed to do know? Eh, just leave it. No one is really going to care.

 

“This place is beautiful!” Victoria shrieks as she walk into our hotel room a while later.

“Yeah, it is,” I reply as I set the luggage down on the floor before lying down on the bed next to Victoria. Her eyes are closed like she is already sleeping. She actually looks quite cute. Nichkhun, snap out of it. This isn’t the time for thinking that she’s cute.

 I open my mouth to speak just before Victoria asks;” Can I give you a nickname?”

“Why?” I ask curiously as I sit up.

“We’ve been friends for ages. And friends give each other nicknames, right?” she replies. I suppose so. It wouldn’t be that bad, right?

“Um, fine,” I say. Victoria smiles happily at my answer.

“Okay, I was thinking on the lines of Khun or Khunnie. I like Khunnie better though,” she suggests.

 

Victoria’s POV

Huh, he doesn’t seem to like this, does he? I have wanted to give him a nickname for ages. It is so boring calling him Nichkhun all the time.

“Whatever you want,” he replies as he rests his head on a pillow and dozes off to sleep.

 I have 4 hours until dinner. What should I do now? Hey, he never gave me a nickname!

3 hours later…

“Did you come up with something?” I ask as I get ready for dinner with his family. He looks at me like he doesn’t know what I was talking about. That is so typical Nichkhun.

“A nickname. Did you come up with a nickname for me, Khunnie?” I add playfully as I hit his arm. His face goes blank. I guess he wasn’t thinking of anything.

I pout as I walk over to the bathroom. I can’t believe he didn’t think of anything and there I was coming up for a nickname for him.

 I lock the door and sit on the side of the bathtub. I feel quite disappointed. I have no idea why. Do I like him? Oh my god! I have feelings for Nichkhun, don’t I?

“Victoria, we’re going to be late. Open the door!” Nichkhun shouts as his fists hit the door from the other side.

“No!” I reply as I gaze into the mirror. I definitely look pregnant. But I never expected the bump to look this big already. What do I even have in there? A really big baby?

“Vic, stop being so stubborn and open the door,” he shouted even louder. How long have I even been in here anyway? Wait a second! Did he just give me a nickname?

“NO!” I shriek. I really don’t want to go with him. What if his family are really mean and snobby? I don’t know how to act around rich people.

“Vic, please open the door. Please. For me,” he says in a more calm voice. I guess I should.

“Thank god, you’re out. We’re almost late,” I hear him say as I open the door. He is on his knees like he was begging me to come out. How cute!

Nichkhun (or should I say Khunnie) takes hold of my hand and drags me out of the room and down to the lobby. We get into some car sitting in front of the hotel which he must have rented and drive off to the restaurant to meet all of his relatives.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

There is so much traffic in this city! It would be a miracle if we made it on time. It’s not like I’ve never been late before. I’m always late no matter what.

“I need to ask you to do something for me,” I say to Victoria as we stop in front of the restaurant. She stares at me curiously.

“I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend,” I finish. Victoria gasps and covers . I didn’t think she would be that shocked.

“Why?” is all that she can say.

“My relatives are always trying to set me up with my cousins. They insist that I date one of my cousins and I could get married to her so I would stop being me, you know a playboy. So I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend so they don’t say those things to me,” I answer. It’s true. My relatives do that every time we have some type of family gathering. I’m really sick of it.

“If you haven’t noticed, it’s really obvious I’m pregnant,” she whispers as we walk into the restaurant. It’s hard not to notice, no offence to Victoria.

“I’ll come up with something,” I reply quietly as I grab hold of her hand and lead her over to my family.

“He’s here finally,” one of my aunts say causing all my relatives to glare at me. Am I really that late?

I take a seat at Jonghyun’s table and indicated for Victoria to sit down next to Jessica. Now it’s time for the arguments and the eating to begin.

“Why are you so late?” Jonghyun asks.

“Victoria and I had some weird type of argument,” I reply. Jonghyun laughs at me. Like he has never experienced that before.

I glance over at Victoria who looks really awkward amongst everyone. I can’t blame her, my relatives are awful. At least she has Jessica. I’m sure she’s not that bad.

“Oh Nichkhun, it’s so nice to see you. How have you been? You know your cousin Eunjung has been dying to see you. Maybe you could go out for dinner sometime to catch up,” one of my aunts says as she hugs me tigthly. I suffocate in her grasp. Who knew a woman of that size could be so strong?

“Oh I can’t. I have a girlfriend now. This is Victoria,” I say, introducing Victoria to her. My aunt lookes a little annoyed and walks away. I knew this would work. None of my other aunts will bother me now.

“You two are dating? I thought you were just fri-“ Jessica asks before she’s cut off by Jonghyun’s hand.

“They’re pretending,” Jonghyun whispers while Jessica nods understandingly.

“You aren’t making it very realistic. Jonghyun, come sit next to me so that Nichkhun and Victoria can sit together,” Jessica suggests causing Victoria and Jonghyun to switch sides.

I can feel the eyes of my cousins and aunts burning a whole through my back. Do they really need to stare? So what if my ‘girlfriend’ is pregnant. Or that I’m actually dating now. Jessica’s right though. We are not a realistic couple at all.

“Khunnie, this is so delicious. You should try some,” Victoria says as she holds up her chopsticks to feed me as the food arrives. Wooyoung smirks as he looks over at us from his table. I guess he knows that we’re faking a relationship.

“Vic, take some of this,” I reply as I give her some of mine, flashing a loving smile towards her. This is really working. I should have thought of getting a fake girlfriend years ago. Family parties would have been so much easier.

“Well, well, if it isn’t our cousin Khunnie,” some of my older cousins say from behind me. I forgot my aunts used to call me that too.

My cousins always harassed me when we were younger. It was like a tradition for them. Giving me wedgies, messing up my hair, breaking my toys : so that I always went off and cried to my mom. Mom never said anything about it though and Wooyoung never stood up for me. That’s probably one of the reasons why I hate them.

“Oh and who is this? Your girlfriend?” they add as they point at Victoria. This is really getting on my nerves now.


 

Hi everyone. There is more to come to this chapter but I will add it tomorrow since I'm not finished yet and it's my bedtime right now so I have to go to bed lol.

Please come back tomorrow or something to read the rest since I will have finished the rest by then. Sorry :( for not posting it all.

Love from coolgirlaamy xxx