A Day in Paris

His Story, Her Story... Their Story

 

 

“Oh and who is this? Your girlfriend?” they add as they point at Victoria. This is really getting on my nerves now. Victoria watches us with no real idea of what was going on.

“Yeah. So what?” I reply as I hold her hand. Their faces go blank like they have no idea what to say next. Some of the waiters begin bringing out deserts so they decide to go back to their seats.

“That was strange. Normally they would have harassed you,” Jonghyun says as he holds up a huge spoonful of chocolate cake and stuffs it in his mouth. He’s lost weight but he still eats the same.

“Maybe they’ve matured,” I suggest as I glance over at them.

 I haven’t seen my cousins in years so it’s likely that they realised their mistakes and won’t torture me anymore. Or it’s possibly because I am sitting with my ‘girlfriend’ and they don’t want me to be embarrassed.

The evening ends fairly quickly finishing with a toast to the main couple – Jonghyun and Jessica.

 

Victoria’s POV

I drag myself into the hotel and up to our room. I’m exhausted but I enjoyed myself. Meeting Khunnie’s family was fun and I got to know Jessica a little more. Turns out that she is Yuri and Sooyoung’s friend and we have quite a lot in common.

“What do you want to do tomorrow? I could show you around Paris,” Khunnie asks as he flops onto the bed and rests his head on the pillow.

“Jessica said she would show me around since she is taking Yuri and Sooyoung. I’m going to try and find a dress to wear too,” I reply as I take some clothes out of my suitcase to wear. I look up and see him really disappointed. I guess he really wanted to take me. 2 months ago I would have been really shocked if he looked like that.

“Oh, okay. I should probably hang out with Jjong anyway so we can catch up,” he replies with a slightly jealous tone in his voice, looking away from me.

The next day, he seems a little distant and appears to still be jealous. My back is aching and I hadn’t slept all night. I am in no mood to try talking to him.

The consistent grumbling of my stomach informs me that I need to eat so I decide to get some breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

“Is my baby hungry in there? Don’t worry, mommy will feed you,” I say gently as I look down to the baby bump. I’m wearing a loose, floral dress, making the bump seem less visible.

I step out of the elevator, making my way over to the restaurant where the rest of the Horvejkul’s are devouring their breakfast.

“Good morning,” I smile as I walk past Tiffany and Junsu. I sit down next to Chansung who is eagerly munching through a croissant. He flashes me a cute smile, causing breadcrumbs to fall from his mouth.

My plate is almost empty by the time Nichkhun appears in the restaurant. His face shows a look of annoyance when I walk past him, probably due to the fact that he had no one to eat with.

I bid goodbye to the Horvejkul’s as I notice Jessica waiting for me in the foyer. I’m panting slightly and my legs felt shaky- must be a side effect to being pregnant- but I can’t hold in my excitement to see the city and spend time with my friends.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

I wake up in the same mood as I had been in last night. Each time I look towards Victoria, my face is burning and my ears are red.

I don’t attempt to say anything since it will prove that I’m jealous. Jealous of Jessica and her friends. Jealous that Victoria will be spending time with them instead of me.

I can sense Victoria won’t say anything to me either. She leaves the room silently, without one word.

“Admit it Khun! You’re jealous because you want to spend time with her,” I say to myself as I stare in the mirror. But that’s the problem. I can’t admit it to her or anyone. I have never been jealous of anyone except Wooyoung in my whole life and now I’m jealous because of a girl. I am so pathetic.

I step out of the elevator a while later only to see Jessica waiting in the foyer. I knew she will be here for Victoria.

“I need to tell you some things,” I say as I approach her, catching her off guard as she didn’t noticed me. She looks at me curiously as I take out my list.

“One, Make sure Victoria takes her vitamins at lunch. Two, take a rest if she looks tired since she has been acting a lot more dizzy and exhausted lately. Three, make sure she eats properly. Four, call me if she looks sick,” I continue, reading through the list carefully. Jessica looked shocked as she takes the list from my hands.

“I didn’t think you cared that much,” she replies.

“I’m the father of the baby so I should care,” I say as I walk towards the hotel restaurant for something to eat. Victoria and my family walk straight past so I’m virtually alone. I should have got up earlier.

“So I was thinking I could show you some of the sights and then we can head to the gym. I need to lose some weight before the wedding otherwise I will be fat,” Jonghyun suggests as we sit in his car outside my hotel.  I don’t really care where we go as long as we do something and spend some time with each other.

“Whatever,” I reply as I look out of my window to see some bikes ride past.

“So how did you and Jessica meet?” I ask curiously as we drive past some famous French museums. I guess if we’re going to catch up we better start with the reason behind how I’m in Paris since I am only here for the wedding.

“I was studying in the Sorbonne University here in Paris and I did not know one person who could speak fluent Korean or even English. Then one day I accidentally knocked into one of the other students and when I helped her up I noticed she was Korean-American. We got to know each other, fell in love and now we’re getting married,” Jonghyun answers, a love-struck look in his eyes. It would have been easier for him to just say that he met the girl of his dreams rather than some long explanation.

“I’ve not met that special person in my life yet so I haven’t experienced any of that yet,” I say, knocking him out of his daydream.

“You will someday. I think she might even be in Paris right now,” he replies. Really? She would be in Paris?

 

Victoria’s POV

I’m having the best day of my life! I got to see the Eiffel tower up close, have tea in a European café and act all posh, go to some museums with some of the worlds finest art – I never want to leave this place. I must also add that I now have a vast collection of souvenirs too.

“Unnie, didn’t you say you needed a dress for the wedding?” Yuri asks as I devour a pastry that I got out of a bakery. I know I shouldn’t have been eating it but I have a weird craving for some sweet food. I also already had three triple chocolate muffins so far today. Greedy? I know but they looked and tasted so delicious.

“Oh yeah, you mentioned that last night. I know the cutest little store that sells the most beautiful dresses ever!” Jessica shrieks excitedly as she drags me down the street.

By the time we reach the place, I’m panting and completely out of breath not to mention that my knees are wobbly too. I feel so pregnant. Jessica makes me sit down on a bench outside and gain some energy before I can go inside.

“I think this would look pretty on you unnie,” Sooyoung says as she lifts up a bright pink dress. Is she kidding me? It will look awful. And I’m 13 weeks pregnant.

Eventually after the girls showed me about a hundred dresses, I settle with a light blue mid-length dress.

I place it at the counter to pay for it and rummage through my bag for my purse. I suddenly come across something completely unexpected. How did that even get there?

“Unnie, where did you get that?” Yuri asks curiously as her eyes widen at the sight of the international Platinum credit card in my hand. It must have been Nichkhun. But why would he give me it? Was he trying to be nice? Or did it get there by accident.

My eyes set on the white piece of paper behind the card.

This is for you. My dad insisted that you get a share in my bank account.

Nichkhun . That explains so much.

“Excuse me, are you still buying the dress?” the woman asks in English as I stare at Nichkhun’s note to me.

“Erm, yes,” I manage to reply and paid for the dress using the card and the pin number I was given. Does this mean I am consider as one of the Horvejkul’s now? Or are they just being nice since I am carrying a future member of the family.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

“I don’t think Victoria and I are more than friends,” I say to Jonghyun who is staring at me after asking me if I liked Victoria.

We are in Jonghyun’s favourite gym and he is determined to find out if I have feelings for my ‘girlfriend’ or not.

The whole day so far had been a little boring so far. The entire tourist attractions- Eiffel tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre museum – are the ones that I have already seen before. I wasn’t very enthusiastic about going to visit them again.

-Flashback-

“I got us tickets to visit the Eiffel tower. It’s going to be so much fun. We would be able to see so much of Paris from up there,” Jonghyun said excitedly as we walked through the streets of Paris.

“I’ve been there before. I know what its like,” I replied in a bored tone. Jonghyun looked back at me sadly.

“I guess I should have picked something better,” he said as he dragged me somewhere else.

“The Mona Lisa is one of the most famous paintings of all time,” Jonghyun pulled me along through the museum. My headphones were plugged in and I was not paying any attention.

“Huh, oh yeah, cool,” I mumbled before letting out a huge yawn. Jonghyun looked at me with an annoyed look on his face.

“Let’s go,” he said, walking in the opposite direction towards the exit.

-End Flashback-

After that he took me to a few more places but I had no interest in any of them. I feel sorry for Jonghyun actually. He’s trying so hard to be a good host and all I’m doing is and acting bored.

“Are you sure? You seemed to be quite smitten around her yesterday,” Jonghyun says, his voice slightly trembling since he’s running on the treadmills. Was I? Huh, I never knew.

“Definitely sure,” I answer, lifting up some of the weights and holding them above my head.

“Yah! Stop being such a show off!” Jonghyun shouts as I flex with weights in my hand.

Suddenly, one of my nerves shoots a pain through my arm. The 30 kg weight I’m holding drops from my hands and falls onto my feet.

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” I yelp in pain, dropping to the ground. That has never happened in my life. It hurts like hell! I must have broken my foot. Do I need to go to a hospital?

“Khun, what happened? Are you okay?” Jonghyun asks worriedly as he runs over to me. I must have caught the attention of some more people since they are all staring at me.

“Do I look okay?!” I shout angrily at Jonghyun. He helps me up and takes me back to the hotel since ‘I’m not hurt very badly’.

“What hotel room are you in?” Jonghyun asks as he supports me up.

“501,” I say, biting my lip to stop myself from shouting in pain.

“What happened? Is everything okay? What’s going on?” Victoria asks worriedly as she opens the door to let us in. Jonghyun helps me over to the bed and explains the story to Victoria before realising that he has to leave.

“Are you okay? Does it hurt badly?” she says as she sits down next to me. Her hand brushes my shoulder accidentally.

“Ah, that hurts,” I whine. I feel like such a baby since I’m kind of helpless. But I have the strange feeling that I want Victoria to take care of me.

“This should help a little,” she says soothingly, placing an ice pack at my feet and on my arm. That feels so nice.

“How was your day? Did you pick out a nice dress?” I ask curiously as she brushes my hair out of my eyes.

“It was exciting. I picked out a pretty dress too. I see you didn’t have a very nice day though,” she giggles slightly. I want to laugh with her but I’m too sore to do so. 


 

Too tired to write you guys a message so I'll do one tomorrow.

Thanks for reading, please comment bla bla bla.

love coolgirlaamy xxx