Let's Go Vacation

His Story, Her Story... Their Story

3 months through the pregnancy …

 

Nichkhun’s POV

It’s been 1 and ½ months since I became friends with Victoria. My life hasn’t changed an awful lot but I do feel myself becoming nicer day by day.

Victoria didn’t try dragging me back to Yoga again which was good at first but then I finally decided to become a man and just go – without the pink headband and hoodie since I burned them.

“Hello Nichkhun sweetie,” mom says as she walks into my office. My family have been trying to become a lot closer to me ever since they found out I got Victoria pregnant. I’m not very impressed by it though. They never tried to become closer when there was no Victoria in my life.

“Mother,” I say in a bored tone as I look at some files on my desk. Mom walked forward and sets something down on my desk.

“Your cousin Jonghyun is getting married in a few weeks,” she replies. I lift the invitation that my mom put down and look at it closely.  

He’s getting married in Paris? Hm, interesting. I glance up to see my mom still glaring at me.

“I expect all of you got invited to,” I say as I set it back down. Mom nods and, after realising she is busy, decided to leave. My eyes set on the invitation again. Am I really going to go? It’s only a week away. Plus, who should I take? Taecyeon? Yeah, I’ll go ask him.

“Hey Taec,” I say as I walk into his office. I sit myself down in one of his chairs and stare as he paces around his office carrying many files. What’s got him so busy?

“Oh, Khun, I didn’t see you there. What’s going on?” He asks as he accidentally drops the files in shock as he notices me. I chuckle as he continues with his work.

“I’ve got a wedding to go to – my favourite cousin’s – in Paris. I was wondering if you wanted to come along. It would be quite a laugh,” I say convincingly. Taecyeon stops to think about it. What is there to think about? It’s the chance of a lifetime.

“I can’t. My grandma gave everyone the flu so I have to help take care of her and the rest of my family she gave it to, sorry dude. Hey, why don’t you take Vic? You two have become quite friendly recently. I’m sure she would love to go,” he replies. Is he being serious or does he just want us to get closer?

“Aren’t pregnant people not allowed on planes?” I ask curiously. I’m pretty sure; I’ve heard people say that.

“Only if they are heavily pregnant, Victoria is only 3 months so she’s fine,” he answers. I suppose I should ask her. But she probably won’t say yes.

 

Victoria’s POV

“Really! Oh I would love to go,” I shriek. Nichkhun covers his ears to refrain himself from the noise. I am so excited! But what should I take? I would need more vitamins and stuff.

“Are you sure? I mean, Paris is really far away and it might be bad for the baby,” he replies. Why am I getting the feeling he doesn’t want me to come? We have been getting along perfectly fine with each other lately. Very few arguments.

“Yes, I’m sure,” I say happily as I skip over to the closet to start packing. I know Wooyoung would let me have time off work anyway since he is going too.

“We only have a week so I should book plane flights and hotels for the day after tomorrow at least. I want to have some fun in Paris aswell,” Nichkhun says as he reaches for his laptop. And by fun, he means partying and going to clubs. I still don’t know why he continues to call it that. I have known him long enough to know what he likes to do during the evenings.

“So what cousin of yours is getting married? Do you get along with him?” I ask curiously to spark a conversation since packing is so boring.

“Jonghyun. He’s my favourite cousin probably because we share the same interests and both hate Wooyoung. We went to high school and college together before he decided to go to Europe and travel,” He replies. Aw, how sweet! I guess Nichkhun’s excited to see him again.

“Oh no!” I exclaim as I suddenly notice something. I place my hand over my mouth in shock. This can't be happening now. Not when it’s really important. 

“What is it? What happened? Are you okay?” Nichkhun asks worriedly as he runs up to me, checking if I’m okay.

“I don’t have a dress to wear,” I reply as I turn around to face him. He gives me a ‘Is that it?’ look and goes back to his laptop annoyed. I laugh at his reaction. What did he think? Something was wrong with the baby? It’s nice to know that he cares.

“You have a million dresses. Just wear one of them,” he says in an annoyed voice. I glance back into the closet. Yes, I do have a lot of dresses but that’s not the point.

“Have you seen the size of me? My belly is bigger than it used to be,” I point out as I look into the mirror. I can definitely tell that I was pregnant now: I’m not sure if other people who didn’t know me would but I definitely can. I can hear a sigh come from him.

“We’ll get one in Paris. Stop and just pack,” Nichkhun replies. Uh, fine. But he better remember. I don’t want to stand out from his high-class family. I hate having attention on myself.

 

Two days later …

Nichkhun’s POV

“Victoria, have you seen my jacket?” I ask as I quickly try to finish packing. I have 10 minutes until we’re meant to leave and there is no possibility I am ever going to finish in time.

“I told you to pack last night but you said ‘I’ve got plenty of time. I’ll do it in the morning bla bla bla’” Victoria replies while imitating me. I can’t believe she won’t help me when I offer to take her to Paris with me even though my family is paying.

“Please Victoria,” I plead while using my aeygo. Victoria continues to ignore me and I go off in a huff.  This is getting me to hate her again. Just calm down Khun. Everything will be okay.

My phone starts to ring. I seriously have no time to answer the phone right now.

“Yoboseyo?” I ask as I fling random things around my bedroom and threw them into my suitcase.

“It’s Wooyoung. Mom told me to tell you to come downstairs instantly. If we don’t leave now we will be late. Oh and dad says he couldn’t find any first class seats since he knew you were asking,” Wooyoung replies. Oh great! I was hoping he wouldn’t come.

“Fine. I’ll be down in 2 minutes,” I say. Even though I know that is something I can’t promise.

“VIC, LET’S GO!” I shout as I run towards the door. Victoria races me downstairs where my dad and Wooyoung’s cars were sitting. There is no way I am going with him after what he said to me a while ago.

Eventually we arrive at the airport. Dad decides to check in for us so I go to grab some coffee. I only just realised that I called Victoria Vic. I hope she didn’t realise. I don’t want her thinking that I gave her a nickname since we’re best friends or something.

“Mother I brought you something to drink,” I hear Wooyoung say as I walk back over to our group. Mommy’s boy. No wonder mom likes him best. This sickens me. I fake gag as I try to find Victoria, the only person on this trip that I like. I wouldn’t have agreed to come if it weren’t for Jonghyun though.

“Have you seen Victoria?” I ask Taeyeon curiously as I look around. I suddenly spot a figure wearing the same pink top as Victoria was wearing. That’s her. But who is she talking to?

 

Victoria’s POV

I was looking for something to do while we wait until we can go on the plane. I suddenly spot two familiar faces. Oh my god! What are they doing here?

“Sooyoung, Yuri, why are you guys here?” I ask as I walk up to them. They turn around and smile as they see me.

“Unnie, you look great. And you’re glowing. Well that’s what we should expect if you’re pregnant. We haven’t seen you in forever,” they beam enthusiastically.

“Nichkhun’s cousin is getting married in Paris and he asked me if I would come with him,” I reply. I’m so glad to see them again.

“Our friend Jessica from when we were younger called and said she was getting married in Paris and wanted us to be there so we used some of the money I won to go,” Yuri says happily as I see Nichkhun walking over.

“I’m really going to miss Kyuhyun oppa when we go. He was too busy to wish me farewell,” Sooyoung complains as Nichkhun appears next to me.

“Victoria we need to go,” he says as he drags me away from them. Well that was rude but I should expect that from someone like Nichkhun.

“Bye guys see you soon,” I wave to them as I follow him.