Views of Love

His Story, Her Story... Their Story

 

Nichkhun’s POV        

 

Uh why am I even here? I should not have agreed to this.

“I’ve got you now!” one kid shouts to his friend, pushing past me. Don’t these kids have manners or anything?

“Nichkhun sweetie glad you could make it,” Mom says as I walked through the front door. Yah, you say that mom but you don’t even mean it.

Once upon a time… 30 years ago… a woman named Tiffany met Junsu. He was the heir to is family fortune and she lived in the countryside. Despite the difference in lifestyles, they fell in love at first sight. They got married straight away and had kids that fast too. Too bad they only loved one kid. The one with the grades and polite to everyone. The one that was not me.

“Oh look whose here. My baby brother Nichkhun,” Wooyoung says as he came from the kitchen with food in his hands.

Look, mom doesn’t even try to defend me. But if I were to say something to him mom becomes all protective. And look whose there, my nerd of an older brother. 2 years makes you hardly older than me. I’m bigger, tougher and stronger.

“Uncle Khun is here. Uncle Khun!” my nephew Chansung screeches as he ran up and hugged me tightly. He is normally the only one who cares if I’m not there. I would never have come if he hadn’t begged me to. It was his birthday after all and he wanted his favourite uncle to be there. Wait a second. I am his only uncle.

 

“Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Chansung. Happy birthday to you!” they sang with Taeyeon leading them all. Now how do I explain Taeyeon?

Well she isn’t as pretty as other girls but good enough for Wooyoung. They married straight after they graduated high school. And she acts like such a smart all the time.

After she came into our lives I was pushed further into the background. None of my parent’s friends knew any Nichkhun. They only knew the prized possession called Wooyoung who had all the grades, set up his own company and was following in dad’s footsteps. The show off!

 

I could have done that - if anyone actually bothered to pay attention to me.

In this family it’s Five is great and Six is a crowd. No one really ever wants me around. Like I care. I’ve got a great life without them in it. Dad puts money into the bank for me. I can spend spend spend without a care in the world.

 

“Let’s open presents,” Chansung said as he tugged my shirt so I would go with him.

After hours (and I mean hours) of careful unwrapping and opening, he ended up having lots of new toys.  As he was admiring them, I found a way to leave the hell hole and go home where I belong.

 

“Khun honey. Come home again soon, okay,” mom said as I walked out of the door. Huh, you wish! I walked out of the door without a word.

Thank god it’s over. This is why I am the way I am. The reason why I hate love… because no one has ever loved me. I once believed that my parents loved me. It wasn’t real love and it was too painful for me to ever fall in love again.

 

 

Victoria’s POV

“Victoria!!!!!!” my boss shouts angrily from his office. What does he want now?!

I drag myself over to the office leaving muddy footprints on the ground. It was raining outside and like always I forgot my umbrella. That should explain why I look like I drowned rat covered in mud.

“Yes sir,” I say politely. Well I didn’t want to lose my job, did I? NO. Life is as hard as it is. I was still struggling to get by.

“Get me some coffee and pick up my dry cleaning. NOW!” He shouts. Wow! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I better just do what he says.

After picking up his unmentionables from the Dry Cleaners, I drag my to the coffee shop.

On my way there, I saw a guy proposing to his girlfriend in the park. I couldn’t help but stand and watch them. He was down on one knee and held the ring out to her, giing her a heartfelt look to show how much he loved her. It was so perfect. I wish I could be like that with my prince charming. When he comes of course.

“What can I get for you honey?” Heechul asks as I walked into the coffee place where he worked. Heechul’s my best friend since I first moved to Seoul and also my roommate. At first I had a huge crush on him. I even asked him to go to the dance with me. But he dropped a bombshell, telling me he was gay. Worst day of my life, I’m telling you!

We also live in the same apartment - with a few other best friends: Yuri, Sooyoung and Sulli: since we all can’t afford to get our own apartments.

“One large cappuccino, two sugars, lots of milk and extra foam,” I say slowly since I don’t want to get it wrong. It has happened before. Let’s just say he isn’t very happy when I do so.

 “This boss of yours has a real specific taste doesn’t he?” Heechul asks. I nod as he hands me the coffee. My eyes land on my watch. Uh, I only have 15 minutes to get back to the office on time before he kills me.

I run out of the coffee shop and towards the office building.

“What took you so long?” he asks angrily as I put the coffee on his desk.

“Sorry sir. It won’t happen again,” I say for the nth time and went back to my desk just like I do every single day. How could I even be late? I still have 5 inutes to spare. But I have to be like this until Prince Charming comes for me.

The beautiful sun sets from the sky and I can start the ong journey home.

As I step in the apartment I am greeted by the usual sight of Yuri’s shoes everywhere- she spends all her money on shoes, it’s unbelievable- , Heechul’s wigs scattered across the floor and Sooyoung devouring our food supply. Home sweet home.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

“Khun, Khuuun, bro are you even listening to me?” Taecyeon asks. Uh, can’t he realise I’m trying to ignore him. The fact that he’s all up in my face doesn’t make it very easy though.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT? I shout angrily. his constant pestering was really getting to me. Just like it walways does.

“I just wanted to know how Chansung’s birthday party went yesterday,” he explains. I can’t stay mad at Taec anyway. He’s my best friend since childhood.

“They wouldn’t leave me alone. They were all Nichkhun this and Khun come here and it was so frustrating having to deal with them all,” I answer.

“What are you two doing? Get back to work,” the boss says angrily as he walks past my office door. Well what’s his problem? Having wife troubles again or something.

This is why I don’t want to get married. Your wife always getting you to do things with her and having to live in a house full of all that girly crap that they like. It’s a total nightmare.

I went back to my office and stare at the wall. Is my life really this boring? It’s not normal for people to just stare into space. Just do your work and then go to the club with Taec and bring someone back home to play with. I chuckle to myself quietly. I am so bad.

I head out of the office by 5 and went back to my apartment. It was isolated. Not a sound could be heard. This is the way I like my life. No distractions. Nothing.

 

Victoria’s POV

I come home just like any other day to find my home in the same state I left it in. Yuri was in front of the TV… waiting for the lottery results to come up. Heechul was brushing his wigs. Sooyoung and Sulli were arguing over food in the kitchen. None of them noticed me standing there. But I can’t blame them. Everyone is too busy.

“Hi Vic. How was work?” Heechul asks kindly as I flop onto the sofa next to Yul. She looks at me annoyed, lifting the popcorn closer towards her.

“My life . I’m stuck with an awful job for the most annoying man in the world,” I complain and rest my head on Yuri’s shoulder.

“Come on Yuri, you have to win this,” Yuri says to herself as she kisses the lottery ticket for good luck. It’s such a waste of money doing that thing. The most likely case scenario - she loses, complains to the rest of us about being extremely unlucky. We have to sit through it like we do every…single… week.

I slowly make my way over to my room. I need my rest before work tomorrow. The boss has like 3 meeting which I have to be present at. God, I hate my life!

I glance over at the picture I keep next to my bed. The one of me, umma and appa. We looked so happy then.

Umma, Appa if you hear me now, I miss you so much. There isn’t one day when I don’t think of you both. Please help me out in the world. After you died life has become so hard for me.

“Aahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!” someone screams from the living room. I run in and see Yuri in the middle of a happy dance in front of the TV.  Everyone else just watched her like she was some sort of freak. Can someone tell me what is going on?

“Unnie, look look. I won. I won the lottery!” she shrieks as she hugs me and continues to jump up and down. This girl is kidding me. She won the lottery?

I take the slip from her hands and looked at the Television screen with the exact same numbers printed on it. My mouth opens widely, shocked by what I was seeing. She just won $250,000.

“I’m going to share it all out with you all but still keep some to set up a dance studio. Isn’t it fantastic? We have to celebrate. Tomorrow we are all going to the club. And maybe Vic can’t meet Prince Charming,” she adds.

“I was expecting you to spend it on more shoes,” Sooyoung teases, earning a smack over the head from Yuri. At least something in my life is brightening up.

 


 

 

Hi everyone. Just finished editing this chapter so yeah it's slightly perfected and better lol.

Thanks for reading,

love from coolgirlaamy xxx