Thirty-Seven

Unspoken Thoughts

July 2010

 

Feelings are annoying, but also intriguing. Especially when it comes to love. 

One minute you could be soaring high in the clouds, light as a feather, and the next, you're falling into a deep pit of thorns and jagged limestones.

It's frightening to be honest. How someone could hold so much power without even knowing it.

Willingly giving your heart to someone, knowing they could do anything, trusting them not to throw it away.

But what happens when they don't want it? They would easily pick up your heart, rip it to tiny pieces, and throw it on the ground, stepping on it to worsen the bruise, and finally leave you to pick up the broken pieces yourself. 

Love is nice. What comes along with it? Not all so nice.

Along with love, comes happiness, joy, affection, appreciation, caring, laughter and smiles. 

Along with love, also comes jealousy, rejection, betrayal, longing, heartbreak, fear and pain.

Are they directly related? Maybe, maybe not. Depends, I suppose.

Seeing you like this makes me think and wonder. Would things have been different? Or would it be the same? If I'd reached out to you sooner, would you treat me the way you treat him? 

No point in wondering all that now, you'd think. 

Unspoken thoughts, silent longing, and voiceless confessions heard by no one but myself.

Would they reach out to anyone? Maybe.

One day.