Track 5

Voice of the Heart [hiatus]

I'm back ^^ well... partially back, I've still got my last exams later but I love all of you fellow Inspirits so much which is why I decided to update now ^^

Disclaimer: songs used are: You by B2ST, Can U Smile by INFINITE and On Rainy days by B2ST. Even the traslations are not mine ^^

the piano piece that Sung Jong used as practice is entitled Lacie by Yuki Kajiura from the anime Pandora Hearts.

 


 

When Sung Jong got to the bathroom to wash up and clean his multi-colored face he noticed a few clothes lazily thrown atop the toilet seat.

“This aren’t Gyu-hyung’s clothes?” said Sung Jong to himself as he inspected the clothes. He then noticed there was paint all over the uniform refreshing his memories. “It’s Sung Yeol-hyung’s! he must have left it when he took a shower here.”

Sung Jong laughed at his immature hyung. He really reminded him of Dong Woo. It would be great to have a brother like him thought Sung Jong. “I’ll just let the maids clean it so that I could return it to him tomorrow.” He then called for one of the maids to clean his hyung’s dirty clothes.

 

Meanwhile with Sung Yeol…

Woolim’s choding was happily walking to his house while singing along to the music through his earphones earning him a few smiles from random passerbys.

♪♫I’m gonna make you love me nul saranghandago [I love you]
Nan niga isseo haengbokhae ounjaena neoppun in geol [I’m only happy when you are here, I always just need you]♫♪

‘I wonder if Angel-sshi uploaded a full version of his new song?’ thought Sung Yeol. ‘I wonder if he’s online as well? He’s really fun to chat with, just like Sung Jongie.’

At the thought of Sung Jong the tall boy stopped in his tracks. He then started to panic and look through his bag even going as far as scattering his things on the street.

“My clothes!”  Sung Yeol cried earning him weird glances from passerbys. “I must have left it at Jongie’s!” he then shoved everything into his bag then made a dash to Sung Jong’s house.

 

At Sung Jong’s house…

“I’m done showering hyung!” called Sung Jong as he went down the stairs.

“I’m at the kitchen!” called Sung Gyu and Sung Jong went to the sound of his voice.

When he entered the kitchen he saw Sung Gyu was cooking Janchi guksu by the stove.

“Why are you cooking hyung?”

“I wanted something hot for the cold weather.” Sung Gyu replied casually.

“But why are you cooking?” asked Sung Jong emphasizing the word you.

“Just cause.” Sung Gyu replied happily as he laid a bowl of warm Janchi guksu in front of his brother. Sung Jong just raised an eyebrow at the elder.

“What?” Sung Gyu asked as he sat across Sung Jong. The younger one just looked at him suspiciously. “Alright! A 2nd year student auditioned at the club.”

“Oh?” Sung Jong said as he slurped the noodles. “What’s so special about that that’s got you cooking?”

“You see…” started his brother. “The girl sang this great song, I think it went like this:

♪♫And, Can you smile?

niga weonhajana [you want this,]

niga barajanha [you hope for this]

nae mam maneuroneun [I can’t seem to have you]

neol jabeul suga obtneungabwa [with only my heart]♫♪

 

Sung Jong just gaped at his brother like a fish out of water.

 “She said that Angel was the one who inspired her to sing and try for the audition.” smiled Sung Gyu.

“…”

“Are you speechless of your own awesomeness Jongie?” laughed Sung Gyu as he finished the last of his noodles.

“I’m not that great.” mumbled Sung Jong while blushing lightly.

“Did you not hear me Sung Jong? Angel inspires people, YOU inspire people!”

Sung Jong just became more flustered at his hyung’s words. He couldn’t look Sung Gyu in the eye and just silently finished his meal.

“Aish.” Sung Gyu exclaimed in defeat. “One day I will get you out of that little bubble of yours. But for now finish your food, or else you’ll  be the one to clean the dishes.”

“Done!” cried Sung Jong as he slurped the last of his noodles. “I’m gonna use the music room now hyung!” he said before he went out of the room.

 

Sung Jong felt really guilty with himself. His friends and brother were doing so much to boost his confidence but he just can’t picture himself singing live in front of people just imagining it is making him feel nervous already.

As he entered the music room he went straightly direct to the piano. Music always lets him forget about his problems even if it’s just for a while. His slender fingers touched the cold keys of the piano and he started to play a little melancholic piece. He would always play this untitled piece first before he starts to play any song on the piano. It was the first piano piece he ever learned and it was taught to him and Sung Gyu by their mom.

After exercising his fingers he started to play the unfinished song he uploaded last night, which he decided to entitle ‘On Rainy Days’ as suggested by ForeverAChoding.

♪♫Sesangi eoduwojigo [When the world turns dark]
Joyonghi biga naerimyeon [And the rain quietly falls]
Yeojeonhi geudaero [Everything is still]
Oneuldo eogimeobsi nan [Even today, without a doubt]
Beoseonajil motane [I can’t get out of it]
Neoui saenggak aneseo [I can’t get out from the thoughts of you]♫♪

He continued to play the song and because he was so immersed with playing he didn’t notice the door bell to their house was ringing.

 

“Who’s there?” the Lee family’s butler asked.

“Uhmm…” started Sung Yeol as he stood outside the door. “I’m a friend of Sung Jong. I was the one who left a while ago, I seem to have forgotten my uniform so maybe I could get it now?”

“Ah yes. The uniform with the paint on it.” the butler said as he opened the door for Sung Yeol. He then stared at Sung Yeol for a few seconds making the other uncomfortable.

“Is there something wrong?” asked the boy.

“You seem awfully familiar…” the butler mumbled.

“Maybe I just have one of those faces.” Sung Yeol laughed while looking at another direction.

“Maybe,” said the other as he straightened himself. “Your uniform is at the laundry room across the hall. It’s pass the music room, I think Master Sung Jong is playing in there right now so I suggest that you don’t disturb him.”

“Thanks.” replied Sung Yeol as he went to the direction the butler pointed. ‘I didn’t know Sung Jongie could play an instrument. But then again, Sung Gyu-hyung is one of the most musically gifted student in our school.’

He proceeded to the laundry room and as he gets nearer he could hear the piano playing a familiar tune.

‘Where have I heard this before?’ Sung Yeol thought. When he got in front of the door which he determined was the music room he pressed his ears against the door and soon enough he could hear a sweet voice along with the beautiful piano.

♪♫Ije kkeuchiraneun geol aljiman [Now, I know that it’s the end]
Miryeoniran geol aljiman [I know that it’s all just foolishness]
Ije anil geol aljiman [Now I know that it’s not true]
Geukkajit jajonsime neol japji motaetdeon naega [I am just disappointed in myself for]
Jogeum aswiul ppuninikka [Not being able to get a hold of you because of that pride]♫♪

‘Angel-sshi?’ thought Sung Yeol. ‘Wait a minute! The butler said Sung Jong was playing right now so does that mean Jongie is Angel-sshi?!?’

Sung Yeol’s mind was in a complete frenzy right now. He felt himself going hysterical at this new inquired information. ‘Is he playing the finished version of ‘On Rainy Days’ right now?!?’ and as if Sung Jong heard him he heard the chorus part which Angel uploaded last night.

♪♫Biga oneun naren nareul chajawa [On the rainy days you come and find me]
Bameul saewo goerophida [Torturing me through the night]
Biga geuchyeogamyeon neodo ttaraseo [When the rain starts to stop, you follow]
Seoseohi jogeumssik geuchyeogagetji [Slowly, little by little, you will stop as well]♫♪

‘Uwaaahh!!’ thought Sung Yeol.‘He sounds even better live!’ Sung Yeol could have fangirled behind the door all day if he wanted to but the weird look he got from a random maid made him stop.

The choding was now torn between two decisions: should he just get his uniform and leave or come barging into the music room? Before he could think abou it anymore his hands moved and he knocked at the large wooden door.

“Come in!” hollered Sung Jong behind the door and Sung Yeol did as he was told.

The first thing he saw was Sung Jong’s back facing him as the other continued to play the white grand piano. There were other instruments in the room, some were native while others were electronic. The boy at the piano doesn’t seem to know yet that it was Sung Yeol who came in.

“Neh, Gyu-hyung?” Sung Jong started to say as he paused in playing. He then faced at Sung Yeol while looking at a piece of paper. “What do you think about this part?” he then started to sing acapella:

♪♫Ije neoreul da jiwonaetjiman [Now, I erased all of you]
Modu da biwonaetjiman [I emptied out all of you]
♫♪

“Do you think it’s alright or is it a little redundant?” Sung Jong asked while biting onto his pen still not looking up from the lyrics he wrote.

“I think it’s perfect.” Sung Yeol replied with a smile.

‘That is NOT Gyu-hyung’s voice!’ Sung Jong thought as his eyes widened and he looked at the person by the door. “Sung yeol-hyung!” cried Sung Jong dropping his paper and pen with the process.

“Hi.” Sung Yeol said with a smile as he went nearer to the gaping teen and grabbed his fallen things on the floor. “You dropped this, Angel-sshi.”

“I… Wha?” Sung Jong was a complete loss of words.

“It’s rude to gape at people like that Jongie.” smiled Sung Yeol as he gently closed the younger’s mouth.

“Wha- What are you doing here hyung???” Sung Jong managed to ask.

“I forgot my uniform so I went back to get it.” Sung yeol started to explain. “Which makes me glad cause I get to find out how amazing you really are Jongie.”

“I’m not that great hyung,” mumbled the feminine teen.

“What are you talking about?!?” Sung yeol said. “Have you heard yourself? You’re really talented and really nice too. You even cheered me up when I was alone last night.”

“Last night? Wait a minute!” Sung Jong said as he stared at his hyung. “You’re ForeverAChoding?!?”

“Weird penname, huh?” laughed the elder.

“It’s not.” smiled Sung Jong. “It actually suits you hyung.”

“Just like how Angel is perfect for you Jongie.” replied Sung Yeol making the younger one blush. “Aigoo~ you’re just so cute !” exclaimed Sung Yeol as he piched the others cheeks.

“Hyung!” whined Sung Jong.

“Sorry Sung Jongie, but your red cheeks are just so pinchable.”

“No their not.” Sung Jong pouted as he rubbed his pinched cheeks.

“I could take you home if I could.” the choding teased. “But I think Gyu-hyung would hunt me down if I did.”

“Speaking of home, it’s getting late hyung.” Sung Jong said with a worried face.

“Meh.” shrugged Sung Yeol. “I’ll just text my driver to pick me up.” he then grabbed his phone and started pressing the buttons on the screen

“Ok.” smiled Sung Jong relieved. He didn’t want his hyung to go home this dark.

“In the meantime,” started Sung Yeol as he pressed send on his phone. “Maybe you could do a live performance for me?”

“I can’t!” Sung Jong said defensively.

“But you just did a while ago,” whined Sung Yeol. “Maybe I should go behind the door again for you to sing.”

“You don’t need to do that hyung!”

“Then pleeeeaaaassssee sing me a song?” aked Sung Yeol trying to add aegyo into it making the singer laugh.

“That look doesn’t work on you hyung!” laughed Sung Jong.

Hearing Sung Jong laugh made Sung Yeols heart flutter and he decided he liked hearing the other boys laugh and seeing his smiling face. He didn’t know why though but he just concluded that he’s content with being confused about his feelings for now.

He then decided to make the other laugh some more so he covered his face with his hands and then after a few seconds he revealed his famous owl face making the younger laugh out loud while holding his stomach.

“Hyung! I can’t-” Sung Jong can’t seem to finish his words as he laughed.

“I made you laugh Jongie.” Sung Yeol said. “So maybe you could repay me by playing me a song?”

“Fine hyung~” Sung Jong said while still laughing. “Just one song though.”

“Yay!” cried Sung Yeol like a little kid. He then sat on the floor near the piano as he looked at Sung Jong like a little kid who was watching a magic show for the first time.

When Sung Jong started to play Sung Yeol could feel the whole world disappear around him as if only he and Sung Jong were the only people in the world. The younger one didn’t feel nervous anymore while playing in front of his hyung, in fact it felt really natural to him.

Sung Jong didn’t just play 1 song that night because even though he played those songs countless of times before, playing them in front of Sung Yeol made them sound very special in their hearts.

 


 

As I've said before I've still got 2 exams left =P [Theology and English can't be that hard, can it?] and then after that I've got a Christmas party to go to ^^ so for all those who are waiting for an update on MyungJong's Dictionary please wait a while longer... I promise to update it by tomorrow!! [or if I get home early by tonight kekeke~]

and thanks for the support guys ^^ I think I did better on my exams because of you guys kekeke~

 

LeeTacyeon: AlmightyDiva is Key while philippine_cow is Thunder [watch MBLAQ's Sesame Player and you'll know how I came up with it ^^] the rest you've got them all right ^^

poptarts: yup its Thunder ^^ and YAY!!!!!! school's finally over =)) [well at least for Christmas...]

o0saranglove0o: the hug scene was just EPIC!!! and yes ALL the girls accept Sung Jong ^^ [I just can't bring myself to write ANYONE to hate baby Jongie] actually I was planning for Yeollie to find out in Track 4 but it just became so long [and I really needed to study] so I cut it into Track 5 ^^

abbyjjang: the MyungJong moments will come at the next chapter ^^ and I'm glad you liked the girls in my story =))

InfiniteYunJaeLove: the part with the one eyed cat was actually based on my experience XD when I got out of the house a cat with one eye was by the gate and when I came back from school it was still there O_O and you're right, HamGyu NEEDS to deal with his BroCom soon LOL XD

inspirit_shawol: philippine_cow is Thunder ^^ [watch MBLAQ's Sesame Player and you'll know how I came up with it ^^]

hyundeul: *hi-five back* hehehe thank you ^^ and YeolJong moments are daebak =))

nguyenamyblob: DongWoo is just DongWoo like that ^^ there will be WooGyu [since there my 2nd OTP next to MyungJong ^^] I'm just looking for the right mment to insert it...

JunHyungMine: I was planning to let Yeolie find out in the prvious chapter but it became soooooooo long so I cut it up to here ^^ and I hope you also do well in your exams ^^