Track 16

Voice of the Heart [hiatus]

Murmurs and a few shrieks were heard from the audience when the lights went out and the curtains shut while Sunggyu and Min were near hysterics by what just happened.

"This must be Myungsoo and Sungyeol's doing!" accused Min.

"Okay, Okay," Sunggyu said trying to calm down the petite girl as he assessed the situation. "Dongwoo, Hoya look for those two idiots and tie them down until the play ends, we'll act like what we did is part of the play."

Dongwoo and Hoya quickly got unto the task they were given as Sunggyu then grabbed a walkie talkie from the back of his pants and started giving out commands to the play's crew.

"Actors, do what is heard. Narrator-sshi, repeat after me," Sunggyu said as he began to course the story back on track.

 

As soon as Jenna and Darren's lips met Jenna felt dizzy as the world turned black and she could feel something turn inside her as her chest felt warm and free all of a sudden and the last thing she heard was Prince Darren calling out her name as he held on her tight.

 

"Lights on, curtains open," Sunggyu ordered and the crew obediently obliged. "Taemin get out of the scene and Sungjong stir awake and try to act what the narrator says."

 

When Princess Jenna started to wake she first looked for the Prince but he was nowhere to be found.

"Darren?" Jenna called out, a bit of panic in her voice. "Darren where are you?"

Jenna started to panic as she looked around her when suddenly she heard a crash in her kitchen making her stand on her feet and rush to the source of the noise only to see the prince standing near the sink staring at a fallen basin and water on the floor.

"Darren what happened?" was Jenna first question.

"Jenna?" the prince said as he turned around and instantly rused to the princess and enveloped her in a hug. "Oh Jenna darling, I was so worried. You suddenly passed out right after I kissed you and I thouht I did somethin horribly wrong."

"The only thin wrong with your kisses is how they make ladies fall for you," Jenna joked as the prince pulled away from their hug with a grin.

"Are you sayin you've fallen for me my dear princess?" Darren asked.

"Why I-" Jenna blushed and was about to deny her feelings when she noticed something new with the prince. "Darren, your eyes are open."

"The huckleberries wore off while you were asleep my dear," Darren smiled looking even more handsome with his brown eyes but then he frowned wen Jenna pulled away.

"Then you must want to leave now," Jenna started tearing up. "I won't hold you back."

"Why would I leave?" Darren asked quiet confused. "Do you not want me here?"

"Of course i want you here," Jenna stated with a sob. "But I'm afraid that it is you that do not want me near."

"Why would I not want to be near you?" Darren asked. "Jenna, the only thing I want is to be near you, whenever I can. I want to hear your heartbeat next to mine. I love you too much to bear being apart from you."

"You... You love me?" the princess asked in disbelief as she turned to look at the prince. "You love me?"

"Yes," the prince said with a gentle smile as he held the other's hands. "And if you don't believe me then I will spend my life proving my love to you."

The princess finally broke down and started sobbing as the prince held her in his arms.

"I have never felt how to be loved," the princess admitted.

"Then I will shower you with my love to make up for all those times," the prince said as he held the princess closer. "So don't cry anymore my love."

The princess finally hugged the prince back as she felt the honesty in his words and could think of nothing but new beginnings and bright tomorrows.

 

A single spotlight was focused on Taemin and Sungjong’s hugging form before that dimmed too signaling the end of the play and the audience’s loud cheers and applause.

The lights went on again and this time the whole cast was on the stage bowing to each side of the auditorium with Sungjong and Taemin in the middle. The audience stood up and clapped even louder and Sungjong could even see that some of the girls’ had tears in their eyes making him smile bigger and just feel proud of himself at what he had just accomplished.

When the lights dimmed again and the curtains closed Sungjong went rushing backstage into his proud hyung’s arms.

“Gyu-hyung!” Sungjong cried happily. “I did it!”

“Told you you can do it,” Sunggyu said as he hugged his brother back.

“I’m so proud of you baby Jongie!” Woohyun said as he joined in the hug.

“Where’s Dongwoo?” Sungjong asked.

“Oh… um…” Sunggyu and Min looked at each other. “He’s with Hoya somewhere, along with Myungsoo and Sungyeol, helping the crew clean up.”

“Meaning you should clean up too Jongie,” Min advised. “Or else Sunggyu will nag you at how ‘un-protected’ you are in that dress.”

“It’s too flowy!” Sunggyu defended himself as he slightly lifted up the dress. “See! Now go change before some ert shows up.”

Sungjong just had to laugh before following his hyung and going to his dressing room to change not expecting to find Myungsoo and Sungyeol tied up in chairs with Dongwoo and Hoya watching over them.

“Hello?” Sungjong said making his presence known and getting the attention of the room’s occupants.

“Sungjong!” Dongwoo immediately tackled his best friend in a hug. “You were so amazing Sungjong! No wait. You were better than amazing! You were just so incredible and awesome and I’m just so proud of you Jongie!”

“Thanks hyung,” Sungjong laughed as Dongwoo hugged him and spun him around letting his wig lose and finally falling on the ground revealing his usual but a lot more messy brown hair.

“Careful Dongwoo,” Hoya said stopping the two from spinning. “The two of you might trip.”

“Sorry,” Dongwoo laughed sheepishly as the two of them settled down.

“So why is Myungsoo-hyung and Sungyeol-hyung all tied up?” Sungjong finally asked.

“Oh… um… they kinda accidentally tripped on the light switch earlier,” Hoya lied.

“And then accidentally pulled on the curtains ropes,” Dongwoo supplied.

“Then I guess Sunggyu-hyung didn’t want them near the stage anymore after that incident,” Sungjong laughed, oblivious to the real reason, as he walked towards his two tied up hyung’s and untied the cloth around their mouths. “You two really gave Sunggyu-hyung a hard time earlier, it was like he was re-writing the whole story as he tried to course the story back on track.”

“But I bet you still did everything perfectly Jongie,” Sungyeol smiled dorkly.

“Just like everything you do,” Myungsoo added with his own small smile making the youngest blush at his words.

“Y-You should thank Sunggyu-hyung for saving the play,” Sungjong said.

“But if you didn’t portray it perfectly then the whole play would be a mess,” Myungsoo stated and Sungjong swore his heart beat faster.

“Taemin acted too you know,” Sungjong laughed trying to hide his blush.

“Him too,” Myungsoo said. “But I like you so I’m praising you more.”

Sungjong didn’t know what to say anymore as he stared at his hyung and just tried so hard to keep his blush down not even noticing how Sungyeol watched their little exchange with feelings he couldn’t explain before he awkwardly laughed to get rid of the current silence.

“Now I really want to be untied before Myung’s cheesiness seeps through me,” Sungyeol said with a forced smile.

“Oh my god I almost forgot you two are tied up!” Dongwoo suddenly exclaimed as he and SUngjong released the two of their bounds.

“Now that you’re free,” Sungjong started. “Maybe you could all go out now so I can be out of this dress?”

“But I like you in that dress~” Sungyeol whined earning a light punch from Sungjong.

“I think it’ll look better o you though hyung,” Sungjong offered. “Would you like to try?”

“No no,” Sungyeol said backing w=away and pushing the others with him. “We’ll just wait for you by the auditorium’s entrance.”

“I’ll be quick,” Sungjong laughed as the door shut.

Before the four of them could get any further though Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol to the side telling Dongwoo and Hoya that they’ll be with them in a bit.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Sungyeol lied.

“Don’t lie to me Yeol,” Myungsoo said sternly.

“Aish,” Sungyeol sighed as he scratched the back of his head, trust Myungsoo to see right through him. “I guess I’m just thinking about how I feel for Sungjong.”

Myungsoo stayed quiet urging the other to go on.

“It’s just that,” Sungyeol sighed trying to find the right words. “Sungjong’s special to me, that I can say for sure, but I don’t think he’s as special to me as he is to you.”

Myungsoo quirked an eyebrow at his friend’s words.

“I don’t think I love him like you do,” Sungyeol admitted. “It’s like… how Sunggyu loves him? But not as protective.”

“So…?”

“What I’m saying is that I won’t stand in between you and your courting with Jongie,” Sungyeol smiled as he placed a hand on his friend’s shoulder.

Myungsoo felt a wave of relief through his heart and mind cause in all honesty he never wants to fight with Sungyeol, especially over a person.

“Are you sure?”

“Yup,” Sungyeol smiled and gave him a thumbs up, reassuring his friend. “I have to warn you though, Sungjong’s just a bottle of sunshine so I feel like I’ll be a bit more protective of him, like another older brother.”

Myungsoo just smiled nervously at his friend, he thought getting pass the hurdle named Lee Sunggyu was hard enough now he has to go over the hurdle named Yoon Sungyeol too.

The challenges towards Sungjong’s heart just gets more and more impossible.

“Where’s the fun with no challenges?” Myungsoo laughed shakily as he kept his determination to make Lee Sungjong his.

 


 

hi... wow... it's been like more than a year since I last updated... and i don't blame you if you want to kill me... especially with this cheesy chapter... but please don't hate this awful author, I'm trying my best to update I swear but there's just to many things happening in real life so I'm really sorry that I don't update and that this will be my last update for a while...

I'm so sorry that the play thingy seems rushed... but I was actually planning something much sadder [the prince, just like everyone else, didn't love the princess once he can see] but it's Christmas so I can't do that :)

I read my previous chapters to see where I got off and OMG why the hell is my writing so cheesy and corny?? then I was like 'oh yeah, Nam Woohyun is my bias in INFINITE...'

anyways... you can take this chapter as a Christmas present of sorts :D and I'll try to update my other unfinished fics once each this Christmas break ^^

hope you guys have awesome holidays!!