Bonus Track (How YaDong Came To Be)

Voice of the Heart [hiatus]

The next day at school people could clearly see how well developed Myung Soo, Sung Yeol and Sung Jong's relationship with each other suddenly is. Dong Woo instantly clicked with Sung Yeol since the two of them were absolutely kids at heart and he got along fine with Myung Soo saying that the silent kingka was more talkative than he thought. Sung Jong was glad they got along fine since he didn't want his-new-found-friends and his-best-friend-ever-since-the-world-started dislike each other.

Lunch finally came and Dong Woo and Sung Jong went to the lunch room together meeting Hoya at their usual table. Then Myung Soo and Sung Yeol suddenly approached them.

"Can we sit with you guys?" asked Sung Yeol a little sheepishly.

"Sure hyung." smiled Sung Jong. Then Myung Soo and Sung Yeol sat at either side of Sung Jong while Hoya and Dong Woo sat across the trio.

"Hi." Hoya greeted since his the only one who was not personally acquainted with the two kingkas. "I'm-"

"Wait! Let me guess!" Sung Yeol cried cutting Hoya in the process. "You're Ho Won right?"

"Ding Dong Daeng~" Hoya said with a smile signaling that Sung Yeol was right. "But you can call me Hoya. So how'd you guess right?"

"Dong Woo kept mentioning you when we were talking in class," smiled Sung Yeol.

"Really now?" smirked Hoya as he looked at his lover. "And what were you telling to them about me?"

"You know," Dong Woo said laughing a bit shakily, averting his eyes from Hoya's. "The usual stuff."

"So the usual stuff would be your walks along the beach during the sunset?" Myung Soo suddenly teased with a smirk making the two Sung's laugh and the couple in front of them blush a little.

"I did not say such embarrasing things!" cried Dong Woo.

"Then how about your moonlight picnic together?" Myung Soo continued with a grin that could rival the Cheshire Cat's.

"I... I..." Dong Woo, for the first time after a long time, was at a loss of words.

"Dong Woo," Hoya started after a while and now the occupant of their table were all looking at him. "I didn't know that you wanted to do those kinds of things."

To say that Dong Woo was shocked is an understatement. The boy's mouth was hanging open as he stared at his lover with wide eyes. Hoya, on the other hand, just had a smile on his face as he looked at his embarrassed dinosaur.

Hoya just gently closed Dong Woo's mouth as he stood up and then entwined his hands with the other's.

"Come on Dong Woo." Hoya said. "I heard they finally have the Berry Berry Strawberry ice cream. We can eat it while we discuss our moonlight picnic."

"Why am I always the one who's teased?" whined Dong Woo as he let Hoya take him to the ice cream shop of their school.

"Cause it's fun to do." laughed Hoya. "But whoever said I was teasing?"

"You..." started Dong Woo as he looked suspiciously at Hoya."You've been spending time with Woo Hyun-hyung, haven't you?"

 

As the couple left Myung Soo, Sung Jong and Sung Yeol couldn't help but laugh at Dong Woo's embarassment.

"They're a great couple huh?" Sung Yeol said with a smile.

"They weren't always like that though." Sung Jong said.

"What do you mean?" Myung Soo and Sung Yeol said simultaneously as they looked at Sung Jong.

The younger laughed at their synchronization and then he started to tell them YaDong's story.

 

Flashback

"Aish!" cried Dong Woo as he plopped down Sung Jong's bed. His dance class just finished and he was dead tired, not to mention irritated.

Sung Jong watched as his best friend rolled around his bed while muttering incoherent words into his pillow. His hyung has this same irritated face for a few days now and it was always after dance class and always for the same reason.

"What did Hoya-hyung do now?" asked Sung Jong calmly.

"He smirked at me Jongie!" exclaimed Dong Woo. "Right after he finished dancing awesomely he smirked at me!"

"Maybe he was just smiling." Sung Jong said. Dong Woo would always complain how arrogant Hoya is but he would still say how great he dances. Sung Jong sighed at the density of his hyung.

“Trust me Jong,” Dong Woo said while looking seriously at Sung Jong. “I know a smile from a smirk and that was a smirk.”

“Whatever rocks your boat hyung.” Sung Jong replied.

His best friend was seriously dense. He would be so irritated at Hoya and say that he hates him but Sung Jong knew better. This is just like the time with Hyo Yeon-noona. Dong Woo would always complain at how she was always miss-goody-two-shoes and that she always get a higher grade than him, but by the end of the term he quietly confessed to her at the back of the gym. But unfortunately Hyo Yeon politely refused him.

Dong Woo’s like-system was repeating again. He always hates on the person he likes before he finally accepts that he likes them. This time the target of his friend’s denial-affection is no other than Hoya. He has never seen him in person but he knows that he’s a really athletic person. Almost all of the sport clubs in school wants him as a member but he just declines them and says that he could act as a substitute rather than a regular so that it won’t conflict with his dancing time. It just proves that Hoya is very well dedicated and isn’t that arrogant like what his hyung says.

“So what’s for dinner Jongie?” asked Dong Woo snapping Sung Jong out of his thinking.

“I don’t know hyung.” Sung Jong said simply. He was used to Dong Woo eating here, he was after all extended family.

 

The next day…

“I’m gonna see Hoya again later,” Dong Woo said a bit dejected as school ended.

“He doesn’t seem that bad Woo.” Sung Jong replied. 

“Then how about you come with me to the studio?” asked the elder. “Then you can judge him again.”

“But I won’t do anything there hyung~” Sung Jong pouted.

“You could watch your awesome best friend dance.” Dong Woo said giving him his award winning smile. He then took Sung Jong’s hand to prevent any other protest from the younger boy. “Let’s go~”

When they got to the dance studio Dong Woo made Sung Jong sit at the back so that he could get a good view of how his best friend dances.

“Ok kids!” cried their instructor, Ye Seul. “I hope you’ve all been practicing those new steps you learned cause today you’re all going to perform them in front.” with that said the students groaned. “In pairs.” everyone suddenly looked around getting quiet nervous. “By picking draw lots.”

“No!” cried Dong Woo earning him a few stares. “I at draw lots!”

“Then you shall be the first to pick Dong Woo.” Yeseul said making Dong Woo pout but nonetheless obey his noona.

He slowly put his hand inside the box. His face looked like he was undergoing serious torture.

“The paper’s not gonna bite you.”

After being teased by his noona like that he quickly drew out his hand then looked carefully at the paper he picked he then started to stare at the paper with wide eyes hoping that he read wrong. But no matter how many times he rereads it the name on it doesn’t change. When he didn’t say anything after a while Yeseul took this as an opputunity to peak at the paper and announce his partner herself.

“Howon!” called Yeseul. “You’ll be dancing with Dong Woo. Go practice at the corner.”

At the sound of his name being called Hoya immediately stood up and went beside Dong Woo so that they could practice for their little performance. Sung Jong, being the observer that he is, noticed the small smile on Hoya’s lips as he went near to where his friend was standing. The two of them then went over to the corner near Sung Jong so that they could begin practicing.

“Ok,” Dong Woo started as he faced Hoya. “This’ll be the first time I work with you so please cooperate.”

“Sure,” Hoya said with a smirk.

‘It’s that irritating smirk again.’ Dong Woo thought as he gritted his teeth then turned away from Hoya. ‘If that smirk didn’t match his handsome face I would have slapped it right of!’

 The two of them then started to dance their routine. Sung Jong heard that it was their first time dancing together but he just couldn’t believe it. The two dancers were in perfect sync! Their hand movement, foot work and body language were in 100% synchronization. Hoya and Dong Woo complimented each other well thought Sung Jong, he could even see the bright smile in Dong Woo’s face signaling that he was having fun dancing with Hoya. One thing that didn’t go with them though were the bags at the corner. When one of the straps got hooked on Dong Woo’s leg causing him to topple over. Fortunately Hoya managed to catch him by the waist in time before his face hit the hard wooden floor.

“Hyung!” cried Sung Jong as he rushed to his friend. “Hyung are you alright?”

“I’m fine Jongie.” replied Dong Woo with a small laugh so that his friend won’t get to worried. “And you could let go of me now Hoya-sshi.”

But Hoya didn’t listen. Instead he gently helped Dong Woo stand up, but it instantly sent a wave of pain throughout the fallen dancer’s body making him hiss in pain and curse under his breath.

“I knew it.” Hoya said softly. “You twisted your ankle didn’t you.”

“It’s not that bad,” Dong Woo said with a reassuring smile. He didn’t want to bring Hoya down. “I could still dance.” Dong Woo tried to stand up right but was stopped by Hoya.

“Are you an idiot!” cried Hoya. “If you don’t get that ankle patched up soon then you won’t be able to dance. Ever!”

Dong Woo just stared at Hoya’s face and he could see the complete worry in his eyes. ‘Is he that worried for me?’ thought Dong Woo making him blush a little. His face then turned tomato red when Hoya suddenly carried him bridal style into his arms. Dong Woo was completely speechless by this act causing him to not protest and just be carried away by the other.

“Yeseul-noona!” called Hoya. “I’ll be taking Dong Woo to the infirmary.” after receiving a nod from their instructor Hoya then carried Dong Woo outside the room.

 

Once inside the infirmary Hoya settled Dong Woo on the bed and gently elevated his injured foot. He then went over to the medicine cabinet to get the first aid kit and some ice, he then placed the ice pack on Dong Woo’s swollen ankle.

“You call this not bad?” Hoya stated looking worriedly at Dong Woo. “What if you never dance again?!”

“Well,” Dong Woo started not really knowing what to say in this situation. “Why do you care?”

“Because… Aish!” exclaimed Hoya turning away from Dong Woo. The injured one could see the small blush on the others cheek making him smile a little. After a minute of silence Hoya then said in an audible whisper: “Cause you smile a lot when you dance.”

Dong Woo was quiet shocked by his answer and he just gaped at Hoya like a fish out of water. Hoya then turned to look at Dong Woo and the next words that came out of his mouth sent Dong Woo’s mind into a frenzy making his face bright red.

“And I like it when you smile.”

He was dreaming. This was the only logical explanation Dong Woo could think of on why he was hearing such things from Hoya and why his heart was beating so fast from his words. But no matter how hard he tries to think he was dreaming the pain on his ankle was preventing him to believe so.

“But you hate me?” Dong Woo blurted out without thinking.

“Whoever said I hated you?” Hoya asked incredulously.

“You…” Dong Woo started. Hoya was right no one actually said out loud that the other hated him, he just had this feeling from all the looks he gave him. “You always look at me like some kind of rival or something.”

“Sorry,” Hoya said as he removed the ice pack from the others foot. He then started to gently compress it with an elastic bandage. “I didn’t mean to stare at you like that. it’s just that you look like you’re having so much fun dancing.”

“Oh, I guess I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.” Dong Woo said sheepishly. “How about let’s start things again. Hi! I’m Jang Dong-Woo!” Dong Woo said with a bright smile.

“I’m Lee Howon but you can call me Hoya.” replied Hoya with a smile of his own.

 

A few months later and Hoya and Dong Woo were almost always together. Sung Jong also got along well with Hoya and eventually he also frequently came over to the younger’s house even if Dong Woo isn’t with him. And before they knew it one of them finally confessed their hidden feelings for each other.

“I like you Dong Woo.” Hoya suddenly said while they were going home from their dance class. “Even before the ankle incident.”

Dong Woo just stared at Hoya. Sure he’s been confessed to before but never from a guy and never from a person that he liked back. Which is why Dong Woo’s lips are starting to form a huge smile but now words are leaving his mouth making Hoya think twice about his smile.

“If,” Hoya started. “If you’re uncomfortable with what I just said you could forget about it. I wouldn’t want to ruin my current relationship with you.” with that said Hoya faced his back to Dong Woo and started to walk away only to be stopped by the other calling him.

“Yah!” cried Dong Woo as he started to march up to Hoya. “Lee Hoya! You dare walk away without hearing my answer?”

Hoya then looked back then came face to face with Dong Woo. He then repeated what he said but this time he added a “Would you go out with me?” at the end.

“Eh… Let me think about it.” mused Dong Woo pretending to think making Hoya’s lips frown. Dong Woo suddenly broke into a smile as he looked at Hoya. “Of course I’d go out with you. I was just teasing so get rid of that frown from your face, I like your smile better.”

End of Flashback

 

“And they’ve been together ever since.” Sung Jong said ending his story while smiling at Myung Soo and Sung Yeol who were listening to him like two children during story hour at the library.

 


(>^_^)><(^_^<) hugs to anyone who knows who Yeseul-noona is XD

YADONG!! >.< I just feel like this story lacked it which is why I made a Bonus Track for it ^^ [I tagged this story YaDong so I HAVE to put YaDong in it XD]

Sorry for the long wait... school started so I'll be kind of busy =P

who here ships Woohyun x Sungjong??? I am starting to ship them really bad >.< I even started a story about them ^^ read it please: Chained Destiny

My real life friend just started this story of hers and I suggest you all read it ^^ it's ChunjixOC[my friend] and L.JoexOC[me XD]: Stop Breaking My Heart

 

renprix: I wanted Jongie to sing lots of songs for Jaejoong but I got to excited in writing the getting-to-know-each-other-scene XD

LeeTacyeon: I kinda feel bad for Oga sometimes but it's still seriously funny XD and I'm very sorry for the confusion I caused with Jaejoong >.<

nguyenamyblob: IKR! having the ever motherly mother of TVXQ a a mother would be so awesome XD

InfiniteYunJaeLove: thank you ^^ I'm kinda new in writing YunJae parts and I've only watched a few videos of them so I don't really know how they'll act but I'm glad you liked it ^^ and don't worry =) I wouldn't want to get rid of you =D

mar1adyves5a: the 3 of them in your house would be so cool XD I don't think I'd ever want to go out ever again XD

BerrieDust: whether they're long or short comments always make me smile ^^

Cjloveskpop: thank you for the bunnies!! bunnies are just so adorable ^^ I shall take care of them dearly =)

Namitsutw: sorry for the confusion I mad =<  and I retained Jae's blindness because that part ehere they meet is just so cute I couldn't change it XD

ugogirl: ^_^ .......... o_O

inspirit4infinite: awww you make me blush ="> sorry again for the confusion >.<

inspirit0204: thank you so much ^^

inspirit_shawol: welcome back kekeke~ Jaejoongie is just an awesome straightforward mom like that XD

namikaze_jkc: welcome back ^^ and thank you so much =)