Track 11

Voice of the Heart [hiatus]

Disclaimer: We Hope To Become Lovers is by F.T. Island and For First Time Lovers (Banmal Song) is by Jung Yonghwa of CNBLUE

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END SO PLEASE READ ^^

 


 

“I’ll sing with you Jongie.” Myung Soo smiled as he held Sung Jong’s hand, shocking the latter a bit but nonetheless calmed him down.

“That’s great!” Narsha exclaimed. “We did say that we’ll have a duo. Please do it Jongie, please.”

"See Jongie," Sung Yeol added with a dorky grin. "Now you won't have to be alone on stage."

Narsha practically begged Sung Jong making the feminine boy’s guilt rise. He knows he’s gonna be selfish if he refuses them and he doesn’t want to carry this guilt all his life which is why he shakily nodded his head in agreement, besides just like Sung Yeol said at least he's not alone on stage.

“One song.” Sung Jong said. “Just one song and I’m off the stage.”

“Thank you thank you thank you Jongie!” cried Narsha as she hugged the boy with gratitude. “After this you and your friends would be honored guests here at Inspiritful Café.”

“Do you have a guitar Narsha-noona?” Myung Soo asked politely.

“As a matter of fact one of our employees has.” Narsha said with a smile as she faced the boy. “I’ll go ask her.”

After a short while Narsha came back with a simple acoustic guitar.

“She says that you better take care of her precious baby.” sighed Narsha as she handed the guitar to Myung Soo.

“Is there a room we can practice in?” Myung Soo asked as he strummed the guitar to check if it’s in tune.

“Would the back room be ok?” Hoya suggested. “It’s quiet there.”

“Well then,” Myung Soo started as he smiled at Sung Jong. “Let’s go practice for our first performance Jongie.”

 

As Myung Soo and Sung Jong closed the door of the back room the cheerful noise of the cafe was cut off. Myung Soo could see the nervousness in Sung Jong's eyes he then motioned for the boy to sit in front of him which Sung Jong silently obeyed. Once the younger was settled in his seat Myung Soo started to play the guitar, whenever he hears the melodic sound of a guitar he always calms down so maybe it'll do the same for Sung Jong. Judging from the look in Sung Jong's eyes he seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"What's the title of that song you played hyung?" Sung Jong asked as Myung Soo strummed the last chord.

"It's untitled yet." Myung Soo grinned. "But when it's finished I'll let you hear it."

“So what song should we play hyung?” Sung Jong asked.

Myung Soo had a thoughtful face on then grabbed his phone and started to browse through his list of songs. His eyes then grew wide as he chose one that he thinks would be perfect for a cute maid café like Inspiritful.

“Do you know the Banmal Song?” Myung Soo asked.

“The one Yong Hwa wrote for Seo Hyun in their We Got Married?”

“Yup.”

“Yeah, Woo Hyun-hyung watches We Got Married a lot saying that him and Sung Gyu-hyung would be in it one day.” laughed Sung Jong as he recalled the memory of his cheesy hyung. “I think I’ve memorized it because of him, why?”

“Cause that’s the song we’re gonna perform.” Myung Soo stated and they began to practice.

 

After at least an hour of practicing the two of them heard a knock on the door and Narsha’s voice soon came.

“Are you two ready?”

“Yup.” Myung Soo said. “Let’s go Sung Jong.” Myung Soo reached out a hand for the other which the younger boy shyly grabbed. He gave Myung Soo a weak smile then they went out the door.

The two of them went straight to the side of the stage and waited for Narsha to finish introducing them.

“Good afternoon masters.” Narsha’s perky voice was heard through the speaker. “There has been a slight change of performance since our original duet couldn’t come. So instead one of our lovely maids and her friend is gonna sing a song for us to enjoy.” claps were heard from the crowd. “So please welcome your lovely Jong Sung-sshi and Myung Soo-sshi.” at the sound of Sung Jong’s stage name a few customers suddenly got interested proving Sung Jong’s popularity in the café.

The crowd’s cheers didn’t help Sung Jong though. As soon as he was on top of the stage and looked at the crowd he could feel his knees get weak and his heart started beating fast. He was about to fall down and cry, delaying the performance. The crowd’s whispers were unheard but it just worsened Sung Jong’s condition. Myung Soo was about to approach the younger and calm him down if not for a shout from a certain chodding in the crowd stopped him and all the hushed whispers.

“Jong Sung-noona!!” Sung Yeol shouted. “Saranghaeyo!! Fighting!!”

Sung Jong’s melodious laugh was suddenly heard and Myung Soo was relieved to see the younger not on the verge of tears anymore. Count on Sung Yeol to always know what to do.

 “Good Afternoon masters.” Sung Jong said now that he was okay. “I’m very sorry for the delay but this will be my first performance on stage so I hope you like it.”

“Do you need a chair Jongie?” Myung Soo whispered.

“No thanks hyung.” Sung Jong replied with a bright smile and with that said Myung Soo started to strum his guitar.

 

~Myung Soo~ || ~Sung Jong~ || ~Together~

maencheoeum neoreul bodeon nal [The day when I first saw you]
sujupgiman hadeon neoui malgeun misodo [Your bright smile full of shyness]
oneuri jinamyeon gakkawo jilgeoya [we’ll get closer after today]
maeil seolleneun gidaereul hae [every day, I have heart-fluttering expectations]

museun mareul geonne bolkka [what to say to you]
eotteoke hamyeon nega useojulkka [how to get you to laugh]
soneul geonneboda eosaekhaejilkkabwa [I fear it’ll get awkward when I try to hold your hand]
meotjjeogeun useumman useobwa [all I can do is smile shyly]

uri seoro banmalhaneun saiga doegireul [Hopefully we can speak banmal to each other]
ajik jogeum seotureugo eosaekhandedo [even though it’s still awkward and unfamiliar]
gomawoyo raneun maltu daesin [instead of saying ‘thank you’]
jom deo chinhage mareul haejullae [talk to me in a friendlier way]

uri seoro banmalhaneun saiga doelgeoya [Hopefully we can speak banmal to each other]
hangeoreumssik cheoncheonhi dagawa [you walk towards me slowly, step by step]
ijen nae dununeul barabomyeo mareul haejullae [now look at my two eyes and tell me]
neol saranghae [I love you]

neowaui soneul japdeonnal [The day when I held your hand]
simjangi meomchundeutan gibundeure [I felt my heart stop beating]
museunmal haenneunji gieokjocha anna [I don’t even remember what I said]
manyang seolleneun gibuningeol [All I feel is a flutter in my stomach]

uri seoro saranghaneun saiga doegireul [Hopefully we can fall in love with each other]
jabeun duson yeongwonhi nochi anheulkkeoya [I’ll never let go of your two hands from my grasp]
baraboneun neoui nunbitsoge [the light of your eyes, gazing at me]
haengbokhan misoman itgil barae [I hope there will only be joyful smiles]

uri seoro saranghaneun saiga doelkkeoya [Hopefully we can fall in love with each other]
akkyeojugo pyeonhi gidaemyeon doe [We can lean on one another and take care of each other]
neoreul boneun naui du nunbichi [Looking into your eyes, my two eyes]
malhago isseo [they’re talking to you]
neol saranghae [I love you]

Sung Jong couldn’t help but blush a little as Myung Soo sang the last part while looking directly at him. He heard the crowd’s loud cheers and claps and he smiled as a wave of relief flooded in him his smile became bigger when he saw that Sung Yeol was cheering the most. He could see the chodding come forward to the stage as Myung Soo and him bowed then went down.

“Sung Yeol-hyung!” cried Sung Jong as he suddenly hugged the taller male. Good thing Sung Yeol has good balance or else the two of them would fall. “Thank you so much hyung!”

“Woah! Jongie!” laughed Sung Yeol a little red on the cheeks. “I didn’t do anything though. It was the two of you who were amazing.”

“But if not for your cheer I don’t think I could have sung up there.” smiled the younger his eyes turning to inverted U’s

“I-I just cheered.” Sung Yeol said stuttering a bit. He swears his heart would explode any minute if he keeps getting hugged by Sung Jong and if he keeps getting his smile, although Sung Yeol knows he won’t regret dying like that. “You and Myung Soo were the ones who perfomed.”

“I was just a background character.” Myung Soo smiled but was suddenly enveloped by Sung Jong’s warm hug.

“Thank you to hyung!” cried Sung Jong. "Thank you for singing with me hehe."

Suddenly Myung Soo felt the crook of his neck get wet and heard a small hiccup from the slim boy in his arms.

"Are you crying Jongie?" Myung Soo asked concerned and alarming Sung Yeol in the process.

"Hehe," Sung Jong laughed lightly as he faced the two of them. "I'm just ahppy that I have the two best hyungs in the world." Sung Jong then locked his arms with the two elder boys making them blush by his antics. "Now let's go, the shop is going to close soon meaning free cake for us!"

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen Hoya and Dong Woo were cleaning up for the day.

"I've never seen Sung Jong look so happy while singing like that." Dong Woo mused with a proud smile.

"Being on stage looks good on him than just singing on the net." Hoya added, he feels like a proud father. Then suddenly he rembered a certain incident during the performance. "But you know, Myung Soo looked like he was saying the saranghae part directly to Sung Jong." Hoya then chuckled a bit.

"I noticed that too," smiled Dong Woo as he wiped his hands he then turned to Hoya with complete amusement in his eyes. "You know what else I noticed?"

"What?"

"How Sung Yeollie shouted 'saranghaeyo' so openly." Dong Woo stated smiling brightly.

"Oh~" Hoya replied equaling his lover's look of amusement. "I wonder who Jongie would pick between the two of them?"

"Personally," Dong Woo thought. "I think he'd pick Sung Yeol, he's fun to be with."

"But Myung Soo's silence would complement Jongie's bubbliness you know." Hoya stated countering his boyfriend.

Dong Woo was a bit taken aback by this and was about to say that Sung Yeol and Sung Jong looked better together if not for the three poeple they were talking about who suddenly went inside the kitchen.

"Hyungie~" Sung Jong called cheerfully. "Can we eat cake now?"

Hoya and Dong Woo looked at the trio. Sung Jong was in between Myung Soo and Sung Yeol and he held hands with the two blushing boys. Hoya and Dong Woo looked at each other then began to laugh at their previous discussion. They realized that they didn't really have to pick between Myung Soo and Sung Yeol since the two clearly likes their precious maknae, the people in question just haven’t realized it yet.

 


you know how I add the lyrics of the song to the whole fic? I'm just wondering if i should keep doing that. I feel like the chapter gets longer because of the lyrics and I feel like some of you gets annoyed by it...

anyways... I have a new story that is MyungJong with HoJong entitled The "Bridge" ^^ please read it if you have time =)

There will be no comment replies for this chapter because I'm about to go out and I just wanted to upload this chapter >.< but I've read all your comments and I thank you all for them ^^ even you silent readers =) and one more thing! it was Woohyun-oppa's birthday the other day ^^ and i know it's late but I will upload a WooGyu bonus track maybe later tonight if I finish typing it on my Blackberry ^^ for now I'll show you what I made when my exams were officially done ^^